Thread: [Update 2019/08/11 V 5.6!] The Historical Units Region Buildings Mod! (6 New Factions/ Units/ Map / Buildings)

RollingWave's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: [V 4.2!] The Historical Units Region Buildings Mod! (2 New Factions/ Units/ Map / Buildings) Update 4/23

Quote Originally Posted by napoleonic View Post
    that does not work, when I start a new campaign it thrown me back to single player menu
    bah, my bad, you have to set comming of age at 14 of it's not going to work because a few charactor start at age 14.

try this
    1180, an unprecedented period of peace and prosperity in East Asia, it's technology and wealth is the envy of the world. But soon conflict will engulf the entire region with great consequences and lasting effects for centuries to come, not just for this region, but the entire known world, when one man, one people, unites.....

Default Re: [V 4.2!] The Historical Units Region Buildings Mod! (2 New Factions/ Units/ Map / Buildings) Update 4/23

also, a quick look at the rough PSF placement in the balkans...

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Only Croatia really left undone in there now.. should get it done tomorrow.
    1180, an unprecedented period of peace and prosperity in East Asia, it's technology and wealth is the envy of the world. But soon conflict will engulf the entire region with great consequences and lasting effects for centuries to come, not just for this region, but the entire known world, when one man, one people, unites.....

am I right that the rest of the map does not have any PSF yet? why balkan first?

and I've just realized that you already frozen the pope, haven't you? from what I've seen it sometimes result in italian factions or hre took over rome and the pope went somewhere, and it practically remove the whole pope election, one less fun IMO... I wonder what will happen if I gift regions to the papacy though?

Balkan is just a test to see how AI handles it and if Crusades can make it through without getting badly stuck.

that being said, in my games crusades were far more rarely happened after you froze the papacy...

I think it's better to have papacy activated again, just remove the morale lock on their special units, and/or make them uber rare like just 1 every 100 turns or something, and/or nerf their special units...
    Last edited by napoleonic; May 26, 2012 at 02:12 PM.

yeah, I froze the pope for another reason though after testing the script it seems that it 's actually unneccesary, we'll see. if i'm sure i'll unfreeze it soon.

VektorT's Avatar Biarchus

It doesn't work with RC or I should be able to recruit every single unit from the start?
    Last edited by VektorT; May 26, 2012 at 08:26 PM.

Andytheplatypus's Avatar Domesticus

RW as far as the PSF's go is there going to be a way to go around them or will you (and the ai) be forced to take that instead of skipping straight to the main city/fortress?

Quote Originally Posted by Petrobras View Post
    It doesn't work with RC or I should be able to recruit every single unit from the start?
    yes, in this submod you are indeed able to recruit almost all units from feudalism building lines right from the start although it actually in fewer quantity and slower replenishment pool

VektorT's Avatar Biarchus

yes, in this submod you are indeed able to recruit almost all units from feudalism building lines right from the start although it actually in fewer quantity and slower replenishment pool
    Hmmm... Honestly that does not inspire me. But I think this is a great mod and I will give it a try.
    I suppose that as you evolve your barracks, the replenishment becomes faster, right?

Hmmm... Honestly that does not inspire me. But I think this is a great mod and I will give it a try.
    I suppose that as you evolve your barracks, the replenishment becomes faster, right?
    Yes, because in medieval time armies are never trained by types anyway, if you summon a knight or whatever other type of vassal (tribal chiefs etc) he's going to come with all this retinue, there's no logic at all in being able to bring sergeant spearmen but not say... crossbowmen (who are usually sergeants as well). let alone turkish horse archers but not their dismounted versions, as if they don't know how to just get off their horse without an archery range or barrack. some units still need different buildings like siege of course, and AOR units change variety is quite noticable.

Quote Originally Posted by Andytheplatypus View Post
    RW as far as the PSF's go is there going to be a way to go around them or will you (and the ai) be forced to take that instead of skipping straight to the main city/fortress?
    well aside from sea landings, if the PSFs are defended it should mean that you'll have to fight through them. though the downside is that PSF can't stand siege as long, while you may consider if spliting your army is a good idea or not. but not getting your main settlement sieged is obviously usually preferable if only due to economics.

that being said, in my games crusades were far more rarely happened after you froze the papacy...

I think it's better to have papacy activated again, just remove the morale lock on their special units, and/or make them uber rare like just 1 every 100 turns or something, and/or nerf their special units...
    What would you estimate Crusade frequency is with Papacy frozen? I really dislike the frequency of Crusades currently where in 1 campaign there are often every 30 turns which wouldn't be so bad except Crusade is successful 95% of the time and is on Catholic targets 1/3 of the time which really distorts history. It would be nice if not every single faction went on Crusade. I'm looking to see if there is a way to send the Crusade mission only to factions on really bad or really good terms with Papacy while those in the middle range don't have to go.

Cause it seems it is either that or severely restrict Crusade targets.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichon View Post
    What would you estimate Crusade frequency is with Papacy frozen? I really dislike the frequency of Crusades currently where in 1 campaign there are often every 30 turns which wouldn't be so bad except Crusade is successful 95% of the time and is on Catholic targets 1/3 of the time which really distorts history. It would be nice if not every single faction went on Crusade. I'm looking to see if there is a way to send the Crusade mission only to factions on really bad or really good terms with Papacy while those in the middle range don't have to go.

Cause it seems it is either that or severely restrict Crusade targets.
    well I removed Crusade tag on Frankfurt which should at leats somewhat migitate that, though other aspect of Crusade seem to be pretty hard coded.

The manual for Bellum Crucis said the modders had been able to make PSFs yield income (or at least I think it was Bellum Crucis). I haven't gotten that mod yet, but maybe someone will know how they did it. If it's too complicated, it's not really worth doing. We'll just consider the free upkeep to be income.

Can the number of free_upkeep_units afforded by a PSF be modified? And can it be set to 0?

I feel like I asked about PSFs elsewhere, but I can't remember where. Oh yeah, in the DOTS forum.

The Great Seljuks from BC 2.02 were turned into the Seljuks of Iraq in 2.3 and were broken up some more for 3.0. Now you have Azerbaijan, Fars, Kerman and Mazandaran.

Quote Originally Posted by RollingWave View Post
    well I removed Crusade tag on Frankfurt which should at leats somewhat migitate that, though other aspect of Crusade seem to be pretty hard coded.
    Yeah Crusades are frustrating since so much is hard coded, that is why I am curious if frozen Papacy reduces the Crusade called frequency. So far I can't see how to have some factions not join Crusade but other to do so... even excommunicated factions usually join.

Quote Originally Posted by k/t View Post
    The manual for Bellum Crucis said the modders had been able to make PSFs yield income (or at least I think it was Bellum Crucis). I haven't gotten that mod yet, but maybe someone will know how they did it. If it's too complicated, it's not really worth doing. We'll just consider the free upkeep to be income.

Can the number of free_upkeep_units afforded by a PSF be modified? And can it be set to 0?

I feel like I asked about PSFs elsewhere, but I can't remember where. Oh yeah, in the DOTS forum.

The Great Seljuks from BC 2.02 were turned into the Seljuks of Iraq in 2.3 and were broken up some more for 3.0. Now you have Azerbaijan, Fars, Kerman and Mazandaran.
    BC 2.x and later's time frame starts after the destruction of the Great Seljuks so that makes sense. but in 1100 not having the Great Seljuks would make about as much sense as removing the Holy Roman Empire.

PSF's free upkeep slot can change, but can't vary between different onces. making money can be done in a number of ways, but most ways will be annoying one way or another, the main key is to use charactor ending/starting their turn near particular tiles (aka the PSF tiles) and give money base on that, the problem is that because the money is given by console command the AI will almost surely have a ton of probelm recognizing it.

At this point of testing i think just having the 3ish upkeep slot should be quite sufficent, becuase the penalty of letting the enemy holding it is quite serious. and 9-18 ish upkeep slot can add up to a TON of money for just one region, let alone for many.

Also, one aspect to note is that because I will have a raiding script in 5.0 and also turn up devastation GREATLY (at least double if not triple the current factor). it is highly preferable to not even let enemies get into your territory, which means those PSFs holding border crossings and stuff are highly useful. and like wise, if your going to raid into enemy territory holding their PSF is helpful if only as a rally point. and of course if you let small groups of brigades / rebels take PSFs dislodging them will take longer and more damage will be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichon View Post
    Yeah Crusades are frustrating since so much is hard coded, that is why I am curious if frozen Papacy reduces the Crusade called frequency. So far I can't see how to have some factions not join Crusade but other to do so... even excommunicated factions usually join.
    with the current engine limit there isn't much disadvantage in joining the crusade... for one thing no catholic neighbor will be attacking you anyway at the point , joining give you a huge free upkeep bonus and you can hire a shiteload of awesome units virtually for free.
    Last edited by RollingWave; May 27, 2012 at 02:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RollingWave View Post
    bah, my bad, you have to set comming of age at 14 of it's not going to work because a few charactor start at age 14.

try this
    still don't work can't start a new campaign

plz try to read your log so I don't have to spend 30 hours on a wild goose chase to fix one minor problem Nap

I deleted the log, copied your campaign_db xml, opened the game, tried to start a new campaign that ended up thrown me back to SP menu, then exit

attached

beermugcarl's Avatar Decanus

probably somebody is too young to exist so maybe someone out there is 13 but meant to be walking around or 15 and meant to not exist.
    either way check the coming of age thing in your db that you downloaded. make sure its 14