Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TLK - Britain Submod

KEA's Avatar Senator

Default TLK - Britain Submod

This is a sub-mod that reduces the theatre to the British Isles. The idea is to focus the game on what is going there, the Great Heathen Army, the Saxon kingdoms etc.

I am using a cut-out of the IBII Britannia map (older version, that was around when I started this) as the base. Research for settlements was mainly done using the Domesday Book.

Three new Norse factions are added: the Kingdom of the Isles and Kingdom of Dublin and The Great Heathen Army.

The script was cut down to a 4tpy script. Several changes to EDB and EDU to fit the different recruitment.

Installation:

1st download the zip from here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=4214
    2nd make a copy of TLK and extract the content of the zip into the original TLK folder (not the copy)
    3rd you can start the mod the normal way using the desktop shortcut (do not apply any of the "Normans" executables, they are not needed)
    4th when you wish to return to stock TLK just rename the folder Last_Kingdom into something else and the copy you had made into Last_Kingdom

When you run a newer version of TLK you might witness a CTD instantly on game start. In this case place this models.db into your folder Last_Kingdom\data\unit_models: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/attac...0&d=1439152537

This is very much Beta because I started with it nearly two years ago, run into some problems, laid it aside, and returned to it but recently. So, I am not sure if I completed all changes I wanted to. This is a working version, that most likely will see some more changes later on.
    Last edited by KEA; August 10, 2015 at 04:34 AM.

Teutonic's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: TLK - Britain Submod [in progress]

Interesting. Good luck with the project!

You should also add the third Irish faction like one of the submods did.

KEA's Avatar Senator

updated first post (map now complete with roads and trade ressources)

I just wanna say, I'm really looking forward to your submod. I think TLK is one of the BEST mods for Med2, top 5 atleast. Good luck, I'll be keeping an eye on this.
    “The hardest thing in the world is to assume the mood of a warrior. It is of no use to be sad and complain and feel justified in doing so, believing that someone is always doing something to us. Nobody is doing anything to anybody, much less to a warrior.” ― Don Juan
    "It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us the freedom to demonstrate. It is the soldier, who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag." -- Father Dennis Edward O'Brien, USMC

Serapio's Avatar Semisalis

also looking forward. this scenery would be very nice. remembers my of viking invaion II for rtw. will you include the kingdom of strathclyde between alba and northumbria?

KEA's Avatar Senator

No, I don't plan to add any more Celtic factions (for now).

Finished implementing the Anglo-Saxon kingdoms.

Kea we are in the middle of a project on our IB2 forums Based on 58OAD(same map style) as far as I know speaking as the IB2 mod and forums leader am wondering if had giving you permission. Now you are working on a Viking age time frame?.. If so contact me and we can sort it out...Thanks. This also looks like our older map. The one we have in use for this mod is much more advanced
    Last edited by Riothamus; December 10, 2013 at 03:31 PM.

Under the esteemed patronage of Ramon Gonzales y Garcia IB and IB2 Mod

Thanks for the PM KEA...No worries.
    MathiasofAthens, please give partial credit for the map. We do have a much more advanced map that our welcomed to use. You are welcome to use our other files etc...please just credit or team s a whole...Good luck w/the Viking Age Mod! Long live the Red Thor! Carry on...

Under the esteemed patronage of Ramon Gonzales y Garcia IB and IB2 Mod

KEA's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Riothamus View Post
    MathiasofAthens, please give partial credit for the map. We do have a much more advanced map that our welcomed to use. You are welcome to use our other files etc...please just credit or team s a whole...
    Thanks a lot. I indeed might be adding some units of IB for Celtic and English militia/lights which are still a bit vanilla in TLK. Of course, proper credit will be given.

EDIT: Celts now implemented

Knutr inn Riki's Avatar Foederatus

Hei hei KEA,
    This definitely looks like a real good project – i am absolutely looking forward to playing this some time!
    So far I have never really played TLK a lot, for I always enjoyed the more centralised sorts of mods (if you know what I mean ^^), as especially the ones focussing on the British Isles as one complex (you maybe remember Vacuus Lux Lucis ? though it has been a really long time yet since they quit it, if I think about it now ).

However, I am more or less recently into a pretty similar project as well. Have a look here, if you like:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ject-for-VI-II

I somehow just stuck to VI II as a template although I was aware of TLK - I think mostly just because I have always been enjoying playing VI II ...well anyway, I have been pondering how to proceed at some times, since I could not afford too much time into the mod within the last year obviously and because I am really stuck with the notorious landmass-bug in Rome TW for ages and I have implemented the map in both rome and medieval II, but howsoever, as you see, I am pretty slow with everything and not proceeding too fast in the last time and I still would enjoy to do a lot changes about 2d-grafics, symbols and textures and everything, so I have procrastinated this decision until now...^^

As I wrote in the linked thread the map contains about 190 regions and nearly the exact same settings concerning time, map-extract and factions on the whole....the names, the towns, regions and the ground textures are as accurate and authentic as possible and of course it is a bit more subdivided, which would definitely suit a scenario with more factions (as I said, it is actually designed to keep at least Strathclyde and one more irish and viking faction ) – so I just say, what I think: ‘we’ could maybe use this at a later time, as you also proposed in order to create a really detailed scenario with some more factions in it afterwards, at some time in the future? But of course – I assume – you will most probably hang on to your own map for now, which is perfectly fine of course.
    Unfortunately at the moment I am just not able to do some proper modding, because I am not at home for like half a year still to go (which is the most decisive problem to be honest – I am staying in Australia and I have just got a plain ‘office’-laptop to work on casually), but if I can already give you support of any kind, if you like, I would enjoy to do so .
    So what do you think?

Cheers!
    Knut
    Last edited by Knutr inn Riki; December 19, 2013 at 11:58 AM.

«Maiori forsan cum timore sententiam in me fertis quam ego accipiam»
    - Giordano Bruno

KEA's Avatar Senator

Hi Knut,

never heard of VI2 before. Looks good.

Yes, any help is welcome. For the start I had been using a map I had on my PC and was to limit myself to reworking the Norse factions. But of course, this doesn't have to be the final version and there is a lot of grey provinces to be filled with additonal factions. I am now trying to get a playable version together as quickly as possible to see where additional work is needed most.

Hello,

it definitely is ^^

ah ok, so you did not exclusively create an elaborate, own map for the project?
    Because this would actually be my aim for this instance: so I would offer you to use my map data to implement the TLK units and campaign, because I suppose this is quite exactly, what I would have tried to do in some months being at home again...which honestly would be a waste of effort in a way, doing the same work twice, don't you think?
    So to be precise, I would offer you this as a cooperation... not necesarily at this point in time, but for a later time at least - perhaps when we could try to add more factions to the scenario. OR if that would suit you better I would at least like to ask you now, if you would grant me to utilise your achievements then (next summer) in order to try it on my own?

BUT However, please don't feel pressed! I am just elate to see, that there maybe is a good chance of speeding up and accomplishing quicker and more 'easily', what I am trying to do for some two years yet.

Aaand eventually, this would be the map I am talking about (the colours are quite dazzling, so I made it black-white to make it possible to look on and to avoid eye cancer ^^):
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

...ok this site is definitely freaking me out with linking pictures, and attachments dont work either... -_- ...just go via the link

edit: ok, its working now. ^^

Cheers
    Last edited by Knutr inn Riki; December 19, 2013 at 10:43 PM.

- Giordano Bruno

Hei hei again guys,

so actually, for I was just too curious aouthis, I started doing some little changes in the data and implemented my map to a basic degree (so there are no resources and the like yet), which is not too difficult a work to be honest (at least so far), anyway I am looking forward to get the chance testing it - which will be I hope quite shortly.
    I will be using the Uí Néill faction submod by smoesville as well (very good work, it seems, thank you very much for this! ) and I will leave out the Laigin faction at least for now (even though the map is actually designed to hold a faction there ).
    I am going to keep you up to date.

Happy new Year and cheers!
    Knutr

- Giordano Bruno

KEA's Avatar Senator

I have so far implemented all factions but run into a problem with the Danes starting as a horde that I wasn't able to solve until now. As soon as I got this sorted out (may be I have them starting with one settlement instead) I'll implement some units from IBII and get it started.

Acheron's Avatar Libertus

How progresses this sub mod?

Thanks
    'However long the night, the dawn will break'

Quote Originally Posted by KEA View Post
    There will be no more scripted Viking invasions.
    Could you make a version with and without scripted viking invasions? I personally find them a nice touch and a reason to fortify the cities that could be raided.

Most wanted submod off all...

KEA's Avatar Senator

I have sorted out the problem and see to get this mod finished in the next days (but without additional units for the start)

Wow great news!!!!!!!!! The anticipation is at maximum how many new factions will there be in this submod?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast