Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: [RS 2.1a] Rome 1Turn Expansion "Five Good Emperors" Download/Technical Thread

Default Re: [RS 2.1] Rome 1Turn Expansion "Five Good Emperors" Download/Technical Thread

bug report (correct me if this is the wrong thread)

so far just one! :-)
    when the senators make a donation, the according script line doesn't work out of some reason...
    Last edited by DeWitt8; January 21, 2011 at 05:03 PM.

chris10's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: [RS 2.1] Rome 1Turn Expansion "Five Good Emperors" Download/Technical Thread

Quote Originally Posted by DeWitt8 View Post
    bug report (correct me if this is the wrong thread)

so far just one! :-)
    when the senators make a donation, the according script line doesn't work out of some reason...
    it does work...but I forgot to change the amount
    ...the script adds 30.000 instead of 40.000

errrrrrrrrrrr...sloppy mistake...I changed that in the last minute cause I thoght I get players a little kickstart

Quote Originally Posted by chris10 View Post
    I had to change "romans_butii" into "romans_brutii," as well...

Quote Originally Posted by DeWitt8 View Post
    I had to change "romans_butii" into "romans_brutii," as well...

...just saw it...now thats a bug ...youre right...
    ....I corrected it and upload a new version for the others...for you it has been corrected as far as I can see

but I swear Iam relieved that nearly nobody is posting..that means that the modfolder and the new launcher work properly...otherwise the thread would be flooded with error reports...so..I am happy
    Last edited by chris10; January 21, 2011 at 05:30 PM.

I found another bug in export_ancillaries.txt
    -------------------------------------------
    {Roman_I_Legion} Legio I Germanica

{Roman_I_Legion_desc}
    This man is the current commander of Legio I Germanica.

Command +1 TroopMorale +1 Influence +2

¬---------------

{Roman_II_Legion} Legio II Augusta

{Roman_II_Legion_desc}
    This man is the current commander of Legio II Augusta.

{Roman_II_Legion_effects_desc}
    ==================================== need to add

{Roman_I_Legion_desc}

{Roman_I_Legion_effects_desc}

¬---------------

{Roman_II_Legion} Legio II Augusta

{Roman_II_Legion_desc}
    This man is the current commander of Legio II Augusta.

{Roman_II_Legion_effects_desc}
    Last edited by SLON; January 21, 2011 at 05:36 PM.
    FOR MOTHER RUSSIA

WarHorns v2.2 http://upload.com.ua/get/902789508/Warhorns v2.2.rar
    Knyaz Svjatoslav -http://empiretw.ru/board/index.php?showtopic=15186

errrrrrrrrrrr...sloppy mistake...I changed that in the last minute cause I thoght I get players a little kickstart
    I got that too with the advisor popping out but no money was added. But I tought it was intended as I read the updates in the other thread saying "On the other hand I removed the money help script for Rome,too....so dont expect any money gifts anymore.." and I guessed you removed it but forgot to remove the advisor text that's why I didn't report it.

Quote Originally Posted by SLON View Post
    I found another bug in export_ancillaries.txt

{Roman_I_Legion_desc}

{Roman_I_Legion_effects_desc}

True...thnx a lot ...
    Its left out in the export_ancillary.txt located in the modfolder...the entry in the data folder is allright and probably the ancillary would work ok as whenn te game does not find in the modfolder what it needs it draws from the main data folder but I have corrected it asap. I will wait a bit though to make a patch ...the Marian Reform is far far away and there might be other things to be corrected too

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth88 View Post
    I got that too with the advisor popping out but no money was added. But I tought it was intended as I read the updates in the other thread saying "On the other hand I removed the money help script for Rome,too....so dont expect any money gifts anymore.." and I guessed you removed it but forgot to remove the advisor text that's why I didn't report it.
    no...no..you allright...I had the faction spelled wrong...I missed the r in brutii ... the start is more difficult therefore I made a donation event...anyway...add you 40000 by console command and we are quit ...I will correct that in an update...thnx for feedbacking
    Last edited by chris10; January 21, 2011 at 05:47 PM.

Is it normal that Hannibal, after taking Arretium, leaves a single unit garrisoned there and move next to Genoa and sit there forever rather than wreacking havoc into Italy? He could easily take Arimirum too if he wanted.

Is it normal that Hannibal, after taking Arretium, leaves a single unit garrisoned there and move next to Genoa and sit there forever rather than wreacking havoc into Italy? He could easily take Arimirum too if he wanted.
    ...well...dont know what to say...best we write a letter to CA that we need another Patch for the Hardoded AI...

In my Beta Campaign it was the same...just a shame...but seriously I think Players would not stand a chance against both the Rebellion and Hannibal acting like a human Player and using to his advantage his temporarily numerical superiority...

Damn chris, this mod is a real challenge. I played on H/H on large unit setting and I got my first defeat EVER. I usually rape Hannibal in the opening battle, but this time he violated me . And the worst thing is, I like it!

Just a quick question though, how do I turn on the green arrows under the units in the battle map? In this mod, they are turned off and I can't see which of the units are mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Centaurion View Post
    Damn chris, this mod is a real challenge. I played on H/H on large unit setting and I got my first defeat EVER. I usually rape Hannibal in the opening battle, but this time he violated me . And the worst thing is, I like it!
    Just a quick question though, how do I turn on the green arrows under the units in the battle map? In this mod, they are turned off and I can't see which of the units are mine.
    ...glad you like it...be prepared it will be a lot more difficult to expand properly

I delivered the modfolder with the arrow markers disabled because they are a performance hog if you have seleceted lots of units and without them it looks more realistic. Units will be highlightet anyway when selcted,just without the green arrow markers
    However...you can enable them again by opening the preferences.txt file in the preferences folder located in Play_Rome_Five_Good_Emperors...
    look for this entry: DISABLE_ARROW_MARKERS:TRUE and set it to FALSE...voila

mgabor27's Avatar Tiro

Can I make the banners visible in the same way? Because I don't have green arrows and banners too. I don't miss the green arrows but the banners...

Quote Originally Posted by mgabor27 View Post
    Can I make the banners visible in the same way? Because I don't have green arrows and banners too. I don't miss the green arrows but the banners...
    In Play_Rome_Five_Good_Emperors\preferences open preferences.txt

Change:

SHOW_BANNERS:FALSE
    to
    SHOW_BANNERS:TRUE

By the way people could just delete the file and reset everything from scratch, or copy and overwrite a preference file from other campaigns.

Just won an epic siege battle against Hannibal's full army when taking back Arretium.
    He's a lot harder to crack i think, lost about 70% of my troops (before healing).

Good work Chris10!

mgabor27's Avatar Tiro

In Play_Rome_Five_Good_Emperors\preferences open preferences.txt

Change:

SHOW_BANNERS:FALSE
    to
    SHOW_BANNERS:TRUE

By the way people could just delete the file and reset everything from scratch, or copy and overwrite a preference file from other campaigns.
    Thanks!

chris, would you recommend me to play RS 2 before going into your submod?? Is there a huge gap between RS 1.6 and this game? I expect it, but i mean, could i skip "normal" RS 2 and jump into this nailbiting thing?

PD:Long time lurker, first time posting.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarcas View Post
    chris, would you recommend me to play RS 2 before going into your submod?? Is there a huge gap between RS 1.6 and this game? I expect it, but i mean, could i skip "normal" RS 2 and jump into this nailbiting thing?
    I wouldn't suggest it, if you aren't familiar with RS 2 you're going to deal with the learning process and the increased difficulty compared to RS 2 vanilla altogether. But if you think you can do it go ahead and try

Quote Originally Posted by Zarcas View Post
    PD:Long time lurker, first time posting.
    yoo...wellcome then ...the truth is....I dont know,mate...
    "Five Good Emperors" is a good deal more difficult than the normal 1Turn Roman Campaign...
    it all depends how familar one is with the Rome Total War mechanic...of course you can skip the Roman Campaign but please dont throw stones at me if you get frustrated...

may I qoute myself...

I also like to expressly point out that this is an exclusive veteran scenario which
    can turn out to be extremely difficult for more unexperienced players and possibly could be the source of constant frustration
    if you are not totally familar with the game mechanic, leadership system, logistics and the economic system. All these things have to work together. Especially important is the need of having good governours or the economy very likely will collapse. (Although Iam still working on the issue to try to find the best setting, especially for after the Reform). The game is long...if you dont make instantly money try to resist mo money cheats and develope your economy before raising more troops to go on a conquest. It is intentional that the player has not the money to built every turn in every city and additional raising and maintaining lots of forces.
    I recommend H/H difficutly and "Huge" settings as the difficulty has been optimized on this setting. Smaller units will result in a more difficult campaign.
    With H/H and "huge" I had and still have lots of fun in my Beta Campaign.
    If you find it to difficult I recommend to lower the settings to H/M or to M/M.
    If thats still to much and you are pegged down unable to expand in any direction I think It would be a good idea that you first try to beat the normal Roman 1Turn Campaign on H/H before coming back to this.
    Be warned that Blitzing will not benefit at all in this scenario.

Fuchs's Avatar Libertus

Hey

Installed it and the first time i used the launcher it worked fine. Now when i hit the launcher it gives the following error:

Line 3693 (file "C:\RSII\launcher\Roma Surrectum II.exe"):

Error: Variable used without being declared.

So i can't use the launcher anymore or start a game. Something i did wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Fuchs View Post
    Hey
    Installed it and the first time i used the launcher it worked fine. Now when i hit the launcher it gives the following error:
    Line 3693 (file "C:\RSII\launcher\Roma Surrectum II.exe"):
    Error: Variable used without being declared.
    So i can't use the launcher anymore or start a game. Something i did wrong?
    really...no idea...as I did not made the launcher I have no clue...
    there where about a 100 downloads since yesterday and all seems fine...nobody reported a problem launching the game and I use exact the same launcher (which I copypasted into the Download Folder)
    Maybe post it in the Technical Help Forum as this seems to affect the entire RSII installation and not only this expansion, isnt it ?...maybe Brusilov knows what this is about
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=420

If there is no answer/solution I suggest a reinstallation of RTW and RSII...sometimes weird things happen to installed applications.