Page 7 of 62 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516173257 ... LastLast

Thread: Additional Units Mod - Shogun (AUM-SHO) 2.8 - updated 31.12.17

Default Re: ADDITIONAL UNITS MOD - SHOGUN (AUM-SHO) - 1.4 - updated 25.3.11

Quote Originally Posted by ♔MASK OF GAS♔ View Post
    Thanks swiss i meant upload it on my channel sorry not be your movie maker .
    It will take a while as i need to book some holidays at work .
    Thanks swiss have a nice weekend.
    Thanks to you too!

Quote Originally Posted by wolfbane751 View Post
    would it be possible to add the european ships to the naval battle in custom battles?
    Hello wolfbane, I answered this question one post above.

Quote Originally Posted by ShogunTaisho101 View Post
    what are the string names for the add-on units: i only need the names for the wako units and the naginata monk cav.
    Welcome to our forum ShogunT! Here are the Unit_ID's:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    "Inf_Sword_Katana_Ronin"
    "Inf_Spear_Yari_Ronin"
    "Inf_Sword_Katana_Wako"
    "Inf_Missile_Bow_Wako"
    "Cav_Spear_Naginata_Warrior_Monk_Cavalry"
    "Medium_Ship_Wako_Medium_Bune"

Quote Originally Posted by soheisohei View Post
    Anyway, I assume that naginata warrior monk cavalry is also not recruitable in the campaign? I tried and couldnt find them
    Hello sohei, I looked into the related db tables. They can only be recruited by the clan "Ikko Ikki" at their special temples.

"Cav_Spear_Naginata_Warrior_Monk_Cavalry" "ikko_ikki"

"SHO_Ikko_Temple_3_Jodo_Shinshu_Fortified_Monastery"
    "SHO_Ikko_Temple_4_Jodo_Shinshu_Honganji"

Here some very good news about the unlocking process of vanilla units in the campaign.

recruitment queue of Ronin and Wako units

Ronin unit recruitment (market)

Ronin units

Wako unit
    recruitment (pirate cove)

Wako
    units

Kinjo's Avatar Taiko

Hey Swiss what did you do to add them, I really want to add the missing monk units to the Uesugi. Right now I'm using taws tool and just trying to figure out what the entry means.

syntax
    "SHO_Buddhist_4_Legendary_Temple" "Inf_Heavy_Naginata_Warrior_Monk_Hero_Uesugi" 0 false 2794 false false false false nil false

Quote Originally Posted by Kinjo View Post
    Hey Swiss what did you do to add them, I really want to add the missing monk units to the Uesugi. Right now I'm using taws tool and just trying to figure out what the entry means.

syntax
    "SHO_Buddhist_4_Legendary_Temple" "Inf_Heavy_Naginata_Warrior_Monk_Hero_Uesugi" 0 false 2794 false false false false nil false
    If you want I can tell you how to do it with Hex editing. I did so to unlock most of locked units in S2R
    Don't smoke the seed

Kinjo's Avatar Taiko

Quote Originally Posted by Agostinos View Post
    If you want I can tell you how to do it with Hex editing. I did so to unlock most of locked units in S2R
    I haven't used much hex editing but what I'm trying to do is add the following units to the Uesugi -

"Inf_Heavy_Naginata_Warrior_Monk_Hero_Uesugi"
    "Inf_Missile_Matchlock_Warrior_Monks"

So yeah any help would be awesome.

I haven't used much hex editing but what I'm trying to do is add the following units to the Uesugi -

If you dont want to hexedit i can do this for you and if Swiss needs some help I could help him out either.
    Don't smoke the seed

Kinjo's Avatar Taiko

Sure I'll take you up on that offer, I just sent you a pm out of respect for Swiss's mod.

The matchlock monks are missing in every other clan too. Any chance to unlock them for all factions?

I think swiss would be interested too!

Quote Originally Posted by panzerschreck View Post
    If help is needed I'll be there
    Don't smoke the seed

ShogunTaisho101's Avatar Laetus

If I may make a suggestion Swiss about custom units in terms stats mostly (you probably already have this mind already). Two of these unit suggestions have been posted already and another request is from me.

Peasants -
    Majority of their stats are low, special ability is throwing bombs (reference to Kessen 3 Mattock units), the cheapest units to recruit in the game. They should have a farming tool in be used as a weapon.

Xbow Ashigaru -
    Recruitment cost, Range, and all other stats should be between/average of a bow and matchlock ashigaru, also has the fire arrows and fire rank special abilities. (Definately would like to see these units make a comeback)

Ashigaru/Light Skirmishers -
    Never throw spears, primary weapons should be either a short spear or a katana, moderate in melee defence, low in melee attack, IF a short spear is the weapon then a spear wall special ability, they are slow wearing the lightest armor carrying a wooden shield and a bladed weapon. Mongol Invasion inspired. Visually just either use a light cavalry model (dismounted) or an ashigaru model and add a shield.

Or on a side note you could combine suggestion 1 and 3 visually and statistically.

hi i have question how i can check if the mod is working? i followed the instructions and did wut i was told. i went to customs but cant seem to find the new units, but i added other mods too. like 24 bit upgrade mode , realm divide mod. do u know if the other mod affected aumsho ability to work? because 24 bit i cant really tell because i already play on medium texture and everything on low. and realm divide i started new campaign but is not far enough for realm divide but which i already know new units dont work on campaigns. thnx

GasMask's Avatar Praeses

Over on the darth mod i just asked where pentax was he is called syntax L M F A O.

Hello agostinos, i am very interested in this. Have been looking forward to naginata warrior monk hero units.

Will loan swordsman also be recruitable?

is this playable with DarthMOd?

syntax
    Sure I'll take you up on that offer, I just sent you a pm out of respect for Swiss's mod.
    Hello Kinjo, I hope this helps you.

aum_units_to_groupings_military_permissions_tables
    "Cav_Spear_Naginata_Warrior_Monk_Cavalry" "japan"
    "Cav_Spear_Naginata_Warrior_Monk_Cavalry" "multiplayer_avatar"
    "Inf_Missile_Matchlock_Warrior_Monks" "japan"
    "Inf_Missile_Matchlock_Warrior_Monks" "multiplayer_avatar"

aum_building_units_allowed_tables
    "SHO_Buddhist_2_Monastery" "Cav_Spear_Naginata_Warrior_Monk_Cavalry" 0 false 2819 false false false false nil false
    "SHO_Buddhist_3_Temple_Complex" "Cav_Spear_Naginata_Warrior_Monk_Cavalry" 1 false 2839 false false false false nil false
    "SHO_Buddhist_4_Legendary_Temple" "Cav_Spear_Naginata_Warrior_Monk_Cavalry" 2 false 2858 false false false false nil false
    "SHO_Buddhist_2_Monastery" "Inf_Missile_Matchlock_Warrior_Monks" 0 false 2138 false false false false nil false
    "SHO_Buddhist_3_Temple_Complex" "Inf_Missile_Matchlock_Warrior_Monks" 1 false 2143 false false false false nil false
    "SHO_Buddhist_4_Legendary_Temple" "Inf_Missile_Matchlock_Warrior_Monks" 2 false 2149 false false false false nil false

Quote Originally Posted by panzerschreck View Post
    If you dont want to hexedit i can do this for you and if Swiss needs some help I could help him out either.
    If help is needed I'll be there
    Hello Agostinos, yes of course I would be interested because at the moment I don't have time to hex-edit.

Quote Originally Posted by Juuu View Post
    hi i have question how i can check if the mod is working? i followed the instructions and did wut i was told. i went to customs but cant seem to find the new units, but i added other mods too. like 24 bit upgrade mode , realm divide mod. do u know if the other mod affected aumsho ability to work? because 24 bit i cant really tell because i already play on medium texture and everything on low. and realm divide i started new campaign but is not far enough for realm divide but which i already know new units dont work on campaigns. thnx
    Hello Juuu, there is a simple way to look if AUM-SHO works. Just play a single player custom battle and try to use the "pike_wall_formation" with the "Yari Samurai". In vanilla the Yari Samurai can't use this formation.

Quote Originally Posted by aeoleron9 View Post
    The matchlock monks are missing in every other clan too. Any chance to unlock them for all factions?
    Hello aeoleron, they are unlocked now.

Quote Originally Posted by Andreius Pretorianus View Post
    is this playable with DarthMOd?
    Hello Andreius, yes please read my first page.

Quote Originally Posted by rave_nick View Post
    Will loan swordsman also be recruitable?
    Hello rave_nick, the answer is in the changelog below.

I will comment these suggestions below soon.

Quote Originally Posted by flopsies View Post
    I also reccomend adding more variety to ashigaru yari. Yaris didnt always have hooks, and ashigaru didnt always wear farmer hats, they also wore bandana things and zunari helmets. You also put sunburst standards in some units. Yari, matchlock, and yumi Samurai should also have the same attack stats, because all Samurai were very proficient with the katana.
    Quote Originally Posted by Camillvs View Post
    It's a civil war among the same nation, what did you expect? There are too many types of units in the game, from a historic perspective.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chevalier IX View Post
    I like the idea of recruitable female units,as recent archaeology has revealed this was indeed the case,as no less than 3 battlefield excavations DNA tests have shown that on the average out of every 100 bodies found upwards of 35 were women...and keep in mind these were field burials not a siege or otherwise
    chevalier, it doesnt always mean that they were soldiers. Geisha arent just assasins...
    oh, and swiss halberdier, you should add an ability to all units called onigidi (rice balls). They always carried around, so it could increase morale while reducing movement/fatigue speed (They'll get to chubby if they eat to many!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shabby_Ronin View Post
    Is there anyway to make the matchlock monks recruitable?
    Quote Originally Posted by Baleurion View Post
    Taisho (sorry i cant write the line above the o on my swedish keyboard, but i can write たいしょう instead if it makes up for it? ;D)
    Isn't what you are asking for, precisely what the Naginata Samurai is for? A middle between Yari samurai and Katana samurai, not as good as the katana against infantry, and not as good as the Yari against cavalry, bot very good against both in the sense that you can use the same unit for both roles.
    A weaker version of Yari Samurai but better against infantry, not as good against cavalry as Yari
    Unless you specifically request the Yari Samurai weapon model, rather than a unit with the stats you asked for
    Quote Originally Posted by ♔ brucedickenson♔ View Post
    This is looking good so far! Some suggestions

Possible to add loan sword ashigaru?
    Crossbow ashigaru (if someone can make it)
    Dual katana samuri/hero?
    Mounted matchlock samuri
    Quote Originally Posted by Taishō View Post
    ok, here comes another unrealistic proposal. Please refer from throwing stones at me before I get a chance to run away... ^^
    Perhaps we could have a unit of Ashigaru using the Model of the current Ashigaru but with the animations and the weapon model (if those are seperate again?) of the Yari Samurai.
    The Unit would be the weaker version of the Yari Samurai and better against other infantry, but not as good against cavalry as the Ashigaru with the longer Yari. Somewhere between the current Spear Ashigaru and the "Loansword Ashigaru"....
    Quote Originally Posted by soheisohei View Post
    YOU ARE AWESOME! THANKS!
    Quote Originally Posted by ShogunTaisho101 View Post
    If I may make a suggestion Swiss about custom units in terms stats mostly (you probably already have this mind already). Two of these unit suggestions have been posted already and another request is from me.

Peasants -
    Majority of their stats are low, special ability is throwing bombs (reference to Kessen 3 Mattock units), the cheapest units to recruit in the game. They should have a farming tool in be used as a weapon.

Xbow Ashigaru -
    Recruitment cost, Range, and all other stats should be between/average of a bow and matchlock ashigaru, also has the fire arrows and fire rank special abilities. (Definately would like to see these units make a comeback)

Ashigaru/Light Skirmishers -
    Never throw spears, primary weapons should be either a short spear or a katana, moderate in melee defence, low in melee attack, IF a short spear is the weapon then a spear wall special ability, they are slow wearing the lightest armor carrying a wooden shield and a bladed weapon. Mongol Invasion inspired. Visually just either use a light cavalry model (dismounted) or an ashigaru model and add a shield.

Or on a side note you could combine suggestion 1 and 3 visually and statistically.

Hello to all AUM-SHO players,

today I released AUM-SHO 1.5 and here is the changelog.
    AUM-SHO 1.5 - 28.3.11
    - unlocked these vanilla units in the campaign

These units below can be recruited in the
    single player custom battle and the campaign.

I tried to unlock several other vanilla units like the "Loan Sword Ashigaru" and "Onna Bushi" too. But it didn't work and I know from my ETW/NTW experience that there is a column in the inaccessible "units_table" which controls the availability. The "Samurai Retainers" can be unlocked in the campaign but they have no costs, upkeep and unit limit. Therefore they would really mess up the recruitment of the CAI.

These units are locked in the
    "MP Avatar battle mode" at the moment and I have to search how I can make them available there too.

Katana Ronin
    Yari Ronin

Both Ronin units are recruitable at the market-building-chain:

"SHO_Crafts_1_Market"
    "SHO_Crafts_2_Rice_Exchange"
    "SHO_Crafts_3_Merchant_Guild"
    "SHO_Crafts_4_Kanabukama"

Katana Wako
    Bow Wako

Both Wako units are recruitable at the pirate-building-chain:

"SHO_Region_Specialty_Naval_2_Pirate_Lair"
    "SHO_Region_Specialty_Naval_3_Pirate_Fortress"

Naginata Warrior Monk Cavalry
    This unit needs the "Yari drill building" and a temple:

"SHO_Buddhist_2_Monastery"

"SHO_Buddhist_3_Temple_Complex"
    "SHO_Buddhist_4_Legendary_Temple"

Matchlock Warrior Monks
    This unit needs the special "Matchlock maker building" and a temple:

"SHO_Buddhist_2_Monastery"

"SHO_Buddhist_3_Temple_Complex"
    "SHO_Buddhist_4_Legendary_Temple"

Medium Bune Wako
    (only available in the single player custom battle)

I updated the first page with all new information.

Cheers and enjoy AUM-SHO 1.5!
    Swiss Halberdier

Default Re: ADDITIONAL UNITS MOD - SHOGUN (AUM-SHO) - 1.5 - updated 28.3.11

YOU ARE AWESOME! THANKS!

Radious's Avatar I came, I saw, I modded

Hello, first thank you for great mod Sir.

I just want to ask something

1. Yari Ronin - i can create it only in last version of market - "SHO_Crafts_4_Kanabukama" Your post say they should be recruitable in all version, since katakubana can be build only once its not very good.
    2. Is this normal that Ronin units have only 120 men?
    3. Could you make Wako units buildable in some other buildings then just pirate nest? Very rare buildings.

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Swiss Version 1.5 CTD's in "All In One" mod?? any ideas on problem as I cannot open files to view? thanks

EDIT: found problem, the Unit Variety Mod is causing CTD with your mod?? When I save as a "Mod" the game starts!
    Last edited by ToonTotalWar; March 28, 2011 at 01:21 PM.

So is there the ability in STW2 to limit the number of a given unit that the player can recruit like in ETW? So that you can only have one of this unit and maybe 4 of that unit for example.

Also, are you saying that the sword ashigaru and Onna Bushi can't be unlocked ever or you just cannot yet? I find myself wanting a unit of Onna Bushi in my army just for uniqueness of the unit.

And how far away from being able to add custom new units to the game are you?