Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [RS 2.1a] RS II Four Turns per Year v1.1

chris10's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: [RS 2.1a] RS II Four Turns per Year v1.1 -UPDATED WITH BATTLE FIX

Quote Originally Posted by toluas View Post
    Trait Winter_Campaigning
    Characters all
    AntiTraits Summer_Campaigning, Winter_Warrior_Germans, Diplomat_Winter_Movement_Germans, Spy_Winter_Movement_Germans, Assassin_Winter_Movement_Germans, Winter_Warrior_Sarmatians, Diplomat_Winter_Movement_Sarmatians, Spy_Winter_Movement_Sarmatians, Assassin_Winter_Movement_Sarmatians

Level Winter_Campaigning_Season
    Description Winter_Campaigning_Season_desc
    EffectsDescription Winter_Campaigning_Season_effects_desc
    Threshold 1

Effect MovementPoints -20
    Well, true ...I forgot about the trait method
    Unfortunately the movement points are partly hardcoded and all units start with the same amount which is 80...raising this amount over 100 makes the game buggy and you have to use the trait method.
    Nevertheless the trait method is highly complicated and supposes a massive amount of work as this requieres lots of entrys in lots of files to assure that the winter trait is only effective in winter...so every year has to have 4 entrys with the corresponding trait triggers in the export_descr_character_traits.txt to make sure the traits are temporaily and only have effect in either summer or winter...RSII has 638 turns...with 4tpy it is 1276...that means 1276 triggers have to be written just for the export_descr_character_traits.txt...
    furthermore this needs additional entrys in the following files export_descr_VnVs_enums, export_VnVs, descr_strat ...not sure I if I forgot one...
    comparing the relative low strategic impact on gameplay this is nothing more than a bauble

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan 666 View Post
    Actually it is possible to reduce winter movement points. This can be done by scripting, like all these kind of things (supplies, senate offices, etc).
    not really convinced about this... apparently not...there is no script condition check for how much movement points a unit has left neither there is an existing condition check for the season neither there is a console command for give a generic undefined character movement points. For use console_command mp -20 you need to have the specific name of the Character, problem with this is that there is no event/condition check which could check for all characters names who are currently on the map and there would be no way to make the script interactive and use changing character names to reduce or improve movement points...
    Instantly I can not think of any possibility to reduce the movement points under certain conditions by script...
    The trait method would be the way to do it
    Last edited by chris10; January 12, 2011 at 06:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chris10 View Post
    Nevertheless the trait method is highly complicated and supposes a massive amount of work
    It was just my two cents; winter movement is indeed a nice addition in Bare Bones, but sadly one that's easily overlooked...considering the massive amount of work involved.

So then... how does this thing works? i did the copying and pasting/overwrite. But i think my ing steam :wub: sucks donkey balls? i hate steam man. well all in all i played the game and i still get 2 tpy. i cant seem to make the icon of rs2 to play.. the part where u choose which faction u wana be.. if ur playing steam or not.. i just play directly from steam and i think thats causing the ing problem. Im gona hunt for the cd of this game once and for all AND YOU MOTHER ING STEAM!

lmao all the wubbs ^!!!

But really, where are the map.rwm files?
    Last edited by Promet; February 06, 2011 at 05:44 PM.

@ Cowellini: I guess that's some Steam-related problem. I hate Steam to death and I would prefer allowing 57 trojans to infest my PC rather than installing that useless program. I have no idea how to solve your issue.

@ Promet: they are inside the campaign data folders.

So in the play_rome_one_turn file there is one map.rwm file that I delete?

Yes. Open the Roma Surrectum main folder, type map.rwm in the Windows Search window and you will get all the files with their paths.

Just a bump to inform you that this submod won't receive any updates directly from me, at least not for the very next months. Reasons are explained here. So, compatibility with future releases of RS II is not guaranteed.

Of course, you are free to update this submod and make it compatible with future releases, you can use this thread to share it with others.

A big thanks goes to everyone who liked this humble submod of mine.
    Last edited by Spartan 666; March 20, 2011 at 05:00 PM.

i cant get it to work.. detailed installation please.. i'm a newbie to all this.. n i would really like to play 4 turns. thanking u in advance.

btw how do i do this 'activate the RS II main background script'
    Last edited by jiyefuuu; April 06, 2011 at 01:00 AM.

Verael's Avatar Foederatus

Default Re: [RS 2.1a] RS II Four Turns per Year v1.1

Is it possible to make this submod for 2.5?

I have a question. Will there be a version of this mod for RS 2.5?

Regards
    AntigonosDoson

Primo's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Click the link in my sig for the 2.5 4tpy script.

dimnjacar's Avatar Civis

still playing 2.1a nice to have proper 4tpy.. thanks!

cheers

mphet's Avatar Libertus

hey, Spartan 666, can you make this 4 turns script for RS 2.5?

Silius Saurus's Avatar Biarchus

Europa Barbarorum uses 4tpy (winter, spring, summer, fall) and a winter campaign limitation. It'd be worth someone's time to inquire with them as to how it was done. I believe that it was done with traits. The script entered the campaigning season on the character's traits.
    "If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it properly". -- Nick Lappos

quick question ... is it possible to have more than 4tpy?
    "Siehst du in des Waldes Grün feindlicher Gewehrmaschin?"
    - Peronje

"Der NKWD in Russland, der SD im Deutschland des Dritten Reiches und alle anderen Geheimpolizeiorganisationen ähnlicher Art sind Spielwiesen für Psychopathen, für Usurpatoren illegaler Macht über Millionen.
    Dort liegen die Krebsherde der modernen Gesellschaft."

aus "Holt Hartmann vom Himmel" Motorbuch Verlag Spezial 2007

Silius Saurus's Avatar Biarchus

I don't see why not. You should factor in building costs to reflect the accurate time that it takes to build a particular building, otherwise everything is out of wack.
    "If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it properly". -- Nick Lappos

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12