Thread: TATW Unofficial patch 4.0

Senator

Default Re: Unofficial patch

Quote Originally Posted by leo.civil.uefs View Post
    I dont know if it is a good idea. Just because some stuff is cool does not mean it should be added in TATW.

intel's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by chriskourou View Post
    I believe that some major cities such as minas tirith, Honburg, Erebor etc, should be much much more difficult to conquer. I mean except for the "extra defences" they could use the trebuchet engines we saw in the 3rd movie and a much stronger door.
    You can place trebuchets on the wall in Minas Tirith. Making "trebuchet towers" is however more or less impossible. You can't animate towers. But I think a reasonable solution to that would be making a separate unit called "MT's trebuchet" or whatever, which would consist of a single trebuchet, so it could be easily placed on the upper wall.
    City specific wall hitpoints is unfortunately also impossible. Leo tried and failed at this, so I guess we can assure its impossible.
    And my real question is.. what about grond as a siege engine Leo ?
    Hmmm... IMHO not worth the effort it'd take, there are far more important projects. But lets see what Leo says about it

chriskourou's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by intel View Post
    You can place trebuchets on the wall in Minas Tirith. Making "trebuchet towers" is however more or less impossible. You can't animate towers. But I think a reasonable solution to that would be making a separate unit called "MT's trebuchet" or whatever, which would consist of a single trebuchet, so it could be easily placed on the upper wall.
    City specific wall hitpoints is unfortunately also impossible. Leo tried and failed at this, so I guess we can assure its impossible.

Hmmm... IMHO not worth the effort it'd take, there are far more important projects. But lets see what Leo says about it
    I see. I will once say though, that every faction's capital, should have some serious bonouses. Extra hitpoints is one thought. It could recruit elite units from the very start, have more free upkeeps units etc.

Of course there are more important projects than grond, I mentioned it because the conversation went on siege engines

mlks's Avatar Laetus

I see. I will once say though, that every faction's capital, should have some serious bonouses. Extra hitpoints is one thought. It could recruit elite units from the very start, have more free upkeeps units etc.

Of course there are more important projects than grond, I mentioned it because the conversation went on siege engines
    I do not believe that giving extra hitpoints makes sense .A morale boost would probably be a better solution
    Also well done leo i thing that you have take tatw to the next level

leo.civil.uefs's Avatar É nóis que vôa bruxão!

I believe that some major cities such as minas tirith, Honburg, Erebor etc, should be much much more difficult to conquer. I mean except for the "extra defences" they could use the trebuchet engines we saw in the 3rd movie and a much stronger door. In this way, even if a faction loses almost every settlement they got, they could give a very good last stand.

And my real question is.. what about grond as a siege engine Leo ?

Giving unique atributes for specific settlement structures is impossible. You can only make it for the settlement level, wich means for example, that if you do such for huge cities, all them will have the bonus.

Siege engines are culture specific, that means if ground was added for mordor, it would also be for all orc factions.

What I proposed few months ago to the MOS team was to endow Gondoer with a different set of siege weapons: ballistas (tier 1) trebuchets (tier 2) and "Guard's Trebuchets" (tier 3). Guard's Trebuchets have the same skills of normal Trebuchets, but are much smaller so they can fit in the Minas Tirith's upper streets. Also, they are manouvered by Citadel's Guards (that's realistic) so they better hold against enemies.
    Unfortunately, my modding skills are nihil so I really can't help with that. But it does not require any particular graphic modelling skills, only to A) reduce the size of the Trebuchets (or its impact area) B) sobstituting the servants with Citadel guards' models and skills and C) coding.
    Coding implies: C.1 >> sobstituting Catapult with Trebuchets in tier 2
    C.2 >> adding the Guard's Trebuchet to tier 3.
    anyone can pick this up? it would have my greatest encouragement.

leo is there any chance to make TATAW harder?
    i mean even with VH its kind of easy

Ministry's Avatar Tiro

Now that permissions are a done deal, when can we expect to see your most excellent work released beyond the 3.0 old release?

Quote Originally Posted by kingkrick View Post
    leo is there any chance to make TATAW harder?
    i mean even with VH its kind of easy
    The game is quite hard for the big majority of the community.
    If you're really a hardcore player, you should elarn how to do some small changes on modding so you can take things even more difficult for you.
    I suppose it would be simple to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Ministry View Post
    Now that permissions are a done deal, when can we expect to see your most excellent work released beyond the 3.0 old release?
    1 week or so.

1 week or so.
    Probably not save game compatible eh? Cause it changes the strat map. Sucks cause I'm having a ton of fun with the dwarves and all the love you put into their settlements! Anyways keep it up Leo! Love what you are doing !

I agree: you are kind of a leader for the TaTW community now. Submods are great and interesting, but there's nothing even far away comparable with your new settlements.
    Last edited by franznikoforos; December 12, 2013 at 07:12 AM. Reason: language mistake

Dutch-Balrog's Avatar Domesticus

I wouldn't say that.

Will we finally see Dol Amroth released in the next version?
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected. - G.K. CHESTERTON

AdmiralThrawn's Avatar Vicarius

Giving unique atributes for specific settlement structures is impossible. You can only make it for the settlement level, wich means for example, that if you do such for huge cities, all them will have the bonus.

Siege engines are culture specific, that means if ground was added for mordor, it would also be for all orc factions.
    How about making Grond a unit instead? Like a catapult, but designed to break down gates?

just flying through that thread I noticed I am not mentioned on that barad model. Ancient remark, but for god´s sake please place a 'DA' somewhere.
    Btw nice stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by Devils_Advocate View Post
    just flying through that thread I noticed I am not mentioned on that barad model. Ancient remark, but for god´s sake please place a 'DA' somewhere.
    Btw nice stuff!
    Actually there is. Under THANKS, CREDITS, CLARIFICATIONS AND PERMISSIONS -- ANOTHER CONTRIBUTIONS -- Barad Dûr models and textures made by Devils_Advocate
    Last edited by Arkay; December 13, 2013 at 05:07 AM.

Such sweet news!
    Now that all necessary permissions have been granted, I feel a sudden confidence in this mod that it can literally do anything now! Onwards and upwards!
    -HK

THE CAKE IS A LIE!

Im going to the theater today because I need to check some details before releasing some stuff. I think I will buy 2 tickets and watch it 2 times in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by Devils_Advocate View Post
    Btw nice stuff!

Your credits for Barad Dûr has always been there, since I firstly released it in the 1.0 version.
    Thanks.

Hi leo and community,
    Got many questions to ask before using this :
    I saw you ask questions on this submod :http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-Trailer/page8
    will you implement this ? Because I had to put it myself on MOS, no one seems to use it, though it reflects the movies and books, archers aren't precise enough on this game...
    Do you know about permanent projectiles also ? Cause I use that and it's rather realistic too, but it can cause the fps to get down.

About the nazguls, it's detail but using dismounted numenorians as nazguls bodyguards would be more realistic than mounted, no ?
    about the MOS submods, do you plan on using some mods in your unofficial patch ? immortal heroes, diplomacy submods...

I'm sure ppl already asked about MOS and I've read it's not compatible but 112 pages to read is a lot, if I could get info on what submods are or will be included it would be appreciate.

Thank you for you work.
    Anorf

Quote Originally Posted by Anorfwael View Post
    Hi leo and community,
    Got many questions to ask before using this :
    I saw you ask questions on this submod :http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-Trailer/page8
    will you implement this ? Because I had to put it myself on MOS, no one seems to use it, though it reflects the movies and books, archers aren't precise enough on this game...
    Do you know about permanent projectiles also ? Cause I use that and it's rather realistic too, but it can cause the fps to get down.

About the nazguls, it's detail but using dismounted numenorians as nazguls bodyguards would be more realistic than mounted, no ?
    about the MOS submods, do you plan on using some mods in your unofficial patch ? immortal heroes, diplomacy submods...

I'm sure ppl already asked about MOS and I've read it's not compatible but 112 pages to read is a lot, if I could get info on what submods are or will be included it would be appreciate.

Thank you for you work.
    Anorf
    Im not going to implement the accuracy stuff. I checked it and TATW vanilla already has a special arrow for elve, giving them more accuracy. I also have made some small changes on the accuracy for siege engines. They were too damn blind, (only catapults and ballistas), but nothing exagerated.

I know nothing about the nazgul sutff, and not somethign I want to work on now.

No intention of adding anything from mos now. My sub-mod is intended to be vanilla stuff, MOS is actually using my stuff, If I start using their, we will end up with... 2 versions of mos? Makes absolutelly no sense.