Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Missing Sounds Fix

Default Re: Missing Sounds Fix

Still wont work for me... No sound, it's becomes kind of boring at time. Played it like a year or two before with no problems. Same comp and system. Now i instaled it again and don't know how to repair this no sound bug. 1.51 version.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Have you tried the virtual store fix? Follow this tutorial from step onward then at the end delete the medieval ii total war folder in the virtual store.

Well i give up after trying all solutions, recently i reinstall whole system. Now it works. Don't know what was the problem but nthg else worked for me.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Weird, maybe a bad MS update of a sound driver?

Don't know, i use Driver Booster 2,3. So it all should be up to date. Now it works, same windows, no changes in hardware or software.

Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    If you are having sound effects or voice bugs such as missing sounds or playing at the wrong time then this is the fix you are looking for. I will try to make this as straight forward as possible however if you do not read and pay attention then you will probably waste more time waiting for my reply than looking at the post yourself.
    now lets move on shall we?

before we go any further if you are wondering how to add your own music to CoW then just click my signature and follow the instructions there.

Now the solution for the missing sound effects and voices

before starting the fix you must download this: http://www.gamefront.com/files/20362...CE_DAT_IDX_zip
    and replace everything you have in the sounds folder with these 4 files in the .zip file

Step One
    download this into your sounds folder which is in your data folder.

Step Two
    right click the extract_sounds and select edit, then copy the text below inside of it, replacing everything.
    .\xidx.exe -x music voice sfx
    pause

Step Three
    run the extract_sounds and then there should be a new folder called "data" in your sounds folder. explore it and take out every file that can be found in its sounds folder, which should include Music, SFX and Voice.
    it should look like this (dont pay attention to the file size yours are probably different)

Note: these folders are the unpacked version of your .dat files

Step Four
    delete or move all of the .dat and .idx files out of the sounds folder

Step Five
    run the game and wait for the files to repack, if the game fails to repack at some point it will repack until the error point and then abandon repacking which causes people to have missing sounds. 99% of the time the repacking failure is because of descr_sounds_music because music is the first thing to be repacked and if you have made a mistake in that text file all of your remaining sounds, SFX and Voices will fail to repack and thus you get a voice.dat file with only 1 kb in it.

Done! if the game repacked properly then all of your sound issues should have been fixed!
    enjoy.

be sure to rep RabidSheepLegion & Pro Gloria et Patria for taking the time to upload the healthy sound files.
    This fix is compatible with Rage of Dark Gods 1.6.019 ??
    moreover, does it add the voices for the units of Kislev and Border Prince?
    Because I have this problem, all the units of Kislev, Border Prince, Norsca DO NOT have the voices. Thx u

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123