Thread: Hyrule: Total War - Link to Subforums in First Post

Avatar of the Ice Wolf's Avatar Praeses

Default Re: Hyrule: Total War - Epic Legend of Zelda Warfare

@Undying Nephalim

Aside from the gates, how have the settlements been coming along? Not trying to be a nag here but I am excited to see how these structures would look.

West: Foranar- Azurita - The Redeemer - Sinteiria - Sakotae the Guardian (Tavia) - Saleria
    East: Nerise - Kiril

UndyingNephalim's Avatar Primicerius
    Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Avatar of the Ice Wolf View Post
    @Undying Nephalim

Aside from the gates, how have the settlements been coming along? Not trying to be a nag here but I am excited to see how these structures would look.
    I can't continue modeling new buildings until I can get all the fundamentals of settlements to work right. I've literally spent 10-12 hours each day trial and error trying to get this simple gate to work properly for Hyrule castle. It might sound crazy but that's just how I work. It took me a week to get siege engines to work (and of course the solution ended up being something so ridiculously simple and stupid), and the same thing with the campaign map.

Have you gotten any help from the crew at The Third Age? Marvellously talented, that bunch.

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Colonial1.1 View Post
    Have you gotten any help from the crew at The Third Age? Marvellously talented, that bunch.
    This is all the help I've received so far: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...5#post10743655

If anyone is at all familiar with IWTE pleeeease do not hesitate to come forth. Everything is pretty much at a standstill until this is figured out.

So I take it you've finished with units? Because I so enjoyed making concepts for this mod.... Or are you just trying to focus on getting custom buildings to work for the moment so it's one less thing you have to do before continuing work on mercenaries? Because that means it wouldn't be too late to present a few more concepts........ Hopefully this post doesn't get lost in a sea of pages between now and Neph's next visit!

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal Lancer 916 View Post
    So I take it you've finished with units? Because I so enjoyed making concepts for this mod.... Or are you just trying to focus on getting custom buildings to work for the moment so it's one less thing you have to do before continuing work on mercenaries? Because that means it wouldn't be too late to present a few more concepts........ Hopefully this post doesn't get lost in a sea of pages between now and Neph's next visit!
    Naw I'm not even close to being done with all the units. I just need to get this stupid gate that's driving me nuts to work. Funny a simple gate is blocking all progress.

Door is locked, mod is locked.

DAMN YOU DOORMAN

Awww uploading.com betrayed me T-T

Sorry, but file you are trying to download is larger then allowed for free download.
    Please register free account or acquire a premium membership to download file.
    Do you have another mirror to download the mod?

Squeaks's Avatar More full of whinging

Hiya.

I'll ask Auntie Makanyane if she has time to get in contact with you about the gates. Hopefully she will; can only ask

Pixelspeech's Avatar Foederatus

Decided to finally sign up after a few months of following this topic and mod. I am currently playing through Fallen Sage in an attempt to wrap my head around the universe of this story, but I'll do my best to provide feedback anytime a new version becomes available. One quick question though: Is there going to be like a campaign mode where you follow a linear story or is just going to be Grand Campaign with a Zelda twist to it? Also in any case: Is it technically possible to program a mod to contain such a linear story?

Quote Originally Posted by Pixelspeech View Post
    Is it technically possible to program a mod to contain such a linear story?
    If you've played The Third Age: Total War they've made a Fellowship campaign which follows the story of the Fellowship from Lord of the Rings

Pixelspeech's Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by Extradaemon View Post
    If you've played The Third Age: Total War they've made a Fellowship campaign which follows the story of the Fellowship from Lord of the Rings
    I am relatively new this series (got drawn in when I heard about this mod), so no: I haven't played any of other mods besides this. Still thanks for the answer though

Quote Originally Posted by Squeaks View Post
    Hiya.

I'll ask Auntie Makanyane if she has time to get in contact with you about the gates. Hopefully she will; can only ask
    Auntie Mak is trying in the IWTE thread - UndyingNephalim is currently finding new inventive ways of breaking things we hadn't come across before... hopefully we're getting there now (this actually shouldn't be the hard part!)

Mattwensley's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by UndyingNephalim View Post
    I'll see what I can do about making it clear when things are updated. If it was not noticed it's impossible for me to look through all the comments on this thread since everytime I return there's usually 2+ new pages of ideas, arguments, or compliments/critiques.

I'm not stopping on this mod at all, just right now I'm in a position where I have to wait for someone to help me with gates and they seemed to have vanished. This is why I prefer working alone, I hate relying on other people to help because they tend to get busy or distracted with life. Unfortunately I just have no knowledge of gates for settlements and the tutorials have left out a few bits of critical information that I had to ask for, and am still awaiting more help.
    Hmmm... I see what you mean. I had to go back a page to get a response you posted yesterday. I was thinking that a blog would filter out other peoples advice and suggestions (I'm not implying that they are not worth listening to!), so we just get your posts on updates. Out of interest, what will come after the gates are working?

I asked you to keep it up, because every time someone makes something amazing that I am interested in, they seem to stop just before it becomes truly perfect I'm glad you are sticking with, and devoting time to it Is there a donation thing going on I can contribute to, or would that violate terms with Nintendo?

Wish I could help you out, but I have only a passing knowledge of the hard side of modding...

Quote Originally Posted by UndyingNephalim View Post
    gate is blocking all
    The irony is not lost, that's for certain.

Neph don't give up after all this time doing this mod. No one is going to replace you to create this Zelda game so encourage with it and take your time. For other part, we need get the 300 pages record, don't you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Mudora View Post
    Neph don't give up after all this time doing this mod. No one is going to replace you to create this Zelda game so encourage with it and take your time. For other part, we need get the 300 pages record, don't you think?
    Yes Neph, don't give up

Quote Originally Posted by Mudora View Post
    300 is the record? I'll contribute to that. (hopefully we will have a sub-forum before that though.)

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by makanyane View Post
    Auntie Mak is trying in the IWTE thread - UndyingNephalim is currently finding new inventive ways of breaking things we hadn't come across before... hopefully we're getting there now (this actually shouldn't be the hard part!)
    I applaud and thank you so much for your steady help and support over the gates. I apologize for finding new and creative ways to wreck IWTE

I hope that you finish the last faction soon so you can focus in the campaign after.