Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: BC 2.3 Problem reporting !!READ THE FIRST POST BEFORE REPORTING!!

Default Re: BC 2.3 Problem reporting !!READ THE FIRST POST BEFORE REPORTING!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless123 View Post
    HELP i started to play georgian campaing i had 15000 cash but expenss was 2500 even if did nothing i even dismissed majority of the army but the expenss was still huge is this kind of bug? if sin's can anyone help me cause i frequently lose money no matter what i do (sorry for english hope you understand)
    It is not a bug, your army upkeep is just pretty high, thanks to your generals.

Solution:
    Usually I never disband units, you shouldn't do that either. You have two armies standing around, use them to conquer both Yerevan and Ganja (= with a minor cavalry army, the rebels should rally out after your turn).
    Build merchant's wharfs in Sokhumi and Kutaisi and get a trade agreement with Byzanz -you have a diplomat standing around near Trebizond.
    And get some merchants, you can build 3.
    All this should happen during your first turn when you still have money.
    Life is a joke, and one day you gonna laugh yourself to death about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Moritol View Post
    Playing as the Eastern Roman Empire and I get a repeatable CTD when I try to defend Seleukeia.
    It happens both when I attack the besieging army with an army from outside and when I just wait for them to attack my settlement.

I am playing with RBBR and the No AoR submod by Soulblade, though I don't think it is relevant here.

I uploaded the savegame: Attachment 225612
    Quote Originally Posted by wudang_clown View Post
    It would be better if you attached BC log. I won't be able to recreate it, because you are using submods, and my installation is modified, so there may be other interference in play.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moritol View Post
    Here is the system log:

Attachment 226098

I think the problem has to do with one of the Armenian units. Every time I try to fight that army I get a CTD, doesn't matter which one of my armies I use. So maybe it is EDU problem, but I am not that experienced.

By the way, how can I refresh my system log? It ignores some of my M2-mods.
    I think I found the cause of my CTD. It occurs because of the Italian Merc Crossbow unit, you can recruit them in ports, but they are not available in custom battles and I can't find them in the EDU.
    I played custom battles with every other unit which was in this CTD army, all went smooth.

I know that I have a RC EDU, so can you please check if they are in your "vanilla" EDU? If it contains this unit, can you send me your EDU, so I can add them?
    If that unit is just a relic, I have to change the EDB and remove them from ports.
    Last edited by Moritol; July 06, 2012 at 02:58 PM.

wudang_clown's Avatar Fire Is Inspirational

Here's the EDU entry for Italian Mercenary Crossbowmen:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    ;! unitstart
    ;! calculate sec_attack_min_delay pri_attack_min_delay training discipline rank_number close_spacing_side close_spacing_frontback stat_heat soldier_mass soldier_number pri_charge_bonus sec_charge_bonus pri_attack_factor sec_attack_factor pri_missile_amount base_moral pri_defensive_skill ground_scrub ground_sand ground_forest ground_snow training_cost upkeep weapon_upgrade_cost armour_upgrade_cost custom_battle_cost
    ;! variable CLASSE:2 FACTION:GREEK MOUNTED:NONE ARMOUR:LIGHT WEAPONTYPE:XBOW
    type levy md crossbowmen
    dictionary levy_md_crossbowmen ; levy md crossbowmen
    category infantry
    class missile
    voice_type Light
    accent Mediterranean
    banner faction main_missile
    banner holy crusade
    soldier levy_md_crossbowmen, 60, 0, 0.80
    attributes no_custom, sea_faring, hide_forest, can_withdraw, crossbow
    formation 2, 3, 2.4, 2.4, 2, square
    stat_health 1, 0
    stat_pri 5, 1, bolt_l, 170, 12, missile, missile_mechanical, piercing, none, 25, 1
    stat_pri_attr no
    stat_sec 6, 1, no, 0, 0, melee, melee_blade, piercing, sword, 25, 1
    stat_sec_attr no
    stat_pri_armour 4, 4, 0, metal
    stat_sec_armour 0, 0, flesh
    stat_heat 0
    stat_ground 0, -2, 1, 0
    stat_mental 6, low, untrained
    stat_charge_dist 30
    stat_fire_delay 18
    stat_food 60, 300
    stat_cost 1, 205, 86, 89, 56, 205
    armour_ug_levels 2
    armour_ug_models levy_md_crossbowmen
    ownership southern_european, greek, france, slave
    ;! unitend

Under the patronage of m_1512

hi everyone I have one major problem in BC 2.3.2 when i am moving mouse cursor over unit card in battle there is no information about there numbers, morale and etc. anyone knows solution?

I also got crashes when trying to play a battle with the Italian Mercenary Crossbowmen. The log said the texture was missing. This was a clean 2.3.2.2 install.

TMK's Avatar BC Local Moderator

Have you searched for the texture? Is it there in your BC mod files?

@GIGABYTE: Explain further. Can you see white marks where the info is supposed to be or can you see nothing at all?

I reinstalled game and everything works perfect

I copied and pasted the missing Italian merc Crossbow files in my EDU, now I can't start the game anymore.

I can't find them in my EDB either, but it says that I can recruit Levy M. Crossbows (Polen = Armenia). As far as I know they exist in custom battles.
    Last edited by Moritol; July 15, 2012 at 01:12 PM.

Icon4 Re: BC 2.3 Problem reporting !!READ THE FIRST POST BEFORE REPORTING!!

• Name of your issue. My campaign crashes when loading.
    • Is CTD repeatable? Yes.
    • Did CTD occur during the d) can't start the game
    • What is you operating system? Windows 7.
    • What language version of the game do you have? English.
    • What year are you playing when CTD occurred? I guess 1204.
    • What faction do you play? Oman.
    • What faction is creating the CTD? N/A
    • Briefly describe the issue and add comments. Well, when I load my campaign, it start loading, but when it ends loading it crashes, and it tells me that there is an unspecific error, then the desktop.
    • Provide link to your log file after the issue has happened. http://www.sendspace.com/file/l92zg1
    • Provide Screenshot if applicable. It's just an error, no need for screenshot.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Note: I tried this :
    Remove the

[io]
    file_first = true

lines from the bc_kingdoms.cfg file.

didn't work.

What BC version do you have?

I think the latest one 2.3 with a patch hotfix

Is it 2.3 + 2.3.2 + 2.3.2.2?

EDIT:

Have you modified your BC installation?

Do your other saves work fine?
    Last edited by wudang_clown; September 04, 2012 at 11:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wudang_clown View Post
    Is it 2.3 + 2.3.2 + 2.3.2.2?

EDIT:

Have you modified your BC installation?

Do your other saves work fine?
    Yeah it's 2.3.2.2.

I'm using these two submods : "RR/RC for Broken Crescent" and "All scripts available for players - For BC players!".

I have 10 precious saves of the same campaign, and none of them is working. It's the only campaign I've been playing with this mod.

I didn't modify any of mod files since I started the campaign.

Another question (sorry for spamming them, but they come one at a time ): what years did you saved apart 1204?

ok something good happened just now. Some of the saves suddenly worked, like five of them. Fortunately for me, the latest one of them is in the year 1202, so not too far.
    However, and answering to your question, 6 of the saves didn't work(including the Auto-save), and I think that all of them that didn't work are in the year 1204, I'm not sure though.

Hmm, I would suspect old 4th crusade script bug if I wasn't sure I've fixed it.

I wonder, does anyone else still experience that old bug. If so, please anyone, report it here.

Other than that, you have plenty of other errors in the log.
    19:16:40.547 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Broken_Crescent_kingdoms/data/descr_engines.txt, at line 1377, column 28
    Stat_pri statistic refers to non-existant projectile type 'arrow'.
    19:16:40.547 [script.err] [trace] Skipping to the next engine type
    [...]
    19:16:42.817 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Broken_Crescent_kingdoms/data/descr_walls.txt, at line 107, column 31
    stat_pri statistic refers to non-existant projectile type 'arrow'
    ...which I haven't met before. I don't think they are critical, as the game skips the problem, apparently, but I can't be sure.

Try to replay those turns you've lost, save game each turn, and go past, say, 1208 or even 1210, don't quit before. Then try if new saves from 1203-1210 work and let me know.

Hi I am getting an error - Windows cannot find 'kingdoms.exe' Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again.
    What could be the reason for the error. I am installing the game on C:M2TW\mod
    Chatrapati Shivaji Maharaj founder of the Maratha empire.

Have you installed the 1.05 patch? Do the kingdoms campaigns run?

Quote Originally Posted by Shivaji View Post
    C:M2TW\mod
    Just for sake of clarity - it should be C:\M2TW\mods.

You are right the Kingdoms campaigns are not running. It keeps demanding the original Kingdoms dvd which I insert but the request keeps popping up. BTW the MTW2 base game runs. Yes I have installed the 1.5 patch using this link http://www.gamershell.com/download_24608.shtml

Yes I stand corrected, its C:M2TW\mods and when I install the 3 installers the ...\Broken_Crescent_kingdoms gets added automatically. I direct all 3 installers into the ...\mods folder.

Correct its C:\M2TW\mods. I am directing all 3 installers into the ...\mods folder and the ...\Broken_Crescent_kingdoms gets added automatically.

BTW I have installed the MTW2 base game and the Kingdom expansions not in the default C:program files\Sega... I have dont it on the C: drive on a separate folder. Do you think this might create issues. I remember in the instructions it was mentioned to install the game on a separate folder to avoid problems.
    Last edited by wudang_clown; September 05, 2012 at 01:08 AM. Reason: Four-fold post.
    Chatrapati Shivaji Maharaj founder of the Maratha empire.