Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Factions Preview

Default Re: Preview N.4

Wow! These are some of the best skins and shades I've seen for any RTW mod since it has been released! You know...that's the one thing I hate about some skinning projects...they turn out to be 1-dimensional, especially with colors...but you guys have turned it up a notch! Kudos!!!
    Gersh

This mod look good and awesome...
    but only one thing is :hmmm:
    any swordmen? or what?
    Zeus be with us...

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Great

Since the first time as you guys announced this mod, i'm a fan of this idea. Although in the meantime i'm a bit away from the Roman/Greek timeframe-mods, this is definetely a must have for me.

Someone mentioned mercs to give more unit variety to the faction-units, i don't second this, please don't code any ahistorical properties to the mod.

I hope you will realise the setup with the -mod:my_mod function.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

KALI's Avatar Senator

I'm fairly sure they'll be nothing a historical in PI and the Mercs available, will be well within the realms of realism.
    I came, I saw, I went away again.

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Quote Originally Posted by KALI
    I'm fairly sure they'll be nothing a historical in PI and the Mercs available, will be well within the realms of realism.

Carthage was famous for using mercenary units, as they hadn't enough own warriors to defend or conquer their regions, and they had the money to hire them. But the early Italian tribes ... ? I don't think so, but i'm not an expert for this early timeframe for Italy and its border-regions .
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

KALI's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by DaVinci
    Carthage was famous for using mercenary units, as they hadn't enough own warriors to defend or conquer their regions, and they had the money to hire them.
    Yep the Carthies really lacked numbers after all they were colonists not indigenous peoples.

But the early Italian tribes ... ? I don't think so, but i'm not an expert for this early timeframe for Italy and its border-regions .
    Don't worry Luciano is approaching "expert" on his storia italiana.

btw I don't always see the mercs in the game as guns for hire. Rather allied assistance under your control.
    I came, I saw, I went away again.

Carthage was famous for using mercenary units, as they hadn't enough own warriors to defend or conquer their regions, and they had the money to hire them. But the early Italian tribes ... ? I don't think so, but i'm not an expert for this early timeframe for Italy and its border-regions .
    The recruitment of foreign troops will be allowed only to those factions which actually used them.

I mean Carthage, Syracusae, the Italiotae (the Greeks of southern Italy) and the Etruscans.

PAENINSULA ITALICA project creator

Lord Rahl's Avatar Behold the Beard
    Content Emeritus

Ssssssshaweet!

I gotta get RTW back on my computer so I can get this mod!

Patron of: Ó Cathasaigh, Major. Stupidity, Kscott, Major König, Nationalist_Cause, Kleos, Rush Limbaugh, General_Curtis_LeMay, and NIKO_TWOW.RU | Patronized by: MadBurgerMaker
    Opifex, Civitate, ex-CdeC, Ex-Urbanis Legio, Ex-Quaestor, Ex-Helios Editor, Sig God, Skin Creator & Badge Forger
    I may be back... | @BeardedRiker

Thanks a lot for so warm encuragements.
    I'm really glad that our mod still has so many supporters.

Saint-Germain's Avatar Comte

You bet it does!

Please make it come out soon...
    né Menander
    Under the covetous wing of Ozymandias
    Patronizing my favourite (not so) little guy, Turbo

"With this weather, it might as well be Thursday..."

Nice work! Congratulations! Tough I do not understand Poeni faction without Carthage, I understand why you did it but it still sounds strange, just a bit more than the participation of Iberians in Poeni armies in that period.

Quote Originally Posted by Lećo magno
    Nice work! Congratulations! Tough I do not understand Poeni faction without Carthage, I understand why you did it but it still sounds strange, just a bit more than the participation of Iberians in Poeni armies in that period.
    The Iberians fought actually as mercenaries in most early Carthaginian armies but in rather small numbers, recruited by the the Phoenician colonies on the Iberian coast; Iberian troops are reported in Sicily during the wars of the 4th century BC, although the majority of Carthaginian mercenaries were African, Ligurian, Sardinian, Etruscan and Campanian. later the Iberians were recruited in very large numbers, when Carthage's direct dominion in Spain was enlarged after the first Punic war.
    Last edited by Luciano B; September 08, 2006 at 05:51 PM.

Demokritos's Avatar Domesticus

I concur in the acclaim for this mod: the artistic work is simply amazing! Some talent there! You guys really knows how to build up an anticipation for the release of your game!

Just one Q: are the Punic noble heavy infantry and cavalry to be understood as their historical Sacred Band units?
    GNOTHI SEAUTON (Know Thyself) - precept inscribed in the forecourt of the Temple of Apollo at Delphi, Greece
    MEDEN AGAN (Nothing To Excess) - another precept inscribed in the aforementioned place

Quote Originally Posted by Demokritus
    I concur in the acclaim for this mod: the artistic work is simply amazing! Some talent there! You guys really knows how to build up an anticipation for the release of your game!

Just one Q: are the Punic noble heavy infantry and cavalry to be understood as their historical Sacred Band units?
    Thanks a lot Demokritus.

About the Punic noble infantry and cavalry, they eventually formed the so called "sacred band", but since this formation is mentioned referring only to some particular historical events, we use a more generic definition.

Default Re: Preview N.2

High quality units..
    Love those horns and other things on the helmets
    Kill a few men and you're a murderer,
    kill a million and you're a conquerer.

Default Re: Preview N.3

Great, those Rhaeti guys look like they can break Roman skulls with bare hands
    Kill a few men and you're a murderer,
    kill a million and you're a conquerer.

Pontifexus Maximus's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: Preview N.1

A piece of advice for an etruscan settlement : Veii(Etruscan town, about 30 km north-west form Rome) was an important settlement during Roman-Etruscan struggles.

Edit : My appology! I haven't noticed, when the timeline of this mod begins. Veii, was destroyed by Camillus in 396 BC
    Last edited by Pontifexus Maximus; February 22, 2007 at 03:09 AM.

...no problem, don't worry

We consolidated the territory of Veii with the one of Caerae, with the latter town as the "capital" of the Roman-controlled Etruria.

Hister's Avatar Domesticus

Hi Luciano B, glad to see you back on forum! I volunteered to help your team the best way I can. See thread "Wanna help us?"
    PROUD MEMBER OF PAENINSULA ITALICA TEAM

For M2TW PI forum click here.
    For RTW PI forum click here.

megaflus's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Factions Previews - consolidated

aaahhhhh!!!!!! I want this mod now, looking great can't wait to play it. can someone say approximatly how long time it will take for a realise