Page 14 of 116 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617181920212223243964114 ... LastLast

Thread: Feature Requests

Locky's Avatar Centenarius

Default Re: Feature Requests

Yeah, the hoarde idea will be great fun!

DimeBagHo's Avatar Praeses

We could add the horde feature. It might make sense for some horse culture factions like the Scythians and Parthians. We could give it to the Gauls and Germans as well, although that would be a bit of a stretch historically speaking.

In terms of the development plan I will still be working on the loyalty changes for a while (Seleucid rebels, and then maybe Ptolemaic rebels), and then I think it would be good if we could get the government system working. Hordes would probably come some time after that, unless it turns out to be really easy to add hording, in which casewe might see it sooner.
    Last edited by DimeBagHo; June 23, 2006 at 06:46 PM.

Zarax's Avatar Triple Chaosmaster

Horde isn't so difficult to add, just take a look in the old borsook's mod thread, they managed to add it to the campaign without problems...

Anyways, RTW factions that horded historically were germans (though later), gauls (galatian horde anyone?) and scythians (or better, sarmatians)... The latter especially would benefit from hording imho as in every game they are among the first to die, I would just suggest to put smaller hordes in than BI, it's more to give factions one last chance rather than making them killers.
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

Agreed across the board - keep XGM REAL - no unnecesary hordes and BI units 300 years out of time frame - all this mod needs is tinkering, not radical changes.

Zarax - you are Sardinian right? Italy or Australia? know who my money is on........... (go aussies!!!!)

Sorry for the incoherent post - drinking too much while the World cup is on....................

Well, using a bit of "what if" doesn't hurt realism, after all the cited factions horded sometime in their history...

Hippias, yes, I'm Sardinian and it will be an interesting match because the actual aussie coach managed to beat Italy when he was with S. Korea...
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

Hey Zarax

I am italian too. Mantua me genuit...
    Italy-Australia 2-0, my two cents. And Italy-Swiss in quarter final sounds promising... :-)

Andrea

Lol, enough with soccer guys... Let's not stray this thread from it's own scope...
    Next week I might develop a set of instruction to import a few alex units into XGM for those who are interested, later DBH can judge if there should be more around...
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

Zarax, did you have a look at TE 5.0?
    Is there an easy way to integrate some features of the mod with XGM, as both are for 1.5 and not so much modded from vanilla RTW?
    I mean, for example, the multiple interfaces and the full development for barbarian civilizations. I like also the more depth of the roman roster in TE.

Yes, we will eventually get to that level of development too, just give DBH time to do it...
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

Germanicus75's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea69
    Zarax, did you have a look at TE 5.0?
    Is there an easy way to integrate some features of the mod with XGM, as both are for 1.5 and not so much modded from vanilla RTW?
    I mean, for example, the multiple interfaces and the full development for barbarian civilizations. I like also the more depth of the roman roster in TE.
    I just had a go on this concurrent to my 4.0.11 campaign (where I'm getting beaten on e/h ;-). What's impressed me most about it so far is the eye-candy. The faction banners, icons and colours are very attractive, and the campaign MM mini-map looks better than in 4.0.11 because the faction province borders have been removed - making the whole thing clearer. Plus the faction colours are somehow nicer.

Would like to see the following in XGM if poss.:

- campaign mini-map redone to have no borders as in TE 5.0, plus have the same clear faction colours where poss
    - maybe ask Lusted if you can use the the blue colour + owl banner/icon from the Eprius faction to replace the Brutii faction stuff now used in XGM. Maybe also start the Eprius faction in the Balkans as well as in Italy, as TE 5.0 does? The banner/icon and colours, as well as the starting position, are really nicely done.
    - Lusted has also redone the speeches so Brutii are no longer mentioned in connection with Eprius faction

Just my 2 Euro cents :-)

Cheers, Germanicus91

Cyrus the Virus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Think they are using the Loyalty factions thing with Scipii and Bruti. Think they wont be any Epirus.

"And the Heavens Shall Tremble"
    Resistance is futile™

"ehn sewr traih-sluyrds-lairareh"

DimeBagHo's Avatar Praeses

At the start of the game the Brutii/Independent Greek Cities represent Epirus plus a bunch of independent cities. The map boarders are very easy to change, so I'll probably do that for the next version (assuming that I also like they way it looks ). The pre-battle speeches will also be fixed. The banners for the rebel factions will probably be changed at some point but it's a low priority for now.

Request: city level system.

I think it is unrealistic that you can build stone walls everywhere.
    Have a system with hidden resources, such as lvl1, lvl2, lvl3, lvl4, where they would be as so:

lvl1: no ability to build walls (sparta?)
    lvl2: ability to build both wooden walls
    lvl3: ability to build stone walls
    lvl4: ability to build biggest stone walls, these regions coul be f. ex Rome, Mediolanium, Massilia, Syracuse, Carthage, Athens, Pella, Corinth, Larissa, Byzantium, Alexandria, some seleucid larger cities

How about it? The same system could be modified so that you could only build military structures in certain provinces, to make cities more important.
    Also a request is to cut down on the amount of provinces significantly (italy 3-4 provinces, iberia 4 etc) but I don't think you'll go with that ;P

Well, the thing is that you could build stone walls everywhere, just not for cheap...
    I think it would be better adn more realistic to give an higher price to walls and very long build times (IE stone wall 10 turns and the large one 30), so that both player and AI would be discouraged in building them.
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

Cyrus the Virus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Ehh instead of longer building times. Increase the building cost. Would like that with Spartans too.

"And the Heavens Shall Tremble"
    Resistance is futile™

"ehn sewr traih-sluyrds-lairareh"

Some game balancing suggestions:

Desert peltasts right now have no use as their higher stamina advantage is nullified by fatigue off. I suggest to add combat bonus in deserts, same for numidian javenlimen.

Deser infantry should get similar stats to barbarian warband but bonus in deserts instead of forests, otherwise raise their price and upkeep please.

Greek mercs should get 1 turn recruiting, they are not elites... If you're worried about limiting the recruitment just raise price and upkeep a bit...
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

Definitely agree on Greek Mercs.

On Walls, I quite enjoy the challenge of assaulting epic stone walls. But they should be limited to major cities like those suggested by justabug. 10 turn building time for epic walls seems fair, but 30??!

Locky's Avatar Centenarius

You cant build epic stone walls, can you?

Kara Kolyo's Avatar Mikhail

Dime please make the lack of borders optional. i for example like to have province borders and don't really enjoy other mods that don't have them, looks ugly to me.

under the patronage of Perikles in the house of Wilpuri
    Proud patron of Cymera

Quote Originally Posted by Juus
    Definitely agree on Greek Mercs.

On Walls, I quite enjoy the challenge of assaulting epic stone walls. But they should be limited to major cities like those suggested by justabug. 10 turn building time for epic walls seems fair, but 30??!
    You have to consider that building a wall around a city was not a minor feat, it required huge numbers of workers, qualified engineers and lots of time because everything was handmade, cutting the rocks (often from some place not so close), bringing them to place and build layer after layer.

Before imperial Rome few cities had the massive resources required to build a stone fortification, it was a luxiry that could have easily taken more than 20 years...
    The Best Is Yet To Come: