Page 15 of 231 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718192021222324254065115 ... LastLast

Thread: Modding the Ptolemies, Armenians, Legions, Greeks, Seleucids etc ...

so u guys what do you think the best possible solution is to get all of ferres models/textures to work again?

<<<English Pride>>>

ajimenez3's Avatar Ducenarius

Got back from Lunch. I was home and started a custom game with 8 custom made units that I have gotten off this forum and all work just fine with no problems. Maybe a problem in Campaign?

Now I do not know if it is the new files that the patch installs that is cuaseing the problem or the fact that I just copied the unit files from my SPQR game and replaced the patch files. (made back up of course).

When I get off work I will try adding my custom units to the files that the patch adds and see if I get the same results as everyone is getting.

Semper Fi
    I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them.
    John Bernard Books

Proud Member of the TWC Plebians/Peasants

Skins would be less of an issue. The problem is with the cas models. If you can get Agrippa&#39;s models to work, the others should also work since all of them are based on Agrippa&#39;s models.

I&#39;ve read somewhere about multiple mod implementation with the new patch. Perhaps something like mod specific folders.

Well, we&#39;ll just have to wait &#39;til the dust settles.

PS; has anyone who is using my mod gotten it to work with RTW patch 1.2. If so please tell us about it.

Yeah, with only implented legionary_ii by ferres my game keeps ctd after the end of a custom battle- Congratulations, the patch is useless for me. I can&#39;t play with it and I can&#39;t play without it. Conclusion: No rtw in the next time. This is so great..... on_6.gif
    [QUOTE]

Actually I have boucht a new computer , a very powerfull one , the same day comes out the patch and I install together with all my models , with my great surprise they worked all but one .... the one that I worked upon the original agrippa model .... something wrong may be has been generated when modding with this stuff.... a experimentation is needed and I am available to help in this situation to discover whats wrong , all my models work , but they wherent based on the agrippa ones , while instead the only one or the few ones i remade out of it keeps the game crushing to descktop when looking at the unit in the battle ....

------CONAN TRAILER--------
    RomeII Realistic Heights mod
    Arcani
    I S S G A R D
    Creator of Ran no Jidai mod
    Creator of Res Gestae
    Original Creator of severall add ons on RTW from grass to textures and Roman Legions
    Oblivion Modder- DUNE creator
    Fallout 3 Modder
    2005-2006 Best modder , skinner , modeler awards winner.
    actually modding skyrim [/SIZE]

Odd patch.:mad

Agrippa&#39;s models worked fine from vanilla to 1.1. Why would they apply a limitation with the rescent patch.

Oh, well this gives me a good excuse to stop working on mods for a while. :p

Hey, Prometheus.

Does patch 1.2 improve the overall performance of the game in massive battles? Less lag?

Originally posted by ajimenez3@Feb 4 2005, 01:36 PM
    Got back from Lunch. I was home and started a custom game with 8 custom made units that I have gotten off this forum and all work just fine with no problems. Maybe a problem in Campaign?

Now I do not know if it is the new files that the patch installs that is cuaseing the problem or the fact that I just copied the unit files from my SPQR game and replaced the patch files. (made back up of course).

When I get off work I will try adding my custom units to the files that the patch adds and see if I get the same results as everyone is getting.

Semper Fi
    Were you able to get my mod to work?

Curious.

GODzilla's Avatar Civitate

True true true....sad sad sad. Ferres, your skins were always special, but this time this has no good meaning *gg* :. I just applied all my custom skins (no new units so far, maybe tomorrow) and all are working. Except the ones from you. But as allready mentioned the reason seems to be agrippas model. Mhm.....I&#39;ll donate 5¤ for the first one who finds out what is wrong with this model. Really&#33;&#33;
    GODzilla(TM)
    son of the family of Wilpuri under the patronage of makanyane

Got home about 30 minutes ago. Played two custom battles. After the first one quit the game and then reloaded the game and fought the second one. No problems. Used your skins for the light auxillia, Early Legionary Cohort, Infantry Auxillary Cohort and a variation of your Guard Archer unit that I made into a Roman Horse Archer unit.

Will try and use your other skins test.

Semper Fi
    I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them.
    John Bernard Books

Yhea something is wrong with the Late Legionary skins. All others test fine but those will CTD leaving a battle for me.

Sorry. At least the other skins seem to work fine.

Semper Fi
    John Bernard Books

Ouch. This hurts.

Ferres Legionary II skin was of course my favorite, because he bothered to create them in the three original Roman faction colours, and his skins in general, happened to be amazingly well done, as an extraordinary super bonus.

It is not easy to make a compilation of skins with the original colour schemes, since they went out of fashion somehow. :grin

Back to the original artwork then. Happy, happy. Joy, joy. :sad

---
    ---
    Ars longa, vita brevis.

No no&#33; :angry

All of old custým skins will collapse huh&#33; I dont want believe. I spend my months to collect, blend. adept and for testing for a better looking RTW. Then CA makes a patch my works, your works communities efforts go to thrash? :angry

Please fellas say it was a bad joke.

i IPOTIZE THAT THE RUM FILES HAVE TO BE SOMEWHAT CLOSE TO THE cas file , the Agrippa&#39;s modified meshes may be differed too much , or just more enveloping skinning applied , that went far from the normal original model moddings , the problem is this rum file, probably Ca placed to fix many issues , may be has something related to the animations , but all this is mere speculation untill someone can crack it and open it.....as seems that CA won&#39;t explain us anything....

------CONAN TRAILER--------
    RomeII Realistic Heights mod
    Arcani
    I S S G A R D
    Creator of Ran no Jidai mod
    Creator of Res Gestae
    Original Creator of severall add ons on RTW from grass to textures and Roman Legions
    Oblivion Modder- DUNE creator
    Fallout 3 Modder
    2005-2006 Best modder , skinner , modeler awards winner.
    actually modding skyrim [/SIZE]

This is AWFUL :sad

Ferres&#39; are the best Roman skins anywhere.... :crying

Does anyone have a consolidated list of the units that work?

I tried to reload all my skins after patching last nght, CTD.... :wack

I can&#39;t stand looking at those vanilla Roman colours...I feel like I&#39;m watching Hanna-Barbara cartoons

:sad :sad :sad
    -Attalus-
    Fool me once...shame on you
    Fool me twice...prepare to die

MAXIMVS's Avatar Libertus

Yes, as you say Ferres skins don&#39;t seem work with 1.2 :crying

I find my Augustinian skins still work though. :rolleyes

It must be the meshes.

Having been so impressed with Ferres work, I set to and altered all the units he had not re-skinned by copying the appropriate Ferres shield, etc onto the original .tga files, then re-coloured the tunics etc. to a more realistic worn/faded shade (not the bright blue - Scipio or bright red - Julii). I saved these with a suitably altered name and then altered the desc_unit_battle_text of course, to find the new files. These looked good with Ferres units. :rolleyes

I expect these will still work as they use the original .cas files. But guess who didn&#39;t backup&#33; But it won&#39;t take that long to put them back in (but it will take time to test&#33.

We do need to get to the bottom of this problem, Ferres work is far to good to lose&#33; :sad

Originally posted by MAXIMVS@Feb 5 2005, 04:54 AM
    Yes, as you say Ferres skins don&#39;t seem work with 1.2 :crying

I find my Augustinian skins still work though. :rolleyes

It must be the meshes.

Having been so impressed with Ferres work, I set to and altered all the units he had not re-skinned by copying the appropriate Ferres shield, etc onto the original .tga files, then re-coloured the tunics etc. to a more realistic worn/faded shade (not the bright blue - Scipio or bright red - Julii). I saved these with a suitably altered name and then altered the desc_unit_battle_text of course, to find the new files. These looked good with Ferres units. :rolleyes

I expect these will still work as they use the original .cas files. But guess who didn&#39;t backup&#33; But it won&#39;t take that long to put them back in (but it will take time to test&#33.

We do need to get to the bottom of this problem, Ferres work is far to good to lose&#33; :sad
    Thanks for the kind words guys. It would be very sad if this issue is not resolved in the end.

This is strange if the Augustinians units would work but not the others, since this is still based on the Agrippa mod. Guard Archers should have similar issues as well. There are no mesh different between the Augustianians and Legionary II&#39;s. The Agrippa pauldrons are still there, they&#39;re only moved inside the body to hide them. :wack

How about the Praetorians and Urbans? Anyluck with those guys?

Originally posted by ajimenez3@Feb 4 2005, 06:56 PM
    Got home about 30 minutes ago. Played two custom battles. After the first one quit the game and then reloaded the game and fought the second one. No problems. Used your skins for the light auxillia, Early Legionary Cohort, Infantry Auxillary Cohort and a variation of your Guard Archer unit that I made into a Roman Horse Archer unit.

Semper Fi
    You mean only the Late Legionaries won&#39;t work. If this is true then it is not specific to the model but something else entirely.
    :8

Has anyone tried using them as totally new units; meaning, creating new entries for it. Perhaps the late legionary has a related &#39;event&#39; or documentation that is unfriendly to modding. I remember that if you open the vanilla legions you&#39;ll notice missing pauldrons. With the patch they seem to be back.

:blush I haven&#39;t tried the patch yet myself. Sorry.

GODzilla's Avatar Civitate

Originally posted by ferres+Feb 5 2005, 12:50 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td> (ferres &#064; Feb 5 2005, 12:50 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ajimenez3@Feb 4 2005, 06:56 PM

Semper Fi
    You mean only the Late Legionaries won&#39;t work. If this is true then it is not specific to the model but something else entirely.
    :8

Has anyone tried using them as totally new units; meaning, creating new entries for it. Perhaps the late legionary has a related &#39;event&#39; or documentation that is unfriendly to modding. [/b][/quote]
    I will try this NOW&#33; Be back in 5min...

back&#33; OMG.....it works, but I gut a HUUUUUGE glitch with this.....I really don&#39;t know what the hel it is, see yourself: WHAT THE :wub:

This is crazy, this THING moves the same way the soldiers are moving. For instance when they sitting still, some of them move (head, or weapon arm) and then this thing moves along. It seems to be related to their movement in some way. Argh :wack
    GODzilla(TM)
    son of the family of Wilpuri under the patronage of makanyane

Lol&#33; :wack
    That is too weird. How about fiddling with video settings?

Here is one screenshot of your Late Legionaries. I can start a battle just fine with them and even complete the battle but either during or after the battle is over it CTD.

Semper Fi
    John Bernard Books

Here is one of the Guard Archers.

Semper Fi
    John Bernard Books