Page 23 of 37 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: BROKEN CRESCENT 2.3: QUESTIONS and SUGGESTIONS

wudang_clown's Avatar Fire Is Inspirational

Default Re: BROKEN CRESCENT 2.3: QUESTIONS and SUGGESTIONS

I meant hidden_resource a and hidden_resource b and hidden_resource c and ... etc. Without scripted conditions, counters, event counters etc.
    Last edited by wudang_clown; June 15, 2012 at 03:30 AM.

Under the patronage of m_1512

Thanks for the help first time I've posted on a thread and somone has actually helped solved my problem, wouldn't happen to know why I can only recruit one each of dismounted templar knights and templar knights and then their unit card disappears from the recruitment tab in campaign?

Oh and what name is the kurdish lancer under in the edb?

Read back two pages.

Find Kurdish Lancers in D:\SEGA\Medieval 2 Total War\mods\Broken_Crescent_kingdoms\data\text -> export_units.txt

{ayyubid_tawashi_cavalry}Kurdish Lancers

Find ayyubid_tawashi_cavalry in D:\SEGA\Medieval 2 Total War\mods\Broken_Crescent_kingdoms\data -> export_descr_unit.txt

type ayyubid tawashi cavalry
    dictionary ayyubid_tawashi_cavalry ; ayyubid tawashi cavalry

Find ayyubid tawashi cavalry in D:\SEGA\Medieval 2 Total War\mods\Broken_Crescent_kingdoms\data -> export_descr_buildings.txt

"hidden_resource a and hidden_resource b and hidden_resource c"

I'm not sure I get it, but I'll have a look at this system when it becomes available. Will it be in 2.4 or only in 3.0? You said there was a surprise for 2.4. Ah, you can't say. Well, we're all waiting for 2.4.

theres something wrong with the skin for one the auxiliary camel units, it looks like silver or some metallic skin for the bedouin camel riders, just looks funny. also, the ai doesnt work correctly when a jihad is called. im playing as the koj, and a jihad was called on al kahir i think, one of the major cities in egypt, which is under the control of the Makurians.
    Instead of the jihad armies making their way to the city, they just stand around in my lands. they havent attacked me thoough, but it seems like they take 2 steps back for every one step they take towards their target. I havent seen whether or not they will act this way with all jihad targets but this is a pretty serious bug that should be looked at.
    Anyways great game
    Last edited by ZontorX; June 15, 2012 at 07:54 PM. Reason: dumb question

I also had a problem with the Bedouin Camel Riders - the camels didn't appear at all. The unit still worked normally, but the riders were floating in the air.

This is more of a Bug Reports thing, though.

I've dl your epic mod last week and I can say so far, you've done an awesome job. Congratulation on the hard work.

My only suggestion would be more unique buildings for the cities (like for exemple the famous wall of Constantinople...) and some more love for the Roman Empire faction (once passed Anatolia, I can't recruit christian units anymore, or even Roman trained like units...) as it is very hard to recruit good units with them (Jerusalem kingdom or the Arabs states can recruit early very strong units, when I can only recruit levy and weak units... the lack of archers, which is realistic, doesn't help the fact the infantry is weak as well TT_TT). We should be able with the Roman Empire to do something like "revive" the Empire

Cheers

Not sure if it's an issue really but noticed the pelekyphoroi axemen have to stop when they charge to go from single handed to double handed mode is there anyway to change it so they always begin in two-handed mode? seems to affect their charge effectiveness, then maybe change when they get into melee. Again not sure if anyone else thinks it's an issue and it has probably been brought up before, so I apologize, but I thought I might mention it anyway as I think it would be an improvement.

zburanuki's Avatar Ducenarius

i have the same issue with pelekyphorous and the late templars.how can we fix that? also, can the late tmplars use their swords as secondary weapon or not? and some suggestions,if it's doable can you add the horns on the teutonics' helmets? also, i think that you have to change the byzantine generals' outfit,because it looks more as a viking rather than a byzantine noble.i found a mod in progress (i think latinokrateia) where the team demostrated a byzantine general,a prince and a king.and now i mentioned king, can you change also the byzantine king as it's not correct having that helmet-mask.of course i don't demand i just suggest some things oh and finally another question, from where can i recruit dismounted knights of outremer?

Go to models_db and remove their one-handed animation.

ok thanks. and one more thing in what year the red hospitallers appear?

First, I would just like to say that this is the best Mod I have ever played ! Have spent many countless hours playing this... and I just downloaded the newest 2.3 version this last week. Your easy download is nice, very professional! Like a brand new store bought game.

-
    For the voice acting.. I love the attempt, however could be improved a lot with your next release, if you intend to do something like this again. You need something to cancel that echo affect and this can be done with something simple like a pvc pipe construction with thick quilts around to absorb. Something like this is easy and you don't need to change voice actors. I am not sure what kind of recording hardware you are using either but to me it currently sounds like a Russian friend is telling the event to me on a headset mic.

Enrapturedly your's,
    Apulu

why the khwarezmians can't recruit ghulam units and khorasani spearmen at least as mercenaries? and 2 suggestions for 2.4 if it's doable. first,can you edit the horses and make them like they are in Third Age 3.2? and secondly, can you make an extra work on the pre battle speaches? they are too small.

Khwarezmian kharas cavalrymen are in fact ghulams, although the name doesn't show that. Khorasani speamen should be available in Khorasan, and they will be in 2.4. Horses are doable, but are not on our to-do list for 2.4. We didn't plan to work on battle speeches.

i didn't know it about kharas cavalry,but how can the ghurids recruit ghulam horse archers and ghulam lancers and the khwarezmians can't? is it historically correct? no offense, i just ask because i don't know .anyway the khwarezmians have a problem with horse archers,they are even worse that the byzantines.anyway,about the other 2 suggestions why don't you work on them? i don't want to pressure the team,just curiosity. and something else, when can we expect a preview for 2.4 or for a faction of it?

Quote Originally Posted by zburanuki View Post
    i didn't know it about kharas cavalry
    That's because you haven't read its description.
    but how can the ghurids recruit ghulam horse archers and ghulam lancers and the khwarezmians can't?
    As I've said, Khwarezmians have their own ghulam corps. There's no requirement for all factions to recruit just the same units.
    anyway the khwarezmians have a problem with horse archers,they are even worse that the byzantines.
    What do you mean?
    anyway,about the other 2 suggestions why don't you work on them?
    Simply because we've chosen different priorities.

We'll present a preview during summer (calendar summer ), hopefully.

Khwarezmians have a problem with horse archers because they don't have any native types. The heavily armored horse archers have too few arrows to count as effective missile cavalry. As the human player, you can correct for this by hiring mercenaries or conquering regions with turko-persian horse archers but the ai doesn't understand this. My suggestion is the Khwarezmians should have some unit of lighter missile cavalry. I might also add that it doesn't make a lot of sense that the full and half cataphract units, despite the unit description, have exactly the same armor rating.

brapollo has right for the horse archers.in fact i count khwarezmian HA as heavy cavalry rather than missile unit.as for the ghulams, i just can't understand why the majority of the muslim can recruit ghulam units ( i mean those units who have ''ghulam '' in their name) and the khwarezmians can't? i think the only muslim factions that don't have them are the khwarezmians,the omani and the sindhi.I understand that sindh are more a hindu faction rather than a muslim,oman i think that in its region don't have slaves,but i can't find an exlpantion for the khwarezmians.anyway,thanks for the answers.

brapollo has right for the horse archers.in fact i count khwarezmian HA as heavy cavalry rather than missile unit.as for the ghulams, i just can't understand why the majority of the muslim can recruit ghulam units ( i mean those units who have ''ghulam '' in their name) and the khwarezmians can't? i think the only muslim factions that don't have them are the khwarezmians,the omani and the sindhi.I understand that sindh are more a hindu faction rather than a muslim,oman i think that in its region don't have slaves,but i can't find an exlpantion for the khwarezmians.anyway,thanks for the answers.
    As wudang said, the Khwarezmenshahs do have ghulams. Just a different ( mostly better) version that is recruited from stables instead of slave barracks. I don't know why you need a unit to have "ghulam" in their name or why it's so important they be exactly outfitted the same way.