Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Shogun 2 Realism + (S2R+) | Update v3.0 - 25th October 2013

Hilarion's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: Shogun 2 Realism + (S2R+) | Extended S2R [Relaunch, v2.91]

Why doesn't this mod have its own forum yet?

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Quote Originally Posted by Hilarion View Post
    Why doesn't this mod have its own forum yet?
    I have, just not on twc, but on org.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Hey, first of all, this mod appears to be nearly everything I've dreamed of! I only played a few turns so far to see if I did it right, and I seem to remember reading that all spear units have the spear wall ability now, though I can't find which page. Is this true? And if so, does it need to be unlocked? Because my yari samurai definitely did not have it...

EDIT: Also, yari diversity mod? Is that included or would it conflict with this one? Sorry, I didn't have time to check in-game. Thanks!
    Last edited by diecinque; October 23, 2011 at 06:39 PM.

Patrician Artifex

All Yari Ashigaru types have pikewall ability in this mod.
    No, Yari Samurai have not (not in vanilla, iirc., and not in this mod), Samurai didn't fight in this formation, but alone Ashigaru.
    Naginata units do not have that at all in this mod, as this weapon wasn't a pikewall (or spearwall) weapon, correctly depicted in vanilla as well.

A yari model changing mod might work properly, can't say with certainty (because i didn't try it).
    Last edited by DaVinci; October 23, 2011 at 07:23 PM.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Icon7 Re: Shogun 2 Realism + (S2R+) | Extended S2R [Relaunch, v2.91]

Been playing your mods for some time now and i must say this adaptation of the game is fantastic.
    All issues i had with it (i,e high losses and difficulty with autoresolve, only allowing for one master dojo, ect..) were all either adressed by you in response or on the forum.
    I've clocked have many hours playing total war games since the beginning (shogun 1), and this is truly the best total war ive played of all mods and games.
    I know its been said but thanks for all your time and effort with this mod, and thanks to the team who put in (im sure) countless hours too.
    Cant wait for the next installment

First of all, many thanks for all the hard work compiling a great mod. I've recently finished building my new rig, (see specs below), with the main objective of installing Shogun2. I picked you mod (v2.91) to use and have been playing now for a few days. The game plays very well, with fast FPS, and I like you mod. Together with yours I am also using the following mods:- ACC_31d_banners; Alternative_clan_colours_31d; Sengoku_Unit_cards; lessgloss; hororemoval; OdaTokugawa+monthlyturn+1640ec; toons_Battle_UI.
    These all seem to work well with yours, apart from one minor thing. A very few of the unit cards show a blank white square when right-mouse clicking on them. These seem to be the cards that Sengoku_Unit_cards has not coloured. Is this likely to be a fault of the Sengoku Unit Cards mod, or your own? (All cards show the black unit info rectangle when the mouse cursor is hovered over them).
    One slightly more annoying thing about the game in general is the very small fonts. My eye sight is perfect, but I have great difficulty in reading a lot of the printing in game. Changing the resolution doesn't seem to make any difference. Is there any way to slightly increase the size of the fonts, or is this hard coded?
    But these are only minor queries. As I said, I'm enjoying playing the game with your mod, DaVinci, and I'm looking forward to your next update.
    Many thanks for any answers you may offer.
    Win10 64bit
    Intel Core i7 3770K/3.5 GHz.
    Asus P8Z77-V Pro
    Corsair PC1333 16 Gb
    Asus GeForce GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5

"Now Maitland, now's your time!
    Stand up Guards!
    Make ready,
    Fire!"

Hister's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by totalwarfan. View Post
    Been playing your mods for some time now and i must say this adaptation of the game is fantastic.
    All issues i had with it (i,e high losses and difficulty with autoresolve, only allowing for one master dojo, ect..) were all either adressed by you in response or on the forum.
    I've clocked have many hours playing total war games since the beginning (shogun 1), and this is truly the best total war ive played of all mods and games.
    I know its been said but thanks for all your time and effort with this mod, and thanks to the team who put in (im sure) countless hours too.
    Cant wait for the next installment
    Thank you, DV will be really happy to read this.

Uh oh and congratz for your first post!
    PROUD MEMBER OF PAENINSULA ITALICA TEAM

For M2TW PI forum click here.
    For RTW PI forum click here.

@rbbane:

You are not supposed to post 2 exactly the same posts at the same time. Only do so if the first one doesn't get answered.
    In your case answers on your questions are posted in the other (.org) forum.

Many apologies, Hister. I wasn't sure who would read the posts on which site.
    Win10 64bit
    Intel Core i7 3770K/3.5 GHz.
    Asus P8Z77-V Pro
    Corsair PC1333 16 Gb
    Asus GeForce GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5

"Now Maitland, now's your time!
    Stand up Guards!
    Make ready,
    Fire!"

No biggy, now you know. Go enjoy the mod

Patrician Artifex

Default Re: Shogun 2 Realism + (S2R+) | Extended S2R [Relaunch, v2.96]

Update version 2.96 uploaded.

[Last open beta prior to final v3.0]

Last edited by DaVinci; October 31, 2011 at 01:02 PM.

Patrician Artifex

Default Re: Shogun 2 Realism + (S2R+) | Extended S2R [Relaunch, v2.96.1]

Just uploaded v2.96.1 (as quick patch/balancing), see changelog.
    Last edited by DaVinci; October 31, 2011 at 02:06 PM.

Patrician Artifex

Default Re: Shogun 2 Realism + (S2R+) | Extended S2R [Relaunch, v2.96.2]

Slight update, v2.96.2 uploaded.

Patrician Artifex

Default Re: Shogun 2 Realism + (S2R+) | Extended S2R [Relaunch, v2.96.3]

Slight update, v2.96.3 uploaded.

Just decided to make all upcoming updates until final v3.0 as open betas, equal how small they are (requirement for an updated version is though, that the alteration has potencial for a changed gameplay, even if it might be small).
    The changelog always describes the alterations.
    Last edited by DaVinci; November 04, 2011 at 05:04 AM.

Patrician Artifex

Short notification:

Doing a break from S2R+/TWS2 modding.
    Updating (making the final S2R+ 3.0 version) will start again when CA has put out its next big patch, and ie. including a further DLC for the Grand Campaign.

DeMolay's Avatar Senator

Just wanted to say a big thank you for your dedication in this mod , i was really happy to play one campaign with it , honestly , i found almost everything you done with it fantastic

However i wanted to ask you a question (about generals ) , because there is only one thing i have problems with in your mod , perhaps it will sound like a criticism , but that is about the ashigaru morale feature :
    Somehow ,i noticed that generals have tremendous effect on ashigarus , i noticed last time , i had an army much better than my opponent ( my ashis , had experience + high armour ratings , my general was 2 stars , the enemy general had one star ) and slight numerical superiority , however the enemy army had 5 generals in it , i had only 1 , but then when his army charged mine ( i was defending ) , before even making contact with my troops , all my army routed without a fight !

Now , it was a big surprise for me , as if my ashigaru taishos were bribed before the battle , but somehow i didn't understand why i lost that ( so i suspect it's the generals ) , so my question is : do Generals have such a negative morale impact on troops in the mod ? Last time also during a siege , i had huge advantage in everything except the general stars (Takeda Shingen 6 stars was assaulting Sunpu castle , my general was 2 stars ) , but then when his troops (samurais and bow samurais ) approached my walls , All my ashigarus ( units of 300 men , i was Hojo ) fled before even fighting , they fled the castle , i was mad at them ! (lol)

The thing is , it's the only thing i found weird in the mod , on the other hand , the good thing is that it made me really unsure before every battle if i was going to win or not , before every battle now , i'm scared to death of my whole ashigaru first lines fleeing without fighting , also with your mod it is possible to make spectacular victories , the kind of Kawagoe/Okehazama/Okinawate type of battle where one side with much less men wins the day against the odds

So maybe it is important to have as many generals as possible in a full stack to avoid such mass routing ? Thanks for answer , i really like this mod , actually i'm more looking for advices to avoid such scenarios where quick routing occurs (often before the fight takes place ) , maybe my mistake was to not use enough generals in my stack ? or was it to put ashigarus in first line ? For the siege it was quite frustrating (but also funny / surprising ) to see my troops having a nervous breakdown and suddenly fleeing the castle , but everything else in your mod , the recruitment , the techs , the buildings etc... i love everything in it , so thanks a lot for this mod and the frequent updates Da Vinci , cheers

Ah yes, it happened to me also and I was doing a similar complaint to DV

The thing is you need to know how to use those peasants properly. They can ruin your ambitions pretty quickly if positioned wrong.

NEVER put any of them in the first line. They need to be used as backup/support units. They star to weaver when they see a blunt enemy charging their way especially if the enemy is the most elite unit there is aka the general's bodyguards. When they start running for their life the units behind them think the battle is lost and flee to. One more thing is that beware not to have too many of those poor sods in one stack since the effect of their routing can be devastating for the battle as you have experienced.

Deploy samurai units holding spears where you expec the enemy hourse charge to be. Chugen units are of no use for such a task.

DeMolay's Avatar Senator

Thank you Hister for answer and very useful advice , it is much appreciated , i will avoid making this mistake again

Patrician Artifex

As Hister says, yes, avoid to deploy the most weak Ashigaru types in 1st line, this is the "Chugen" unit, while some factions have useful Chugen units, just check their morale value, which can be used as 1st line for certain situations, but surely not to be the successful answer to Samurai opponents.

Nonetheless, Ashigaru types "progress" during the campaign to better units. Ie. the real "Ashigaru" are way better than "Chugen" in general, and also more numerous (unit number). Those are recruitable from on Encampment.

It has nothing to do with numbers of general-units in a stack, despite that general-units give morale support (radius related).

Btw. DeMolay, you as Sengoku history buff (i used quite some by you provided stuff/info of several threads) should know, that the real fight was done by Samurai class units, and first later by Ashigaru deployments, as they indeed were progressed to "soldiers". That thing is reflected in S2R+, the real "Ashigaru" should be able to hold a line without an instant rout. Until this unit is available, deploy "Chugen" in 2nd line, there they can be very useful, even to counter cavalry charges. But, i even can use those Chugen to charge at any kind of pendants and even mounted (Samurai-class) units or wrecked other Samurai class units.
    Last edited by DaVinci; November 11, 2011 at 05:11 AM.

Just got around to trying this (testing all the mods for shogun 2 to see which one I enjoy the most) and I have to say that you really have outdone yourself with this one, DaVinci. It's fantastic! I started playing as Shimazu (with the Radious Recolour Mod, Toon's UI Retexture and Campaign Lengthening Mod) and it has been my most immersive campaign yet.

I only have a few regions but you really have to think about your developments due to the Ikko rebel religion and the unit caps (finally samurai and archers are at a realistic level and there are some good early matchlocks). I'll continue playing and see how things go, since at the beginning after taking the first Ito region I offered them vassalage in exchange for peace just to see what they would do (usually no matter what they don't accept on hard mode, though I never play as Shimazu) and they accepted! I hope that doesn't deter me later on..
    Under the patronage of John I Tzimisces