Thread: Rome: Total Gameplay (RTG)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Rome: Total Gameplay (RTG)

Rome: Total Gameplay

Introduction

Rome: Total Gameplay (RTG) is an unofficial modification to Rome: Total War (RTW), which is compatible with a vanilla (i.e. unmodified / unedited) version of RTW v1.5.

Features - Summary

* Gameplay balancing, in particular to the AI.

* Improved battles versus the AI that will now last greater periods of time, require more utilisation of tactics and skill.

* Over 40 new, unlocked and replaced units.

* Various factions and cultures can now construct more buildings, in particular Barbarian factions.

* Historical Battles now include the new / unlocked / replaced units accompanying this modification.

* Some relevant bug-fixes.

* Other general improvements.

NB: Regarding units, historical accuracy has been sacrificed to improve gameplay from its current state in vanilla RTW v1.5. However, the campaign map has been modified in an attempt to relocate / rename vanilla settlements to their historical locations. In addition, new settlements / regions will be constructed to keep the campaign map interesting.

Additional Information

For more in-depth details about RTG, please refer to the readme - this is located in a stickied topic at the top of the main RTG forum. Use the link in my signature to navigate there.

I'm looking for someone to create new Unit and Unit Info Cards for the mod. If you are interested in participating in the mod by creating these unit & unit info cards, or require further information, please reply here or alternatively send me a Private Message. Obviously you will need the correct software to create the cards, preferably Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro or 3DS Max, and previous experience of creating unit cards would be helpful.

I'm pretty much tied-up at the moment with Beta testing the imperial campaign, prologue and historical battles. Any help in creating the cards will be greatly appreciated, and you will receive credit in doing so.
    Last edited by Seasoned Alcoholic; February 03, 2006 at 09:40 AM. Reason: Updated
    Creator and developer of Rome: Total Gameplay (RTG), an unofficial mod for vanilla RTW v1.5
    For news and updates, check out the RTG Subforums
    RTG v1.0 (Self-Extracting ZIP)
    RTG v1.0 (EXE Installer)
    A veteran FPS & Strategy gamer, currently playing Day of Defeat (DoD) & Football Manager 2007.
    Looking forward to the release of Command & Conquer 3: The Tiberium Wars.