Thread: The Winners of MAARC XXV

Default The Winners of MAARC XXV

Congratulations to our Winners!

After three months and two votes, we finally have our results. In one of the closest polls in recent memory (all places separated by a single vote - including the runoff for 2nd and 3rd place), at last we have the final placements of MAARC XXV.

This tale of the rise of the Kingdom of Pontus against the might of Rome, Egypt, and all the other powerful realms of the ancient world. Decimus Milo is no stranger to the genre of AAR writing and his skills as both an author and player shine through in this latest work. It is no wonder he has generated great loyalty and admiration for his writing; both of which were to key to securing his first win in the MAARC. For his win, Decimus Milo earns four points towards a MAARC medal.

This is a first person account of the English Civil War as told by the character of Sir William Cromford. Though this is Maximinus Thrax's first attempt at writing an AAR, he has already made great strides and is now marked as an author to watch in the future. His second place now puts him on the board with three points in the pursuit of a MAARC medal.

3rd Place goes to - Thokran and The Baltic Terror.
    This story of the Teutonic Knights and their wars against the pagans, Orthodox, and (often times) themselves is full of personal conflict, battles, and greed. This rich tale shows how veteran AARtist Thokran has developed his skills in both playing the game and bringing a story to life. For his third place showing, Thokran receives two points and is a couple steps closer to a Silver MAARC medal.

Congratulations are in order not only for these three fine works but for all the others that were submitted for this competition. The spirit and dedication of the authors here on TWCenter is alive and well and it shows in their dedication to their stories and their love of the game. I look forward to the next round of competition.
    [I just hope it doesn't take us three months to get to the next one.]
    Last edited by Skantarios; March 16, 2011 at 05:53 PM.
    Read the review of I am Skantarios! in the Critic's Quill here.

Default Re: The Winners of MAARC XXV

Congratulations to the winners!

Read my AARs:
    The Legacy of Megas Alexandros (Europa Barbarorum as Arche Seleukeia)
    The Prodigal Son (Shogun 2 as Mori)
    You like a good reading? Then check out the homepage of our fellow TWC-member Theodotos I at www.stephenwrites.com!

Such a great honor to have won the 2nd place, competing against a plethora of excellent writers. Congratulations to Decimus Milo and Thokran! Congratulations to all the worthy competitors in this MAARC marathon! Thanks to all the voters!

And one last thing, to clarify some minor details...
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    This is my second AAR and the first TW one

dezikeizer's Avatar Campidoctor

Sorry for the late reply, but congratulations to the winners.