Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your Favorite Faction

Turkeys!'s Avatar Praepositus

Default Your Favorite Faction

What is everyones favorite faction in PoP? Personally, I like Sarleon because of the heavy cavalry and the longbowmen!
    Like Neverwinter Nights? Wondering where to go now that the old NWN Vault is gone? Come visit the new one at http://neverwintervault.org/!

Default Re: Your Favorite Faction

The Empire, I just love my heavy infantry armies.
    Let's Plays; https://www.youtube.com/MordredViking
    Prophesy of Pendor : Senior Designer
    "History will be kind to me, for I intend to write it"

mp84's Avatar Ordinarius

Empire fan myself as well

Empire Immortals (one of the Knighthood Orders that the Empire can field) and Empire Crossbowman are deadly combination..

Their only real weakness is lack of good Horse Units, as the Empire Knights are not to bad, but there's better out there.

Ravenstern for sure. Like the Knights, Kierguards, and Rangers with the Order of the Dragon and the Order of the Raven Spear makes them damn dangerous.

dowdpride's Avatar Decanus

im a fan of pendor. cheap units and archers like machineguns

shikaka's Avatar Domesticus

Sarleon:
    Very generic knight culture, with an underdeveloped troop tree, which only allows you to 'zerg' OR cavalry charge everyone. Nope.

D'Shar:
    Troops are fine as of stats, but I don't like their items. Especially their armor looks strange...

Fierdswines:
    vanilla nords really, nothing interesting.

Empire:
    Interesting troops, but I don't like their items. I think they would be my favourite if their armor was more believeable.

So, compared to the rest, I would say that Ravenstern is my favourite. Mainly because of the items they use, I especially like their scotsman style. Also, their Ranger and non-noble cavalry are really useful units.

I used to be a huge empire fan but legionnaires can die quite quickly and crossbowmen arent tops in the field.

i made the favored switch to ravenstern and enjoy them immensely.

Ravenstern, nothing can beat the Northern Kingdom! Their arrows are deadly and their soldiers are strong!

Sarleon, I love their lords in my kingdom especially the one with pendor greys

I love the Empire for the crossbows defended by heavy infantry... Though I have had problems getting into position before the D'shar cavalry rush me. It's always nice when your allies sacrifice their cavalry to delay them.

Pendor, as I love turning their knights into Silvermist Rangers and Knights of the Griffon. and they are cheap and easy to mass produce as decent castle garrisons.

Pendor

Hmm, don't have a favourite faction because i always find flaws or things i don't like+my army is always mixed with different troops
    I would say Ravenstern if i had to chose but they are too popular for my taste, and overpowered their lords seem weak compared to other cultures.

Mettenheim all the way! Also Vanskerry. I just love having a force of 60 Vanskerry warriors open fire on the enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by J.Philp View Post
    Mettenheim all the way! Also Vanskerry. I just love having a force of 60 Vanskerry warriors open fire on the enemy.
    Man after my own heart!

You should try playing the game "Mettenheim Style", this basically means that you may only use infantry in battle (if you do get some cavalry, Adventurers for instance then you MUST issue a dismount order at the start of the fight). This makes tactics vitally important, and you will need to balance being a general with being a soldier.
    Let's Plays; https://www.youtube.com/MordredViking
    Prophesy of Pendor : Senior Designer
    "History will be kind to me, for I intend to write it"

Fierdsvain rush all the way.

Pendor. Noone uses them in any considerable number, so it's the only way to really distinguish your realm from anyone else. Only bad part are the rather underwhelming standard troops with their lack of heavy and/or heraldic armour, though the noble troops are really good imho.

If joining another realm, I'd take Ravenstern. Really nice and flexible unit roster and unique cultural look.

I keep getting invited to pop in here to say Hi, so I thought I'd better get around to doing it eventually.... But yeah, my favourite faction would probably have to be Sarleon; there's just something awe inspiring about seeing the Longbowmen raining death down upon the bad guys before ordering the mounted knights to charge.

Well hello.

penquin11's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by Turkeys! View Post
    What is everyones favorite faction in PoP? Personally, I like Sarleon because of the heavy cavalry and the longbowmen!
    You are a brave soul brother, I like Sarleon as well, but its because they are just hilarious to play as if you watch the casualty bar.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast