Page 24 of 49 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728293031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official WIP Screenshot Thread

Default Re: The Official WIP Screenshot Thread

Others are being planned. But as you know being planned and being completed are quite different things. We'll see how things go.

That's all I wanted to know, thanks for this fast answer .

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

Ussaid the Hashshashin's Avatar Ordinarius

Do all the levels be reachable and "non-buggish" and will the dragons(or whatever they were but I remember Nordor using(forgive my mistake I am ordering my copy of novels)) to reach the top floor directly?
    The Face of Murder

"Have any of you ever felt your imagination going wild reading ancient lore?"

There’s no dragons in the FA:TW and so far Elves were non-playable in the campaign map (there certainly were no Noldor in the mod). I assume you have just mistaken this mod with the Lord of the Rings: Total War mod. Fell beasts appear there and their early version of Minas Tirith was a bit buggy.

If we know one thing about FA:TW team is that they are perfectionists (in a positive way) and there’s no way that they will publish non-finished product. So, you can expect non-buggy, all levels reachable Minas Tirith.

Basileos Predator's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Jagmodo View Post
    There’s no dragons in the FA:TW and so far Elves were non-playable in the campaign map (there certainly were no Noldor in the mod). I assume you have just mistaken this mod with the Lord of the Rings: Total War mod. Fell beasts appear there and their early version of Minas Tirith was a bit buggy.

If we know one thing about FA:TW team is that they are perfectionists (in a positive way) and there’s no way that they will publish non-finished product. So, you can expect non-buggy, all levels reachable Minas Tirith.
    I totaly agree.The team works and makes everything perfect.DOM is to be perfect at release and nothing less is to be acceptable for the team.
    From what i know, Smaug the Golden was the last Dragon in Middle Earth and the Fellbeasts would have either been killed or left east at the downfall of Sauron so they cannot be present in DOM.
    BTW maybe this has been asked before, but do you plan to insert any ents in the mod?they could be very useful to the limited number elves.

Nope, no plans to introduce Ents.

Ah, now I see, Nordor = Mordor, not Noldor. Note to myself: Don't stay too long awake and post.

Quote Originally Posted by Predator1994 View Post
    From what i know, Smaug the Golden was the last Dragon in Middle Earth and the Fellbeasts would have either been killed or left east at the downfall of Sauron so they cannot be present in DOM.
    Well, Smaug was maybe the last great dragon but certainly not in the professor’s mythology the last of all dragons:

Quote Originally Posted by The letters of J.R.R. Tolkien, 144 To Naomi Mitchison
    They had not stopped; since they were active in far later times, close to our own. Have I said anything to suggest the final ending of dragons? If so it should be altered. The only passage I can think of is Vol. I p. 70 : ‘there is not now any dragon left on earth in which the old fire is hot enough’. But that implies, I think, that there are still dragons, if not of full primeval stature…
    He’s intention was to have dragons living well into our times (certainly into Middle Ages).
    BTW maybe this has been asked before, but do you plan to insert any ents in the mod?they could be very useful to the limited number elves.
    Having Ents as regular “battle beasts” would be highly against the lore as they would not meddle in the affairs of other creatures if they would not be directly threatened. The affair in The Two Towers was really an exception and was referred as “The Last March of the Ents”. And with time probably even more of them become “treeish”.

P.S. Regarding the Fell beasts in the movies their design was (also) quite inaccurate. They would look more like pterosaur.
    Last edited by Jagmodo; October 28, 2012 at 05:23 AM.

Well, about dragons, i said he was the last in Middle earth(the area of DOM campain map.Yes, there were dragons in ARDA, but not in the "known world".
    As of ents, imagined them as an gameplay enhance feature, not lore.Consider it never said.

Ussaid the Hashshashin's Avatar Ordinarius

Oh, yes of course Mordor, well my LoRDs will be arriving soon so don't worry(yet I think that the Elder Scrolls universe are better).
    The Face of Murder

"Have any of you ever felt your imagination going wild reading ancient lore?"

Revelo's Avatar Decanus

I come back and find an image of Minas Anor?

DAYUM!!! Looks amazing!

Éorl's Avatar Domesticus

The current WIP of different lighting conditions for different weathertypes per climate/season, here Fertile Grassland, autumn (winter) at midday. It always bugged me how weather events like thunderstorms or overcast skys had the same bright lighting as a clear day, so I changed this. Downside: This weatherevent/daytype setup does not work properly with chosing a weathersetting in custom battles, only with random weather in custom battles, and in campaign, of course.

clear day or some clouds:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

overcast sky:

thunderstorm or heavy rain:

Also, I've finished my basic elf mesh, rigged und neatly uv-mapped. Here's some WIP screenies. Note that a lot of detail work also went (and currently still is going) into the vegetation, the second screenie is deliberately undercranked to give you an impression of the iproved canopies (here: Fertile Grassland). Please bear in mind that this unit is a test - textures are bound to change a bit (for example: I need to make some elven-style belts). All elven model variations are easily derived from this basic mesh by adding different weapons and tweaking elements like the helmet.

I read this so called Bible, and found it to be a third rate story in which this so called 'jesus' is nothing more than a shameless lampooning of Brian, which has inspired joy and laughter in millions.
    -unknown YouTube user

Beorn's Avatar Praepositus

nice stuff

Éorl's Avatar Domesticus

I need to add that the elves are totally WIP regarding their textures!
    I read this so called Bible, and found it to be a third rate story in which this so called 'jesus' is nothing more than a shameless lampooning of Brian, which has inspired joy and laughter in millions.
    -unknown YouTube user

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

I love the skies. Very atmospheric.

Éorl's Avatar Domesticus

The cloudtextures are WIP, too - they are the alpha-channelled vanilla cloud textures tweaked and with texture added. That way you get textured clouds instead of the vanilla flat ones, and they interact nicely with the sun's gloom light, especially during dusk and dawn.
    -unknown YouTube user

It is just impossible not to like those screenies.Thank you!

Fantastic, love these screenies.

Those screenshots are awe inspiring. Really well made weather effects that look very authentic. Same thing is with vegetation which you made with time even better and better.

And we finally see the Elves and they don’t look too effeminate . Seriously, really good work indeed.

As you are working on the Elves does this mean that you have (almost) done other faction’s units? You have said that you will work on the Elves last...
    Last edited by Jagmodo; November 13, 2012 at 05:04 PM.

Very colorful textures, beautiful models. Reminds me LotR:War of the ring.

Éorl's Avatar Domesticus

As you are working on the Elves does this mean that you have (almost) done other faction’s units? You have said that you will work on the Elves last...
    No. On the unit model front, our modelling team consists of me, me, and me . I've decided to work on the elves now so that we can be sure that they will be done. I'm also creating a few new dale models, and maybe some more for different factions. I'll preview the new Dale models soon, as well as some greatly improved/redone signature environments like Fangorn and Lorien.
    -unknown YouTube user