0 0%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: [PASSED]Applicant: Swagger [Patron: cedric37]

cedric37's Avatar Why Not ?!
    Patrician Citizen

Default [PASSED]Applicant: Swagger [Patron: cedric37]

cedric37 Dear Curia and CdeC members,

I step up in front of you, once again.

This time i would ask you to study the case of the worthy Swagger.I ask you to look closely to his numerous contributions and take into account his good willing and overall very good behavior.

I would thus like to propose Swagger for Artifex.

Best regards,
    Cedric37.

Swagger
    My Quest for Becoming a Citizen

Why?

I want to become a citizen becouse i feel TWC is another home of mine, a internet safeplace i can go when i'm being chased by the cops after robbing banks and hijacked cars.

I've spend many good years around and maybe even (to some) became part of the old furniture... those guys everyone has seen here and there.

TWC in one way or another has grown with me.
    The Start

I Joined TWC on April 2007, shortly after the release of Medieval 2 Total War, although i've lurked around since mid 2006, when i had discovered Rome Total War
    Introduction Modding

Until i joined TWC i didn't had any knowledge about Modding, in fact i didn't even knew what that was, until i got RTW and M2TW (not that far apart), i got into the really basics of modding, by editing the most basic files, into a deeper level of modding

Modding Projects:

I've been member of many mods, many died, many are under progress, some are out

Here's a List of the Main Mods i'm a Member/Creator of, or helped in one way or another (and thus being credited for:

Released:

Unreleased Projects i'm Member of:

My Gems:

L'Outremer Work Pack for Modders

This unfinished project of mine was released as an unplayable mod, however it was released with the intent that it might be useful for modders, as it features a huge number of features, most finished, some were under work. It's the result of 2 years of work, most, if not almost everything of the work inside was made by me.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...11#post8714811

List and Preview of the main features is included

My Current Project

Shizoku no Senso

SnS is a project that aims to bring Medieval Japan to M2TW engine:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1650

1st Preview:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=387956

Tutorials and Help

I like to help everyone i can, so i tend to be on the workshops every now and then.

Besides the normal help, i also wrote some tutorials:

Other Mentions and Cool stuff:

besides being an active member of TWC, I'm also an active member at the Portuguese Community/Thread, and i own a little thread to show-off my 2D skills

seen here:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=240853

however i have never won any of the Graphic Competition, i've submited a few dozen of projects to it, some highly praised

Interview about Shizoku no Senso for the ES:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=413579

Not sure if this is worth anything, but i've been approached by a handful of members asking if i wanted to be patronized.
    Last edited by cedric37; January 15, 2011 at 03:16 PM.
    Patronized by y2day/Patron of KDK, Swagger & Navajo Joe, of the Imperial House of Hader

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

Default Re: Applicant: Swagger [Patron: cedric37]

I will be the first to comment, then.

A hearty yes for this applicant. While he may have some niggling attitude issues, his modding work is solid and he deserves the artifex rank. Going to say yes when the poll appears.

I agree with Legio, there are some little attitude problems that I have seen issue with.. Otherwise I know he is a very solid modder.

Moderation issues?

y2day's Avatar TWC STORE NOW OPEN!
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

There is a bit of a problem but Swagger is s sold modder. I would like his infraction history if there is one. I already feel I will be tough on this as he will be pledged into the House of Hader, maybe I should abstain. Will see if I can rise above that.....

TWC Graphics Workshop Art Competition!!!
    MEMBER OF THE IMPERIAL HOUSE OF HADER

Content Emeritus

Don't be afraid to speak up, Y.

No warnings since 2009, but there's a list of them. That's why I felt a little wary when I first read his application. He has had issues in the past but I think he's grown up a bit.

Ummm.. I would like to raise a certain matter but I feel uncomfortable doing so in such public light.

I have to dig through some real old PM's to refresh myself on a certain incident. I'm not sure if I'm remebering correctly so no worries. I have worked with Swagger in the past and he is a very good modder and on those merits alone I feel it is a yes for me, but I must check everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Major Darling View Post
    Ummm.. I would like to raise a certain matter but I feel uncomfortable doing so in such public light.
    Oh I just realized this thread was public. Anyway this post is a perfect example of why I voted no to transparency. Is there a non tedious way to inform the rest of us what you're thinking? Right now I am on the fence, leaning yes. Just need to account for these nagging feelings I have (that very may well come to nothing)

Ill post in the chat thread

Content Emeritus

Would that not defeat the point of transparency, Major?

Default Swagger

Basically, when I was editor for the Eagle Standard, we interviewed Swagger:. It was ok a t first nd then he began to threaten both me and a writer.. He said if I dont let him see the mod review so he can edit out what he didn't like, he didn't give us permission to write about it. He began to bully the reporter over msn until I had to get involved.. He then told me he would go to my bosses and get me in trouble. It was for these reasons he was rejected from applying to content staff.

He also attacked me tonight on msn for saying he had attitude problems and was trying to convince me to vote yes. I blocked him.

It involves SND, Legio.

Posted in thread.

Default Re: CdeC Chat Thread

Swagger had some real trust issues after a friend of his on TWC got "run off" (if I'm remembering correctly). I have worked with him and think he has grown up quite a bit in the last year or so.

How long ago was this MD?

3 weeks ago, the vote pressure was an hour ago

What do you mean, "Run off"

Hell I don't know. I think the guy got pissed off and said he would never return to TWC. Swagger took it personel.

My concern was his Graphic Competition incedent. He was caught asking for votes in his first graphic comp. in the Graphic Workshop. I think was like almost 2 years ago. He was suspended from the forum for 5 weeks or so. He said he wasn't aware of the rule at the time. (This has happened with others, the penelty was servere looking back, it was our first problem) We haven't had any problems out of him since. Atleast none that have been brought to our attention. He has never won a graphic comp. If he would have I would investigate. He PM'd me shortly after I posted in his app thread. I reminded him of the issue and he replied, insuring me that he has grown up a lot and his moderator history should back that up.

His modding contributions are good..... I don't know yet.

Edit: I don't know if "run off" is my words or his. Will have to look through PM's. I am out the door right now. see you guys.
    Last edited by y2day; January 15, 2011 at 06:42 PM.

Content Emeritus

The real question is whether or not his substandard behavior outweighs the modding.

Mega Tortas de Bodemloze's Avatar Let's Get After It
    Fort Hood, Texas/Parramatta, New South Wales, Bristol, Tennessee

I'll be abstaining for these proceedings.
    A Lion serves in Winter, then perhaps a Unicorn for the Spring.

If you cannot stand behind what you say.... then do not speak. If your words are taken out of context,
    then the weight of the evidence will still fall in your favor and carry the day

The Casual Tortoise: Mega's Guide to Fast Turtling

Mega Tortas de Bodemloze's Avatar Let's Get After It
    Fort Hood, Texas/Parramatta, New South Wales, Bristol, Tennessee

To answer the mob screaming as to why I have abstained from these preecedings....

The applicant has posted on my page. That gives the perception of..."conlussion".

Free advise: When one submits an application to the CdeC for review, do not attempt to engage in any type of banter or communication. In this case, I have a personal relationship with Swagger, and what happened will be percieved as...."Colussion."
    A Lion serves in Winter, then perhaps a Unicorn for the Spring.

If you cannot stand behind what you say.... then do not speak. If your words are taken out of context,
    then the weight of the evidence will still fall in your favor and carry the day

The Casual Tortoise: Mega's Guide to Fast Turtling

Should I abstain as well? he pm'd me........

Hell I planned to PM him myself once I had done some digging. If anyone thinks I can not make an objective decision because I received a PM I will gladly discuss it with you. Come on...................

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast