Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Are named Legions possible in RTW?

Lusted's Avatar Look to the stars

Default Re: Are named Legions possible in RTW?

Praetorain, you do not need to use the Bi.exe to get name dlegions, and only a few rovinces in my mod can train named legions so only a few regions have legion: (legion name)
    Creator of:
    Lands to Conquer Gold for Medieval II: Kingdoms
    Terrae Expugnandae Gold Open Beta for RTW 1.5
    Proud ex-Moderator and ex-Administrator of TWC from Jan 06 to June 07
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.
    Awarded the Rank of Divus for oustanding work during my times as Administrator.

True, tell us Gay!!!

Hey Lusted i have given a look to the TE descr_regions.txt and i have noticed that it was different from mine about the culture who founded the settlement. Mine had many Macedon while yours Romans_Julii. I have replaced the entries in my MM3 with those from TE and now the legion name function works!!!!
    Could have that "Macedon" the problem i have runned after all the week???

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

Praetorian, I'll keep you informed as you ask...I have been keeping all the changes and background separate from the actual implementation of the project so I can 'package' it. The other version offered by the fellow below your post, is for RTW v1.2....mine will be for RTW v1.5.

Up to this point, I have finished with the Legion One (Early Cohorts), the Urban Cohort, and the Primigenia conversion into 19-20 Legions so far, working on the Legion II setup next. Then, I'm going to create 11-12 Legions numbered 1-11 or 12, using the Hastati, Principe and Triarrii, with an AOR roughly around and in Italy.
    From what I can find (historically), there were literally hundreds of numbered Roman Legions, they just didn't have permanent names until after the reforms of Marius, because they were disbanded when they were no longer needed. So I think it's valid to have NUMBERED legions with no names using these Republican Legionairy models. But the same restrictions of training and reinforcement should, and will apply.

Also, I have started implementing further changes to 'DMB and EDU' so that each "Legion Set" will have four different model textures, using the Julii, scipii, brutii and senate textures. It'll be tight as far as the Hard Code limit in DMB, but I think I'll still have 4-5 units to play with, maybe more by getting rid of a few. (I've already used quite a few coverting Julii and Scipii to Greeks) Too bad there aren't like 300 openings!!

Yes i am interested in your work and moreover where are you taking all this skins???

Kaweh's Avatar Aerani

Wasn't it GAY's work we asked for? Anyway, interested in your work too. Just wanted to gat an answer out of GAY. He can't post such a preview and then disappear - that's unhuman and cruel!

K.K

SIBLESZ·CRANDAR·SIMETRICAL​·DARTH VADER·KAWEH·RAVEN DARKWING·KALOS
    · PROUD MEMBER OF ROMA SURRECTUM II ·

I agree with you K.K.

Patrician

Well, as far as the skins go, I've been using the 'Pre-post marian' package that RICZU released a while ago....for my own use.....and I have found (personal opinion, of course) these skins to be the most detailed, beautiful pieces of model artwork I've yet seen for the Romans. So of course, I'd have to get permission to release them with this. Also used the Modding Legions unit cards, and will try to 'rotate' them in sequence with the unit that gets built with the same skin..ie., scipii blue card with scipii model, etc. Just a lot of 'busy-work' getting all the Legion names right and working in-game. What I don't yet have are any nice skins for the next two Provincial Campaigns I'm working on....ie, 300-475AD era, and later. Had to pull a bunch of BI units out and add them to RTW to convert various factions to the BI ones. The 476-700AD campaign is basically done....but I hate the BI artwork and units.

I already know that many of the Imperial Legions were still on guard after the fall of the Western Empire, (one i can think of was still guarding the Danube River frontier even after the West had fallen) and I want to 'continue' them into the later years....bring them 'home' and incorporate them into the Eastern Empire. These were generally called 'pseudo-comitatenses' Legions because they were actually Roman Imperial Legions still in service well into the 500's and beyond. Then set up an AOR as well for these and the newer 'limitani' and 'Comitatensis' Legions.

Oh, and I should explain that this was done for a mod I'm working on called 'Roma Surrectum', for RTW v1.5, covering the time period roughly 300BC-to gun powder ..at which point, RTW itself goes extinct. For the period 300bc-23/4bc, I've renamed and reskinned Romans Julii and Scipii into the Kingdoms of Syracuse and Epirus.....so I'm basically free to use all their Roman skins as I please. I have discovered, however, that you can share a texture in DMB (which I didn't know at first) and have two or ? factions use the same skin at the same time. So, even if you had a four roman faction game, you could still just switch the skins around as I've done and have the same Recruitment plan for all roman factions. Might be a bit confusing on the battle map..heehee...but it will work.

I have discovered that not all regions in a map accept the entry legion: (legion name).
    Can you explain why???

I`m working now on LEG 3 : Relise Edition III .
    Will be ready for release in 3 - 4 days.

Thx. We are waiting for this.

Patrician

I'm curious to see your work also, Gay. Thank you.

No news from GAY about his legions. Anyone knows something about him or his work status?

The Lacedaemonian's Avatar Biarchus

what is he doing?
    Known As The Spartan At The ORG
    If You Dont Download These Spartans Will Destroy You!
    Current Version: 1.0 Next Version: Finished. (I Think) Updates,Patches,Extras,Mini-Mods

Feautures:New Units, Longer Battles,New Historical Regions In The Campaign Map, Lots Of New Reigons, Better Historcal Battles, More Buildings, And Much, Much, More
    Kaweh K's Artwork

nightwar's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by The Lacedaemonian
    what is he doing?
    You mean you havent read any of hes post in the topic you posted in?

The Lacedaemonian's Avatar Biarchus

well i saw that pic from the 3 page. dont really know what hes doing.
    Known As The Spartan At The ORG
    If You Dont Download These Spartans Will Destroy You!
    Current Version: 1.0 Next Version: Finished. (I Think) Updates,Patches,Extras,Mini-Mods

Feautures:New Units, Longer Battles,New Historical Regions In The Campaign Map, Lots Of New Reigons, Better Historcal Battles, More Buildings, And Much, Much, More
    Kaweh K's Artwork

nightwar's Avatar Ducenarius

Gay has a Mod.

Fashions now on the open testing.

It will be based on RTW v 1.9 (ALEX) .

Release in couple of days.

Hey what does it mean??

Any news GAY???

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast