Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Roma starts as an Empire?

G Rider's Avatar Tiro

Default Roma starts as an Empire?

Curious why Roma starts as an Empire? I liked working for Sicily and Iberia....
    I'm not interested in winning an argument with a moron on the Internet. - G Rider

Default Re: Roma starts as an Empire?

It starts as a Republic.

Indefinitely Banned

I'm not that 'up' with the history at the moment, but Roma's holdings at the beginning of RS 2 are supposed to be historically accurate as of the battle of Cannae.

well sicily was taken by this time, and you only have but a foothold in iberia so you still have to work hard to conquer iberia

G Rider's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by c.ryo View Post
    It starts as a Republic.
    I didn't mean politically but territorially.
    I'm not interested in winning an argument with a moron on the Internet. - G Rider

ROFL Copter's Avatar Vicarius

Its later than the original game.

Jingles's Avatar Praefectus

I like it. It skips the annoying part. Conquering Sicily was dull, except for Syracuse, which is still controlled by the Greeks in RSII.

and really you only gained sicily and the greeks there are still very much alive

G Rider's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by sithlord447 View Post
    well sicily was taken by this time, and you only have but a foothold in iberia so you still have to work hard to conquer iberia

Any plans to start earlier and play as that fledgling state fighting for control of Italia and so on? Guess I'm so used to that roll for Roma in RS and EB than starting out as an Empire I get this weird feeling when the game starts as if someone else has been playing it while I was away!

Seriously though, the previous RS had me so much more engrossed playing Roma than RS II because I started out with so little and grew from there.

Hope this is considered. Thanks for the mod never the less.

you still hardly start out with anything though..? and also there are less settlements in italy so you basicly start with the same amount of cities?

G Rider's Avatar Tiro

you still hardly start out with anything though..? and also there are less settlements in italy so you basicly start with the same amount of cities?
    RSII starts Roma with 15 provinces, multiple armies, two large fleets (with quinquiremes that no port can build yet), and a large developed economy. I'm crushing everything in my path.

All I'm saying is in RSI like EB it was more engrossing for me to establishing those attributes by playing the game not starting out with them. ie RSI you had to become the empire before you had to maintain the empire that RSII starts with.

15 provinces-yes

muiltiple armies-no you start with basicly 3 and a half stacks total(including garrison), your stack in italy is most likely going to take causalties via hannible and the rebels so you are left with 2 2/3 stacks in sicily and iberia hardly enough to call muiltiple armies

fleet-no you start with 1 fleet? off rome with no quinquiremes

large economy- It has the potential, to be but you need to heavily invest first and as soon as you expand it sinks very rapidly

Indefinitely Banned

RSII starts Roma with 15 provinces, multiple armies, two large fleets (with quinquiremes that no port can build yet), and a large developed economy. I'm crushing everything in my path.

All I'm saying is in RSI like EB it was more engrossing for me to establishing those attributes by playing the game not starting out with them. ie RSI you had to become the empire before you had to maintain the empire that RSII starts with.
    Which mod are you playing? My Roma RSII started with one fleet, consisting of two of the lowest ship-type available. Then there was one army in Northern ITaly, which could easily get curhsed by Hannible and/or his reserve force in Genoa. Then there's the Army on Sicily, and then the colonies in Macedon and Iberia, both of which are hard to hold on to.

I get what your saying, in the sense that RSII has skipped a part of Rome's development, but there's so much to do, so much room to grow, and still the same peopel to fight, that it really doesn't make much of a difference. Especially with the roman rebellions thrown in, there's still that sense of acheivement, don't worry.

Medkirtys's Avatar Senator

You even crushed Hannibal and rebelion easily on H/H? If yes, you're a great player

G Rider's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Ibram View Post
    Which mod are you playing? My Roma RSII started with one fleet, consisting of two of the lowest ship-type available. Then there was one army in Northern ITaly, which could easily get curhsed by Hannible and/or his reserve force in Genoa. Then there's the Army on Sicily, and then the colonies in Macedon and Iberia, both of which are hard to hold on to.

I get what your saying, in the sense that RSII has skipped a part of Rome's development, but there's so much to do, so much room to grow, and still the same peopel to fight, that it really doesn't make much of a difference. Especially with the roman rebellions thrown in, there's still that sense of acheivement, don't worry.
    Take it easy there I don't have to feel the same as you do. I'm play 1 Turn and the start is different from what you've seen so far it would seem.

And all you are saying is that maintaining the Empire is interesting too. I didn't say it wasn't. I'm just more interested in developing it before maintaining it.

Quote Originally Posted by G Rider View Post
    Take it easy there I don't have to feel the same as you do. I'm play 1 Turn and the start is different from what you've seen so far it would seem.

And all you are saying is that maintaining the Empire is interesting too. I didn't say it wasn't. I'm just more interested in developing it before maintaining it.
    Again i say that its hardly an empire, as you still have soooo much expanding to do, having sicily already does not make rome and empire

G Rider's Avatar Tiro

15 provinces-yes

muiltiple armies-no you start with basicly 3 and a half stacks total(including garrison), your stack in italy is most likely going to take causalties via hannible and the rebels so you are left with 2 2/3 stacks in sicily and iberia hardly enough to call muiltiple armies

fleet-no you start with 1 fleet? off rome with no quinquiremes

large economy- It has the potential, to be but you need to heavily invest first and as soon as you expand it sinks very rapidly
    Basically you haven't played 1 turn. Where you start with 2 large fleets.

Still would like to develop the empire before maintaining it. But thanks for telling me that my feelings are missed placed.

The big Roman rebellion doesnt happen on 1 turn either does it?

Still would like to develop the empire before maintaining it. But thanks for telling me that my feelings are missed placed.
    alright so having a slightly larger fleet qualifies a nation as an empire

and no the rebellion happens i think around turns 3-13 but usally earlier rather than later

Indefinitely Banned

Yes, your feelings are misplaced. I think you should stop having feelings altogether. Just don't think. EVER.
    Last edited by Ibram; September 06, 2010 at 02:05 PM. Reason: dfgdf

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast