Thread: Napoleon : Masters of Europe (MoE), a new mod by l'Aigle and Steph

Default Re: Napoleon : Masters of Europe (MoE), a new mod by l'Aigle and Steph

Ok , good that sounds safer, the backup file I mean. Great will give it a go.

One more question does the new installer include the "User Script" or is that separate ?

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

It will be included, but you may have to edit it if you have other mods. Or want to change options/

Ok Thanks Steph.

Hi all,

Any chance this mod works on Mac ?
    I spent three days trying to have a mod work on mac. But no recipe worked. Not even the one detailed for darthmod by SWB.
    Help much appreciated.
    Thanks.

Patrician Artifex

No idea, I don't have a Mac.

Patrician Artifex

Uploading the latest update takes longer than expected. I'm uploading the large voices pack, already configured so you can get the voices in local language fro units, and voices in national language in the campaign (and not only English as you'd get with the smallest voice packs).

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    Uploading the latest update takes longer than expected. I'm uploading the large voices pack, already configured so you can get the voices in local language fro units, and voices in national language in the campaign (and not only English as you'd get with the smallest voice packs).
    Have finished uploading the latest update?

Patrician Artifex

nope. Half done... and I let it run the whole day! I have 11 files, each around 500 Mb. Problem is: it often stop before the end, and restart.

nope. Half done... and I let it run the whole day! I have 11 files, each around 500 Mb. Problem is: it often stop before the end, and restart.
    Too bad……THX your effort!THX!

Hello,
    Help my units speak wrong language, sometimes in battles (When they marsh espacialy...) and in capaign my french units seak english thats an horror.... XD
    Help to fix it please ?
    I have download all file and kepp only the localisation local file

Patrician Artifex

do you have any other mod installed?

Wow ! Is good to know that a new update will be ready soon! Thanks a lot Steph !
    I appreciate very much your effort to constantly enhance this already great mode.
    May I ask if in this new installer will be also available some optional sub-mods (like sound sub-mods, visual sub-mods, etc) ?

do you have any other mod installed?
    No not any other mod i play the game in french and starts all your mod with PFM
    (other note the helmet of my french lancer (light horse) trumpeter is buged...)

Patrician Artifex

To get the campaign voices in local language instead of English, you need to do some manual work, detailed in the installation page. This is a side effect of the changes allowing each unit to speak in their own language, even when recruited by another faction.
    Or you can wait the end of the week, when I have finally finish uploading the 5 Gb required to make it work, with the new installer.

About the issue when the units are marching. Does it happen when you have only one unit selected, or when they are grouped?

Do you have a screen showing the bug helmet?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170725124659_1.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	345.4 KB 
ID:	347379 This is the pic of the helmet buged

Well so i wait the update to corect that,

The units speak the wrong language when i select all or a group

Patrician Artifex

When I configured the voices for individual units, I think I forgot to do that for groups...
    I'll correct the helmet when back home, and see if I can fix the group voice issues.

TheRomanRuler's Avatar Campidoctor

I wonder, are militia in this mod still more spread out than line infantry? Becouse in real life we can see that while militia would certainly struggle hard keeping it`s formation if it moves, when it is stationary natural behaviour of humans is to seek cover from each others. Soldiers have to be trained in modern day to not stay too close to each other and to keep the distance, becouse otherwise everyone would be all cramped up together. Ancient hoplite formations had tendency to drift right, as everybody would try to seek cover from shield of guy next to them (your own shield was on your left side, so you were seeking cover from guy on the right).
    So i suggest that armed citizenry would actually be most cramped together infantry unit in the game. Militia would follow. When they start marching, they should be heavily affected by it and would struggle to keep their formation far more than regular line infantry.

Sorry if this has already been changed or if i am wrong or something.
    Apologies for anyone who's message i may miss or not be able to answer

Patrician Artifex

Do you know what is the ingame effect of closer formation?

To get the campaign voices in local language instead of English, you need to do some manual work, detailed in the installation page. This is a side effect of the changes allowing each unit to speak in their own language, even when recruited by another faction.
    Or you can wait the end of the week, when I have finally finish uploading the 5 Gb required to make it work, with the new installer.

About the issue when the units are marching. Does it happen when you have only one unit selected, or when they are grouped?

Do you have a screen showing the bug helmet?
    Will you upload the big update in this weekend?