Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: RR/RC for The Last Kingdom (released)

Default Re: RR/RC for The Last Kingdom (released)

The TLK .cfg is in D:\SEGA\Medieval 2 Total War\mods\Last_Kingdom
    It's called Configuration, and underneath it says CFG File.
    It opens with Notepad or Notepad++.

Spoiler tags are
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    this
    . You need one at the beginning of the text you want to hide and one at the end. The beginning one is written as [spoiler] and the ending one is /spoiler, but still in the [] brackets.

RR/RC is the work of Point Blank. I am merely using and adapting his system. I'm sure he wouldn't mind if you reposted the RR and RC guides, since he has already given permission to everyone to use his work. He didn't ask for it, but it would be nice to mention that those files are the work of Point Blank from twcenter.net.

Did you wait for the installation to complete? Gigantus is the expert when it comes to things like these, so it would be better to post in the Bug Reports thread.

I uploaded the newest RC manual as well as the RR manual, which I hadn't uploaded by mistake.

Dear k/t,

Thank you for your answers. I will post on "IB2/CB" the 2 RR and RC guides, noting that they have been developped originally by Point Blank for Stainless Steel and made available by him for the community, and that you developped RR/RC for Broken Crescent and TLK.

For my installation issues, I will write on Bugs and Installation issues.

Thanks again, and if you have time, have a look at IB2/CB, it's really an interesting mod!

Best regards,

FFJean

Well, I just used his system. The submods I made include changes to the unit stats according to RR/RC principles, but also a lot of other things for improved realism, especially in the BC submod.

I've visited IB2's forum before. I'd like to get that mod when it's ready, but it's going to result in more work, haha. I'm still not fully done with my BC submod, and I also have to convert the entire 1648 and Thera EDUs. On top of that, I'm helping Tsardoms and East Of Rome with their unit stats, so I won't have to convert the EDU once they release.

Thanks for this submod, makes an already awesome mod better I do have one annoying thing after installing it, for some reason my axe-wielding Huscarls have their axes basically glued to and piercing through their shields, it looks very immersion-breaking. Since I read in this topic how their shields are supposed to be on their back, I'm wondering if I did something wrong and if so what file I should check?
    Aeimnestus was a Spartan, famous because he killed the Persian General Mardonius at the battle of Plataea.

Quote Originally Posted by k/t
    Known issues: the shields of the infamous five now float horizontally, cutting through the soldiers. It is purely a graphical problem, and it does not interfere with their combat performance.
    I have to get someone to fix that. I will eventually.

Fair enough, I must have missed that line in your OP. I was able to fix the animation problem by overwriting your battle_models.modeldb file with the file from Heathen Storm's cavalry submod. Does this have any effect on the way units perform in RR/RC?
    Aeimnestus was a Spartan, famous because he killed the Persian General Mardonius at the battle of Plataea.

Yes, because I had removed those units' one-handed attack and shield animations. However, they no longer have a second weapon in the EDU, so I'm not sure what they'll end up doing. The biggest problem with units with two melee weapons is that they stop right their charge right before making contact with the enemy and switch weapons.

Since for me the visual glitch of the wrong shield placement would also be immersion-breaking, I made the other choice : I gave them the mace animation and removed the secondary weapon.
    It works fine and is not visually disturbing. They charge and fight as expected.
    I would prefer them to use the axe two-handed, though, and it is a temporary solution until someone corrects the shield placement.

About a spear throwing viking unit, I will try converting the viking mercenaries by giving them the javelin as first weapon and spear as second, then give them the catalan merc animation.
    I would have prefered a real elite unit with sword or axe or even two handed axe for melee, but my modding skills are very limited.
    Another possibility would have been to use a dismounted version of a spear + sword or axe cavalry unit but I found none that is viking-looking enough to my taste.

Both Viking mercs make a spear throwing unit.
    But when in melee, one cannot see the spears....
    Last edited by Katagelan; May 20, 2013 at 12:37 AM.

You would have to ask in the Mod Workshop to see what you've done wrong.

Macrath's Avatar Domesticus

thnx going to try this out now

Does anyone envision an update to this mod any time soon?

Or better yet, has anyone found a way to modify the axe through shield issue? If someone has, it would be great if they could post their files for the rest of us who are not as savvy when it comes to modding.

Thanks!

Btw, this mod doesn't work with the Oneill faction submod :/ is it possible too make it work with RR/RC?

I have made some changes, and I intend to add a garrison script as well. I haven't yet asked anyone to fix the units, but I'll get around to it eventually.

That submod surely has changed the EDU and EDB, so of course they're not compatible. I'll have to take a look at it and I'll tell you what you need to change to make them work together.

Most apprieciated! :=)

Thanks for you work and attention k/t. And do you got any news for a fixing the models?

Icon1 Re: RR/RC for The Last Kingdom (released)

Hi! I really appreciate RR/RC for TLK!
    Do you have ever thought to make somethig similar for De Bello Mundi??
    Last edited by rafmc1989; March 20, 2014 at 05:22 AM.

I am waiting for the dust to settle regarding that game (i.e. fully patched, bugs fixed). Then I'll get it and play it and, if necessary, make a submod.

Lord Derfel's Avatar Biarchus

@k/t

First of all thanks for adding RR/RC to this mod, I believe it should be included in every mod. I tried this mod some time ago and noticed the issue with the floating shields on some units. I fixed this some time ago but never got around to posting here. I have attached the fixed models to this post. I think I managed to get them all (hopefully). If you would like to test them out please do so they are working fine in my game.
    Attached Files Attached Files