Thread: Question about Faction Accents

Default Question about Faction Accents

Does the Jerusalem faction still use the French accent? I tried BC for MTW and I liked it but hearing the KoJ saying for France etc really annoyed me. I was just wandering if the accent was updated to the Kingdoms Jerusalem accent in the port to Kingdoms???
    Last edited by chris7ian; June 09, 2011 at 06:21 PM.
    Oh, for Heaven's sake, now you're being deliberately stupid.
    Dr. Sheldon Cooper
    Wudang why did you close the thread? Because you can't find a source refuting mine? LoL how's the quest to ban me going?

wudang_clown's Avatar Fire Is Inspirational

Default Re: Question about Faction Accents

Ah, I don't think I did it.

Thanks for the tip, I'll update it in the fix patch.

Under the patronage of m_1512

ehrm, the KOJ accent in kingdoms is English from vanilla , the french accent fits better to KOJ IMO.

panzer 4's Avatar Domesticus

i thought the KOJ was a mixture of nations at the time covering all of Christendom from the Slavs to the Anglo-Saxons... but the king was french so....
    The US will gladly step up to become the world police when there is oil involved, yet they will resign the second there is a genocide in Africa, a slaughter in an allied nation, or a massacre committed by dictators, all who's nations have nothing to offer, but the gratitude of the people to the international community for reaching out.

Dago Red's Avatar Primicerius
    "Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war" ~John Adams

French fits better, there were hardly any English Crusaders until the 3rd Crusade or so.

Quote Originally Posted by panzer 4 View Post
    i thought the KOJ was a mixture of nations at the time covering all of Christendom from the Slavs to the Anglo-Saxons... but the king was french so....
    Not quite all of Christendom. The majority came from many regions from within what we now call France and Italy with some Germans and a very strong Norman-Italian presence. Then it grew. The Pope was French.

Humakty's Avatar Tiro

Some voices in Latin would be better I think, just not to piss off anyone, after all most catholic countries/ethnies of that time ended up with some representation there. And as Latin is catholic church oficial language it would maybe fit. (it was also the main trade language in Europe for a long time)
    Ten times more numerous, by night and backstabbing.

Senior member of the G.L.I.N..

Antioch has French without the French references. Thanks for reminding me. However Godefroy was from Lorraine and was a Lord of the HRE. Maybe German accent would fit best, since most of the KoJ royals were HRE nobles. From Godefroy to Baudouin I to Frederick II to Conrad etc. But Antioch is fine for me since most crusaders were Franks and Normans.

I'm no modder but I think all family members and generals have to have similar accent. But I know the various units don't. In SS 6.3 the crusaders have the edited French accent and the canons of the Holy Sepulchre have German accents.
    Last edited by chris7ian; June 09, 2011 at 06:20 PM.
    Oh, for Heaven's sake, now you're being deliberately stupid.
    Dr. Sheldon Cooper
    Wudang why did you close the thread? Because you can't find a source refuting mine? LoL how's the quest to ban me going?

Quote Originally Posted by Humakty View Post
    just not to piss off anyone
    This is impossible to achieve, as there is always someone who doesn't like this or that. You can't help it.

As for accents, as chris7ian says, Antioch characters have French accent. And units have their accents set accordingly to their supposed nationality. I'm not sure whether there are no mistakes, though.

I always have to disable speech when playing as the koj... something new would be welcome

Hi guys,...I know this thread has been dead for awhile now, but I just wanted to comment. I too get annoyed with KOJ troops saying "for France". I think the Antioch accent would be the best,....I'm guessing the next patch is a world away so how can we change the current accent to the Kingdoms Antioch accent...? Is it as easy as copying entries from the crusades descr_sound files into the BC ones...? Something tells me no

You're more likely to get an answer to things like this in the Mod Workshop.

Quote Originally Posted by k/t View Post
    You're more likely to get an answer to things like this in the Mod Workshop.
    Yup, I found some solutions there and I have implemented them .

cenkiss's Avatar Domesticus

Does not french actually fit them?

Yeah but, I didn't like how KOJ troops were saying "For France" all the time lol.

You could add the french voices for KOJ, all their leaders were french or norman. The french version of Antioch accent could be interesting.

If you really wanted, I could say the unit names of the Ghorid's in Pashto itself. Pashtun language (indigenous afghans in eastern Afghanistan and Western Pakistan in and around the Hindu Kush)

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Life's no life when honor's left
    Man's a man when honor's kept.
    Nation's honor and nation's fame
    On life they have a prior claim.

With thoughts of these I do remain
    Unvexed with cares of loss or gain.
    -Khushal Khan Khattak Pashtun Poet, Nationalist, and Resistance Fighter

Do it!

Juste one advice: the unit "Nuristani (tribesmen)" name is inapropriate:
    Nuristan is called so since 19th century. (Nur means light in arabic)
    the rightfull name of this province is Kafiristan (because a lot of his inhabitants remain pagan until the 19th century).
    So "afghan tribesmen" or anything else would be more accurate.

I think autonyms would be best choice, as kafir is Islamocentric notion. Christians were also kafirs, but they are not called so in BC. So, yeah, "Afghan" or "Pashtun" would be appropriate.