Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: [LOTRTW AAR] defend the white city - gondor aar

Default Re: [LOTRTW AAR] defend the white city - gondor aar

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilicar View Post
    ok thats fine i dont care for fighting the easterlings either if i dont have to but if you take Minas Morgul, Durthang and the black gate you still need to take one more province to make Sauron not be invincible. im sorry i am not trying to tell you how to play your game im just giving some advice on how i see the situation. also the other archers that gondor can recruit are good against the haradrim i just prefer rangers because they are also decent swordsmen when they run out of arrows.
    yeah I know that ur just advising and I'm thanking u for it , feed back is always nice thanks for ur help mate

Quote Originally Posted by Hopit View Post
    you don't loose them, but their stats take a hit.
    nah I'd like to do things movie based , cuz personally I love the LOTR movies, so let frodo around for a while ... is there a chance that he would manage to destroy the ring by himself ???
    Quote Originally Posted by Blatta Optima Maxima View Post
    So you have reached the "NANANANANA I AM NOT LIZTENING, YOU ARE WRONG" phase. Just a couple of posts back you were bragging about how the Persians lost because of their inferiority, now you're saying you don't care?
    BOM to Kakabis
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=484498
    my AAR, please check it out

Quote Originally Posted by the persian Immortal View Post
    any Idea how I should deal with the southern bugers???
    As ealier people said - send to Harandor some garrison and keep ford on the River from attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilicar View Post
    you still need to send an army north to attack dol gur and the other mordor province in mirkwood
    As he said. The persian Immortal, you haven't so many forces to fight vs Orc Rabbles and Easterligns, but you may help your allies vs Mordor.

Quote Originally Posted by Vonihidilix View Post
    As he said. The persian Immortal, you haven't so many forces to fight vs Orc Rabbles and Easterligns, but you may help your allies vs Mordor.
    yeah, but if u had view the conversation you can see that the issue is that if I go north (conquer mordors northern cities) the chance that the Esterlings or the orc rebels attack me is extremely high cuz mordors northern cities have borders with those two so I'm not sure what I'm going to do...
    So you have reached the "NANANANANA I AM NOT LIZTENING, YOU ARE WRONG" phase. Just a couple of posts back you were bragging about how the Persians lost because of their inferiority, now you're saying you don't care?
    BOM to Kakabis

chapter 11 : talking the fight to the enemy

it was near dawn and Aragorn was sleeping in this bed in the city of Henneth-annun they were suppose to leave for the black gates tomorrow so he needed all the rest he could get but this was something mysterious about this city...or that night...time by time Aragorn saw shadows and the sound of a sth walking in the aisles of the so called castle of Henneth-annun .... Aragorns curios about this so he decided to found out were it came from ... he followed the sound to a balcony ... and saw Bromir walking around in circles while he was nervous and worried .... .

"what's the matter ? why is my good friend so nervous?" Aragorn asked with a firendly voice.
    -"ah nothing really .... I was expecting news from Framir tonight but it's near dawn and there is still no news from my Brother... I'm afraid sth might have happened to him" Bromir was still anxious and couldn't stop walking
    -"don't be like that , Framir is not the bold youth as you remember him , he has turned to a brave warrior and a great commander , he will do be ok there is no need to worry about him" Aragorn said reassuringly
    -"but he is still my little brother no matter how old he is! I can't believe that he's at our most dangerous front risking his own life while I'm here behind the safe walls of henneth-annun and under the protection of our greatest army ... I need to do sth to aid him" bromir craid
    -"Bromir what your doing is as Important as his task if you leave , then who will set things in order here? if you weren't present here me and my men wouldn't be so sure about our back the thought that the enemy would take this city and surround and crush us while were on a campaign would never leave us alone ... we need you here ... and if your so worried about your brother, go and prey for him and ask for the gods protection"

suddenly the city gates opened and a messenger rode into the castle and rode up from the stairs until he reached Bromir ... he then quickly jumped down from his horse, knelt down and gave Bromir a letter saying :

in the name of God
    dear brother I've successfully taken the city of the dead and I'm setting things in order although I really don't know how to manage such cities but I'll do all I can to put things in order.

battle description by Framir :

we out numbered and out classed the foe

the enemies came out of the city gate and reformed one by one ... to bad that they had to do so under an arrow rain our superior archer showered the beasts with arrows at first I ordered them to shoot the enemies best units with fire .... the trolls . as soon as all the trolls were killed it was the lesser units turn our archers shot those bastards until they were out of arrows

then the horns was blown and the orcs ran amok and charged our lines like wild animals at first the impact of the charge gave the orcs a small advantage and it seemed like we will face a crushing defeat ... but after a few moments the fight started to turn more in our favor as our soldiers restore their energy and moral .... so I ordered the swordsman on the wings to flank the engaged orcs while cavalry was sent to deal with enemies missile troops who were left with no protection.

the cavalry charged the enemy from the rare after finishing off the missile units and the enemys army was now surrounded and they were all killed.

minas-morgul is now ours.

Bromir was now happy and proud...I can't believe he took minas-morgul by himself without any help from others, I have to write to him , and so he did.

the sun has risen in the plains of henneth-annun and Aragorns men all woke up and prepared for the campaign so was Aragorn, Aragorn was thinking : "our eastern front is now secure in the northern one we have the advantage... hmmmmmmm I wonder what gimly is doing?????? let me imagine...."

"emmmmmmmmmmmmm......................... no ..., no..., NO! absolutely not ....... ok I HOPE he is not doing what I think he's....... God save us......"

to be continued.................

ok guys so this was chapter 11 I know that it's short compared to the last one but hope you liked it longer chapter will be written soon but till then keep the feedbacks coming , good luck
    Last edited by the persian Immortal; March 31, 2012 at 06:11 AM.
    BOM to Kakabis

still great like the others.

TU wowwars
    BOM to Kakabis

Clagius's Avatar Campidoctor

Immortal, what difficulties you use?

Haradrim's Avatar Foederatus

+rep really great AAR keep doing!

thanks 4 the rep and the comment Haradrim I'll post the next the next chapter soon.
    BOM to Kakabis

chapter 12 : true men

in the resent years Gondor had made great changes in the middle earth and so they have been given the guardians of the west;however, at the same time that the brave men of Gondor were fighting the southrons and the Mordorians in Ithilia, other good powers were shrinking they were all beginning to wane.... specially the elfs in the north.
    In the white city : the guardian of the tree were walking with anxiety yelling at the wise wizard Gandalf : "every day I receive letters from our allies and the elfs, their asking for our help....this is driving me crazy....how on earth do they expect any help from us when we can barely defend our own borders...I DON'T WANT MY MEN TO DIE FOR STUPID ELFS NOR FOR THE RIDERS OF ROHAN.... they can defend them self ... we have our own problems"

-"sooner or later" said gandalf the white calmly, smoking his pipe "we SHOULD send an army north to reinforce our allies....every life on middle earth is Important ... our men in Ithilia are doing great so we can rest assured that they won't need any help for now so we can begin to create an army to reinforce our allies."

-"BUT BUT.... what about Framir???? I'm sure that souran will do whatever it takes to take minas-morgul back.... why don't we reinforce him???"

-"Framir is a mature man , steward.... he's no longer a child .. he can take care of himself ... but your right , if he remains in minas-morgul death awaits him and his men and so the river path will fall in the hands of the dark lord once again... I propose you write to your son and ask him to withdraw his forces from the city of the dead ....." Gandalf said.

steward was about to explode after hearing this, and he cried in anger "WHAT!!!!!??? WITHDRAW HIS MEN!!!??? he had risked his life and donned such a glorious act... he captured the city of the dead all by himself and now your saying that I should ask him to surrender!!!??? NO! he should continue his offensive and aggressive way and take the fight to souran.. and capture all his land...."

-"I BELIEVE IN FRAMIRS ABILITIES MUCH MORE THEN YOU DO.." Gandalf stood up and said "..but what do you really think ??? that he will just step inside mordor defeat every army that comes in his path and just kill souran???? why can't you understand!!!!? without the ring WE CANNOT WIN THIS WAR.....you probably know how fast orcs are spammed in orc pits, right??? and you also know that the nazguls are Immortal; and can't be killed???? IF you order him to stay, he'll die before we gather enough men to create a reinforcing army to aid him... he needs to stand back and strike when they don't expect him"

-the steward felt offended and said (glaring at Gandalf) : "I'm the king of Gondor and I decide things here!!! YOU GOT IT????"

-Gandalf was tired of discussing with a person as stupid and over proud as steward... "as you wish guardian go on... doom us all" and he walked out of the room.

at minas-morgul: Framir received the massage from his father telling him to stay in minas-morgul and if possible continue digging in mordor.... Framir himself ;however, was a bit worried ... armies of mordor had set a camp near minas-morgul and could siege the city at any time and the dead population of the city could also cause trouble any moment ... their (Framir and his men's) life in minas-morgul was turning to a living hell the need to be prepared for anything ... that had taken their sleeps away from them... the men were tired, exhausted and their food storage was almost empty... there seemed to be no hope in staying in minas-morgul or entering mordor.......

mean while in Emyn-arnen : the city was besieged...and sooner or later they would give up or will attempt to break the siege.... but still gimly was furious "I'll crush this fools" he cried as he was walking in in his tent in anger ... "why is it taking them so long....cowards !!! come out and face my axe if you dare...."

Legoelas at the other hand was silent .... "my brothers are dying in the north and yet I'm here fighting for men's survival .... I wish I could stay with my people and defend them from the ugly Goblins and the Bastard men of the east.... but cannot leave my friend now ..... I'll stay here and fight for my friends til I die in battle or achieve victory with them ....." legoelas was thinking.

-"ARE YOU EVEN LISTENING!!!!!!?????" Gimly shouted

legoelas was jumped from his place.... "ooo emmm...yeah yeah .. of course I was"

-"................GOOD.... NOW WERE WAS I??? OH YES THESE BASTARDS...."

as Gimly was complaining a soldier run to him...."SIR!!!! we are under attack from enemies reinforcements their numbers are 2000 soldiers with mumakils + the 1200 garrison inside the city which have mumakils too, we are only 2000 men ... and our flaming arrows wont make these mumakils run amok...these are elite mumakils sir... please order our men back ... I have two kids waiting for me to come back"

Gimly was mad seeing that this soldier is so damn scared " tell me this boy...what's your name???" he asked as he was trying not to loose his temper .
    - "I'm 'Al' sir....a soldier from bree..." the soldier replied

-"tell me this Al ... what do you want to tell your kids when you go back to them???? what do you think will make them more happy and proud???? that their coward daddy ran from the battle and left his brothers to die??? or that their father died like a hiro...for his country....for his brothers in arm....for them (Al's kids)"
    Gimly remained silent for a few seconds ... looking at the warrior from Bree who hung his head in shame and said nothing.....
    then Gimly continued : " listen boy... a dwarf never surrender no matter what, I and every soldiers who is willing to stay and die for his country , brothers and family, will fight to the death and kill as many as those beasts as possible ... and don't think that i'm forcing anyone .... every body how's too frightened to fight can leave and go home... and about you Al ... go home to your kids start a new life , become a fisherman, a farmer or anything other then a soldier ... just make sure to teach your kids not to become a soldier if they don't have balls for it....that's it...I'm done...you can flee and live like a coward or you can stay and die with glory....your choise" and then he walked out of the tent...Legoelas quickly followed him...
    "Gimly ...Gimly...wait" Legoelas said.
    Gimly stopped and looked at Legooelas "what old friend" he said with a firendly smile on his face "you wanna go home too???
    -"for the Gods sake Gimly you know that I won't leave you to die alone here" Legoelas replied
    -"then what's the matter???" Gimly asked
    -Legoelas: "the things that you said in the tent"
    -Gimly: "yes!?... what about that!!!???"

-Legoelas : "don't you know men???? they always think about them selves ... most of them don't understand the meaning of glory and valor , now that you have permitted them to leave , I'm afraid that most of them may leave and we'll have absolutely no chance against the enemy...."

-"yes I know men.... and i know that they're not all the same" Gimly said reassuringly

-Legoelas :"yes they do most of them are the same"

-"you think!??" Gimly asked "then take a look behind you"

and so did Legoelas , he then saw the entire army in front of him ... no they were not men , they were lions ... Gimlies words had inspired them so much that none of them feared death anymore....in the front of the army was Al himself "Sir!!!" cried "let's do this thing" smiling
    Gimly smiled back at Al and his men and looked at the city and said : "Emyn-arnen .... here we come"

battle description
    bad news were : two large armies came from both sides.... good news was : that we could take them on one by one the first army came forward and seconds latter our men were lunched to the air by the fearsome charge of the mumakils as the archers were taking on the mumakils the spwarmen were dealing with the Mumakils .

the fight was getting hard ... "we cannot risk more men" Gimly cried ... -"I'm on it" Legoelas said reaching his way to the mumakils back and shooting the back of the beasts head ... soon after the big scary beast was down on it's knees and fell bit the dust.

Anardil joined the combat as well, soon after the men of the south attempted to flee back to the city .... but they were all chased and killed by our men.

soon after, the army reformed as quickly as possible and our men were just getting warmed up.....

but the second army was somewhat large and our archers wasn't able to deal with them .... so they reached our lines again lunching our men to the air ....

as far as eye could see there was enemies and our only hope was for Gimly to completely engage in combat and so he did....Al and Gimly was fighting shoulder to shoulder in the right flank, Anardil fought in the left flank and Legoelas held the center....Gimly and his special guards where acting like a mincer ... turning every enemy who came their way to bloody meat pieces, Gimly was swinging his axe shouting "you some of this? come and get me" a pirate came forward and tried to stab Gimly with his pike,but Gimly dodged hit the pirates knee with his axe and as soon as the pirate fell on his knees Gimly hammered the pirates head and putted his axe on the pirates skull. but suddenly he realized that Al is not around first he thought that he's among other soldiers but then realized that he and a bunch of other spearmen are stabbing the mumakils legs with their spears and so they killed the mumakil but unluckily it fell on the top of our brave soldiers including Al, and that caused the whole enemy army to routed and we snatched a heroic victory, the enemies were so scared that some of them decided to kill themselves then to be slain by us.

after the battle Gimly was walking among the dead bodies and saw Al... he was bloody and his lower body was pressed under the giant body of the mumakil...as he was taking his last breath...he told Gimly: "tell my kids and my wife that I love them"
    -"I will my friend ... I'll also tell them that their dad was a hero.... they'll be very proud soldier....they'll be proud..." Gimly said as he was about to cry.... he tried all he can not to but the tears just kept falling slowly.... the Gimly looked at the sky that the god for this heroic victory and prayed for brave men how brought this victory for mordor..... and so they took emyn-arnen back and it was once again under Gondors banner.

ok guys this was chapter 12, hope you've enjoyed it , and make sure you leave some feedback cuz I really enjoy them bye bye.
    Last edited by the persian Immortal; March 31, 2012 at 12:10 PM.
    BOM to Kakabis

I asked what is your difficulty in the campaign, You didn't answer me ._.

well usually I play h/h but since I don't want my AAR to get ed I decided to go n/n for more balance
    BOM to Kakabis

Hamilicar's Avatar Tiro

I like how you involved the discussion about moving north to help your allies into the AAR. That was nice to see and also once you take emyn-arnen you will have a good border/ defense region in the south.

Why are you using Fountain Guardians on the field?

@ hamilicar : I'm glad you liked it bro, I'll maybe do sth like this again
    @claguis : y not!? they are a good unit and extremely useful in battles , is there a reason why you think I shouldn't use them ... your welcome to write it
    BOM to Kakabis

If you are aiming to be accurate for the lore you don't move them out of Minas Tirith.

ahhhhh yeah ..... I got ur point but read the first chapters ... I needed all the help I could get ... without them ... I couldn't have defended myself...
    thanks for the advise anyways
    BOM to Kakabis

ahhhhh yeah ..... I got ur point but read the first chapters ... I needed all the help I could get ... without them ... I couldn't have defended myself...
    thanks for the advise anyways
    BOM to Kakabis

Lore-wise they would have not agreed to accompany any generals, since they only answer to King. And there are no King; Aragorn, until Mordor is defeated.

actually I'm not trying to be 100% accurate, If I were I would never have separated aragorn , Gimly and legoelas from each other like how it was in the movie
    BOM to Kakabis