Page 10 of 33 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: *Total War Center Steam Clan for TWS2*

Chopy's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: *Total War Center Steam Clan for TWS2*

Spear owns cavalry.
    Naginata is balance between spear and sword.
    Sword owns infantry.

And Onna Bushi owns sword and cavalry , weak against spear. But i dislike Onna Bushi for some reason i find idea of units made of women pretty ridiculous even if it is historically accurate.
    Last edited by Chopy; March 12, 2011 at 11:38 AM.

dutch81's Avatar Senator

There are naginata samurai as well but as Walker said they seem to get chopped up by both Sword and Cavalry in the Mitch Mod which seems weird but I haven't played with them.

Naginata seem to just be an anti-spear unit. However if you are a cavalry commander like me, that means it will be one of the most useful.
    Supporter of Facial Hair for extra Manliness.

Daily's Avatar Flingin' ma mace son
    Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Walker View Post
    IF you guys tried Mitch's Custom battle editor, and put a naginata vs a sword inf the sword will annihilate the naginata, and they're both as good at taking
    cavalry down

If we're talking about versatility and pownage the winner is clear
    Hmm, maybe you are right. Seems like I have to do some more reading.
    Proud patron of Confederate Jeb and FalconPilot
    View how Grouchy makes a Hoplon shield!

dutch81's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Os View Post
    Naginata seem to just be an anti-spear unit. However if you are a cavalry commander like me, that means it will be one of the most useful.
    But they shouldn't be ... they should OK against sword, spear & cavalry but not great at any but if they are getting annihilated by sword and cavalry and only useful against spear then something seems off in the balance of this unit.

hochmeister devin's Avatar Senator

yah that is strange. you think they would be the middle unit.

Just joined the steam group. Name on it is Omnishred though.
    Can't wait to get this though I doubt I will play MP straight away as I've already planned a coop campaign with my bro but after that I will be fully active.

Glad to have you on board Paternus

dutch81's Avatar Senator

I hope Caleb reads this and gives us some of his input in regard to the recent discussions.

Laetus

My text won't "unbold", but whatever. I have a 100 slots mumble-server that is mostly unused (seldom more than 5 people online). It is currently open until 9th of may, this year. At that time it is possible to renew the subscription (100 euro for 100 slots one year, obviously cheaper with lesser slots), use another VoIP client (like ventrilo, but ventrilo is not as good and more expensive) or buy your own.

Why do we need a VoIP client? That is obvious. Communication is the key to success, at least in multiplayer battles.

The info is as following:
    Servername: Fortress Gamer
    Address: Mumble-3.verygames.net
    Port: 50139
    Username: Your name

Below is a guide that was made by a friend of mine. I just translated it to english. All credits to "Moera"
    over at www.hon-norge.net.

It seems quite exstensive, but it really is very easy.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Dummies guide for start and setup of Mumble. PS: Some points might be outdated, but I don't think so.

When you have installed Mumble you'll get this screen up. Do the following:

Press "Connect".

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Press Add New.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Press Edit Server. DO NOT PUT IN THAT INFORMATION. Put in the following:
    Info:

Press Connect to get into the server.

Press Configure Mumble.

Your Audio Input settings. Use Push to Talk.

In the red area you choose which microphone you want to use (default is usually correct) and in the blue area you choose how you "transmit". Set it to Push to Talk.

This is your Audio Output settings. In the yellow area you choose which speakers you want to use. Default is also normally the correct option here.

Go to the "Shortcuts" tab and press "Add". A new shortcut will pop up named "unassigned"

Set it to Push-to-Talk.

And choose the button you want to hold in when you are going to talk.

Then go to the "Network" tab and uncheck "Force TCP mode". Aaand you're done!

You might also want to go through the audio wizard, but that's optional.
    Last edited by Gorm; March 12, 2011 at 03:41 PM.

wohoo I joined as well...awww my first TW clan ever

Someone invite me plz, I can offer some training lessons.
    daniu -TLG- on Steam.
    Tools: PFM 4.1 - EditSF 1.2.0
    (Download PFM - Download EditSF)
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

dutch81's Avatar Senator

It is a public group no invite required.

Total War Center TWS2 Group

But did it anyway.
    Last edited by dutch81; March 12, 2011 at 03:51 PM.

I want BOOOOWS

Quote Originally Posted by Thefallenhun View Post
    I want BOOOOWS
    They're spelled with a "B", not a "W"
    Common mistake.
    Tools: PFM 4.1 - EditSF 1.2.0
    (Download PFM - Download EditSF)
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

dutch81's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Thefallenhun View Post
    I want BOOOOWS
    Archers didn't seem quite the killing machines they were in previous TW titles ... don't get me wrong before the demo I wanted to play the Chosokabe, after the demo not so much!

I know precisely what I said

33orion77's Avatar Tiro

So it's my turn to join the clan too

I agree also about the idea of 1 mon and multiple army color patern, So to give as much color freedom I suggest to make a mon that could be white, black or whatever the color needed. Idk how much fiction there is to it but it reminds me of Kagemusha. the army of the takeda was divided in 4 divisions: Fire ( in red ), Wind ( in white ), Forest ( in green ) and Mountain ( in black )

and this brings me to other ideas about the "chain" of command. instead of using the location of player to group them I would consider the time that they are usually online. Depending on how big you want the structure you can divide the day by 4, 6 or 8 it could be like

00h-06h night watch
    06h-12h early watch
    12h-18h day watch
    18h-00h late watch

I'm just trowing hours here, it could be flexible but a pattern like that improve the chance of always having an officer online because I think that beside all the qualities that officers need they also need to be active so having a structure based on our usual play-time is more suited than one located on our geographical situation

Also, I think it would be a must that our officers have japanese name Hatamoto, Taisho and Fuku-Taisho are just example.

Finally about clan specialization, I don't think the clan should have one. Individual should, but not the clan as a whole. I think we will be more versatile that way
    Check out:
    ''Ancien Régime'' a ETW Re-texture Project ( France, Poland-lithuania, etc...)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=245857
    Regalia of Nations ( Flag, sounds, uniforms, effects mod):
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1189

stradar1's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by Gorm View Post
    My text won't "unbold", but whatever. I have a 100 slots mumble-server that is mostly unused (seldom more than 5 people online). It is currently open until 9th of may, this year. At that time it is possible to renew the subscription (100 euro for 100 slots one year, obviously cheaper with lesser slots), use another VoIP client (like ventrilo, but ventrilo is not as good and more expensive) or buy your own.

Why do we need a VoIP client? That is obvious. Communication is the key to success, at least in multiplayer battles.

The info is as following:

Below is a guide that was made by a friend of mine. I just translated it to english. All credits to "Moera"
    over at www.hon-norge.net.

It seems quite exstensive, but it really is very easy.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Dummies guide for start and setup of Mumble. PS: Some points might be outdated, but I don't think so.

When you have installed Mumble you'll get this screen up. Do the following:

Press "Connect".

Press Add New.

Press Edit Server. DO NOT PUT IN THAT INFORMATION. Put in the following:
    Info:

Press Connect to get into the server.

Press Configure Mumble.

Your Audio Input settings. Use Push to Talk.

In the red area you choose which microphone you want to use (default is usually correct) and in the blue area you choose how you "transmit". Set it to Push to Talk.

This is your Audio Output settings. In the yellow area you choose which speakers you want to use. Default is also normally the correct option here.

Go to the "Shortcuts" tab and press "Add". A new shortcut will pop up named "unassigned"

Set it to Push-to-Talk.

And choose the button you want to hold in when you are going to talk.

Then go to the "Network" tab and uncheck "Force TCP mode". Aaand you're done!

You might also want to go through the audio wizard, but that's optional.
    Are there any clan mates useing this now????
    Total War is the only massive war game that has yet to be Surpassed keep up the good work CA don't let us down!!!!

33orion77's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by dutch81 View Post
    Archers didn't seem quite the killing machines they were in previous TW titles ... don't get me wrong before the demo I wanted to play the Chosokabe, after the demo not so much!
    yeah but I wonder in late game with all the bonus you can get here and there how the experienced archers will turn out.
    Check out:
    ''Ancien Régime'' a ETW Re-texture Project ( France, Poland-lithuania, etc...)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=245857
    Regalia of Nations ( Flag, sounds, uniforms, effects mod):
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1189