Thread: Details about a Roleplaying Event :)

mp84's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Details about a Roleplaying Event :)

Hey Everyone,

A Major "Roleplaying" Event is in the works by our wonderful PoP community that kind of fills the gap between what happened just after you united Pendor in PoP 3.xx up to what's going to be taking place in PoP 4.0. There will be some PoP Dev Team involvement but majority of this will be community driven.

You can check out all the details about this here

So if writing is your niche, this could be a great opportunity to entertain yourself in the fascinating world that is Prophesy of Pendor, and who knows, if the RP Lore is really good, we may even consider using it as canon for PoP 4 Legacy

Master Sticky List for All RP Events:
    Event #1 -- The Power Struggle in the North

MP
    Last edited by mp84; August 17, 2011 at 01:00 PM.

Default Re: Details about a Roleplaying Event :)

I think I'll give it a shot.

mp84's Avatar Ordinarius

Feel free to sign up over there..

I'm naturally trying to get everyone to use both boards.., so we'll see what happens..

As this board could prime for RP discussion for each Knighthood Orders.

That would be awesome. Is it possible to have sub-forums over here that are password protected? So we can discuss things? and how do I get a sig over here, can't find it in the options.

I think Diablodude is looking into options, Thrannduil. And I believe you need 25 posts before you can get a signature.
    Let's Plays; https://www.youtube.com/MordredViking
    Prophesy of Pendor : Senior Designer
    "History will be kind to me, for I intend to write it"

Ah. May I make a spam post, or will i get auto-muted or something?

I wouldn't recommend deliberately spamming. However in these two section you can rack up posts pretty quick.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=60

There have been password protected forums in the past I know. However with the RP game going you want to make sure it's going to be centralized either here or there.

dowdpride's Avatar Decanus

join the knights of the eventide!

No! join the knigths of the radiant cross, they have 0 members right now (not that they are really all that important or anything)

I might get MitchyMatt to remove them actually and do their interactions myself. Most of their actions would be from a distance anyway, and this way I can control what people know without entrusting some really important lore (which would be a major spoiler) to people before we launch PoP4.

mp84's Avatar Ordinarius

and they've been removed already for this event as an FYI for everyone.

So far it's shaping awesome, I'll keep direct links up on the first page of this thread for those curious on reading what's going on..

Mighty impressive stuff so far... As for the Password Protected sub-forum stuff, it will be very difficult to get that kind of stuff on this forum, having sub-forums uses a lot of resources from what the admins tell me here, and to make a sub-forum for just an RP Knighthood Order is not really viable, and highly doubt they would approve something like that anyway.

However, there are other ways to get yourself setup, and I think you guys have already gone that route of course.

I know that the Griffins, Eventide and Silvermists have set up forums for their respective Orders.

Well, anyone reading this from TWC not already in the RP: Join! You don't have to have a really complex backstory, a simple one is fine (not discouraging large ones by any means, just don't be afraid to be called a n00b, we're nicer than that ), and the RP is getting along really well. Join now and help shape the history/future of Pendor!

shikaka's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Thrannduil View Post
    Well, anyone reading this from TWC not already in the RP: Join! You don't have to have a really complex backstory, a simple one is fine (not discouraging large ones by any means, just don't be afraid to be called a n00b, we're nicer than that ), and the RP is getting along really well. Join now and help shape the history/future of Pendor!

None of my character ideas are knightly

A 'smiling' monk who loves children, with a shady past (it is suspicious that he can defeat bandit groups in a worn robe and with a staff!), who gives away all his money because he has an oath not to have any more posessions then absolutely necessery (the robe, the staff, some boots, and a cup to collect pittance when needed)

Or a foreigner lady, who had is already a widow. Back in her own culture women who are widows are no longer of any use, so they either have to leave to a place where only widows or mentally ill people live (island of the dead), or she has to leave for good. She choose the latter and is looking for a men who is willing to share life, but is willing to do it without marriage

Or austere/ascetic teacher, who forced a lord to stop working on a canal with a 400 days long hunger strike, and left his home in search of a worthy student who he can teach, or maybe a new aim to work for. (No real combat skills except for 10 iron skins, but lots of support: training, surgery, etc.)

If you want, you could be a trainer or something in an order if you want.

ah noone posted yet on RP :/

Hmm?

mp84's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroFighterR View Post
    ah noone posted yet on RP :/
    Ya little confused by that, the RP is alive and kicking over on other boards, 12 pages deep, and already had a very nice appearance from a familiar PoP 3.xx companion character..

So coming along very nicely, link is up on the first page of this thread if anyone wishes to read it.

Join the anybody but Eventides. They have so many people its rediculous compared to the rest. I guess that just shows the kind of people who like to play PoP and RP. But seriously, the Shadow legion and KOTD need a bunch more members, and the griffons and silvermists wouldn't mind a few more.
    heres the stats:
    Griffons: 3
    Silvermists: 4
    Shadow Legion: 1
    Dawn: 1
    Ebony Gauntlet: 4
    Eventide: 5 and 1 trying to get in at least

SO you can see that there is a major lack of players in some orders.
    Last edited by Thrannduil; August 17, 2011 at 09:23 PM.

Bumping this up for I would like to see some members from Taleworlds come and join us on the roleplay! I was asked if not nudged to bring it here but MP has a post already. So anyone is welcome!