Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: Roma Surrectum II: Suggestions, issues with One-Turn Campaign

NerZhulen's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: Roma Surrectum II: Suggestions, issues with One-Turn Campaign

From some reason Ephesos is unable to build curia hostilia after the fortress.

Hello.

I can't find the free greeks 1-turn campaign, it doesn't show on the selection screen.
    I chose the 1-turn campaigns mod on the launcher, I didn't check if every nation (except Rome oeuf corse) was available but no free greeks...

I play with Rome-TW exe, I've played Rome 1 turn, Rome 0 turn, Sparta 1 and 0 turn again, Chris10 FGE submod, everything's just fine except this... and I'd really like to try them greeks on 1 turn!

Am I missing something or is it just normal (i.e, there is NO free greeks 1-turn campaign)?

There is only a modfoldered 0turn-campaign. No 1turn unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by DeWitt8 View Post
    There is only a modfoldered 0turn-campaign. No 1turn unfortunately.

chris10's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Salahedin View Post
    Hello.

I can't find the free greeks 1-turn campaign, it doesn't show on the selection screen.
    I chose the 1-turn campaigns mod on the launcher, I didn't check if every nation (except Rome oeuf corse) was available but no free greeks...

I play with Rome-TW exe, I've played Rome 1 turn, Rome 0 turn, Sparta 1 and 0 turn again, Chris10 FGE submod, everything's just fine except this... and I'd really like to try them greeks on 1 turn!

Am I missing something or is it just normal (i.e, there is NO free greeks 1-turn campaign)?
    The greek cities have been playable in 1 turn campaigns on release RSII but that option got removed in patch 2.1.
    You can make them playable again by moving the faction name britons into the playable section above the non playable section in the descr_strat.txt file (see screeny) Attachment 145393
    located in the Play_One_Turn/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign folder.Then you take the old launcher from original release and launch the Greek Citites campaign from the launcher...voila...
    Last edited by chris10; March 01, 2011 at 05:58 PM.

Thanks Chris10, gonna try that
    is there a particular reason why they got removed in patch 2.1? a bit odd just to put them apart.

Quote Originally Posted by Salahedin View Post
    Thanks Chris10, gonna try that
    is there a particular reason why they got removed in patch 2.1? a bit odd just to put them apart.
    the faction was not meant to be played at all as it is scattered all around the map and sort of unbalanced for 1turn campaigns...

Paladin247's Avatar Biarchus

Had a CTD when trying to take Moraz Habukaz from Averni as Romans. Next time, auto resolved. This is only second city where I've had a problem.
    "With a population of around a million, Rome (in Claudius' time) was a vast city even by modern standards. It is worth pointing out that during the early Renaissance the population of Rome was no more than fifteen thousand-- living amid the ruins of a civilization that dwarfed their own. It was not until the nineteenth century that the population of Rome returned to the levels it had enjoyed under the Caesars. That is eloquent proof of the fact that human history is not a tale of steady progress towards greater knowledge and achievement." Simon Scarrow

RJA's Avatar Semisalis

I don't know if this is going to be fixed in the next patch. But in my Roman 1-turn campaign there still are a lot of small towns. I conquered Gaul, and the only 3 big cities there were the former capitals of the Averni and the Belgae and the Aedui city that starts relatively big. The rest are all around 450 people, with 3 around 2000-3000. For that reason, I end up fighting a lot of skirmisher cavalry, which get's boring after a while. I checked around with toggle fow and I see a lot of small town around the map.
    Just letting you know, as not many people seem to play 1-turn, and nobody seems to suggest things that could be improved about the 1-turn campaign.

RJA
    If men define situations as real, they are real in their consequences
    William Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by RJA View Post
    I don't know if this is going to be fixed in the next patch. But in my Roman 1-turn campaign there still are a lot of small towns. I conquered Gaul, and the only 3 big cities there were the former capitals of the Averni and the Belgae and the Aedui city that starts relatively big. The rest are all around 450 people, with 3 around 2000-3000. For that reason, I end up fighting a lot of skirmisher cavalry, which get's boring after a while. I checked around with toggle fow and I see a lot of small town around the map.
    Just letting you know, as not many people seem to play 1-turn, and nobody seems to suggest things that could be improved about the 1-turn campaign.

RJA
    I can confirm that this is already fixed for 2.2 and will no longer bug players

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

Quote Originally Posted by chris10 View Post
    I can confirm that this is already fixed for 2.2 and will no longer bug players
    You mentioned it was a faulty script before, so I assume you did it?

Quote Originally Posted by NerZhulen View Post
    From some reason Ephesos is unable to build curia hostilia after the fortress.
    just want you to know i watched your little game thing like 5 times loling every time.... now for actual feedback... i haven't really played much 1 turn but it does sound nice (ended up here trying to figure out what 1 turn is...

Hi, I noticed that in one-turn non-roman campaigns the roman infantry units are reduced stats as well as in a campaign when the player plays for Rome, it sucks, I want to challenge and strong frightening Rome as in 0-turn campaigns
    Last edited by Budkyns; November 12, 2012 at 02:24 PM.

deleted
    Last edited by philip w.; November 06, 2014 at 05:53 PM.

High Fist's Avatar Vicarius

Well dammit, you necro'd the page now say something worth discussing!
    The only self-discipline you need is to finish your sandwiches

If there's one thing that amuses me, it's that the Wonders of the World are not really worth building. Most of the time the settlements are in negative "taxable income bonus %", so the only benefit is the 10% happiness.

But the Wonder Base building already gives you 10% happiness. So basically, build the base and reap the rewards (2000dn and 1 turn).

EDIT: The one is Rome is ok, since if you're playing as rome that settlement has 140% taxable income bonus, but Pergamon etc won't get any benefit from upgrading the base.

Also, seems that you can only build monuments (like triumphal arches) after Marius comes around. Heh
    Last edited by Alavaria; November 06, 2014 at 09:28 PM.

Please lock.....
    "RTW/RS VH campaign difficulty is bugged out (CA bug that never got fixed) and thus easier than Hard so play on that instead" - apple

RSII 2.5/2.6 Tester and pesky irritant to the Team. Mucho praise for long suffering dvk'.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789