Thread: RS II: Post your pictures here!

Icon1 Re: RS II: Post your pictures here!

Quote Originally Posted by tungri_centurio View Post
    just hit the rebellion,looks like they liked the eastrn part the most[IMG][/IMG] ps,can somebody explain me how i can to a picture of the map only
    Looks like you got work to do. Doesn't look as bad as some I've seen, but I've seen less get out of control real fast to the point you're hanging on by a hair. With no money to boot.

Keep us updated from time to time.
    Need your Rome itch scratched. Head for Total War: eras Forum. Your Empire Beckons.
    RS2,EB1,RTR,SPQR,Diadochi,RTH,Troy,IBFD,Hegemonia City States,77BC FRRE,more.
    EB2 needs modders. click The EBII Recruitment thread, mod Medieval 2 for ancient eras.
    (Now a community service announcement) Feel you're being cheated and deceived by bad game releases? Let us agree, no preorders from any company known to release incomplete games. Wait for the game to come out to decide. This will eventually cut down on bad releases and reduce forums that pit fellow gamers against one another.

tungri_centurio's Avatar Senator

Default Re: RS II: Post your pictures here!

@high fist. Yes post Marian armys,but most auxillia troops,only fighted a late praetorian legion and legio VII augusta that rebelled on me. i try the paint job but indeed if made larger it looks blurry.

@stackero yes i got lucky that i had CTD and forgot to save just after first rebellion hit me,that was more spread out over my empire.after taken this pic also half of gaul rebeled and 3 citys taken by the cimbri.i have 13 legions to take back my lands starting from Italy.most where there for getting the gold Armour upgrade.after my leader becomed imperator,the generals that lost their loyelty get it back.( had them all in a fort) no i have atleast my goodgenerals to lead my legions. Taken back almost al of iberia and Italy.
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. -Marcus Aurelius

High Fist's Avatar Vicarius

Won't have any pics till the weekend, but should play Armenia or Rome?

Armenia is more challenging, but I haven't yet experienced the second rebellion.

In the meantime, I've finally gotten Rome Total War's multiplayer to work. If any of yous want a battle sometime, hit me up.
    The only self-discipline you need is to finish your sandwiches

Quote Originally Posted by tungri_centurio View Post
    @high fist. Yes post Marian armys,but most auxillia troops,only fighted a late praetorian legion and legio VII augusta that rebelled on me. i try the paint job but indeed if made larger it looks blurry.

@stackero yes i got lucky that i had CTD and forgot to save just after first rebellion hit me,that was more spread out over my empire.after taken this pic also half of gaul rebeled and 3 citys taken by the cimbri.i have 13 legions to take back my lands starting from Italy.most where there for getting the gold Armour upgrade.after my leader becomed imperator,the generals that lost their loyelty get it back.( had them all in a fort) no i have atleast my goodgenerals to lead my legions. Taken back almost al of iberia and Italy.

So the goddess of fortune watches over you indeed, with a timely CTD. But still much fighting left to do.
    Need your Rome itch scratched. Head for Total War: eras Forum. Your Empire Beckons.
    EB2 needs modders. click The EBII Recruitment thread, mod Medieval 2 for ancient eras.
    (Now a community service announcement) Feel you're being cheated and deceived by bad game releases? Let us agree, no preorders from any company known to release incomplete games. Wait for the game to come out to decide. This will eventually cut down on bad releases and reduce forums that pit fellow gamers against one another.

Snow and Blood.

Winter approaches and five Roman cohorts with two light auxiliary cohorts disperse, foraging for supplies. Suddenly attacked by a large horde of Dacians, the scattered Romans sounded the call to form up and combine into a square, but the Dacians came on ferociously in great numbers from different directions.

The 3rd cohort quickly formed up and prepared to defend against a large charging force. The Centurion of the cohort signaled for the other cohorts to merge with his.

Pilum barrages decimates the first charge of howling barbarians.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Pilums decimate the second charge.

Slows the third charge.

The 3rd and the 4th cohorts link and hold their ground killing many, but the other cohorts have yet to link up leaving them all in a very perilous situation as more Dacians flood the battle field.

The 2nd cohort, still a good distance away from the other two cohorts, finds itself heavily outnumbered with another pack of Dacians closing fast from behind.

The 1st cohort was quick timing it to the other two cohorts when it saw the 2nd being flanked. It's Centurion hesitated, knowing it was vital to link up with the 3rd and 4th cohort to form a square.

The Centurion made a fateful decision,he was unable to watch the 2nd be butchered, he halted his formation and sounded the charge into the backs of the flanking Dacians. Surprising the enemy and killing many.

The 5th cohort on the far right flank is trying to fight its way to the others. But is slowly being surrounded.

The 3rd and 4th heavily attacked from the front are now flanked on their right as the 5th cohort is unable to link up on the right. But still, the Romans slaughter many as the horde's numbers seem endless.

The Centurion of the 5th cohort is killed and his optione takes command and in a bit of a panic, calls a full pull out and head for the other cohorts. Which means every soldier turns and runs as fast he can to the other cohorts.

Many a Roman were cut down from behind as they turned to run, for many of the Dacians weren't weighed down with armor. As the 5th retreated to the other cohorts they ran into the Dacians who were flanking the 3rd and 4th cohorts on their right. Things went bad to worse for the 5th, fighting the flanking force in front and now from behind, the Dacians that they had run from was on them with a new blood-lust of an obvious victory at hand.

What was left of all the cohorts had finally merged, but a square was difficult to form and the enemy was all around them. Countless barbarians killed, but too few Romans left to do any thing but fight back to back against a tidal wave of more howling death.

'Fight, fight, fight', the last Centurion repeated.

The circle of Roman Legionnaires grew smaller and smaller.

One legionnaire says in a gasping voice to an older veteran next to him. 'Maybe... we should.... surrender?'
    'Ha. Don't you know'? Said the veteran as he gutted a charging Dacian. 'Legionnarires do not surrender... they die'.

And they all continued to die to the sound of the victorious howling of their enemy.

If there is a moral to this story, it is; Never get caught with your 'Square' down!

Last edited by stackero; January 08, 2014 at 11:52 AM.

Is 1280x768 the highest res supported by the game? I have 1280x1024 monitor-can I display the game in 1080 res?in game options seem greyed out above 768. Ican play M2TW fine at 1080 res--was this changed going from Rome to Medieval?
    Thankyou.

Quote Originally Posted by jim600 View Post
    Is 1280x768 the highest res supported by the game? I have 1280x1024 monitor-can I display the game in 1080 res?in game options seem greyed out above 768. Ican play M2TW fine at 1080 res--was this changed going from Rome to Medieval?
    Thankyou.
    Edit: I see you found what you needed.

Good gaming
    Last edited by stackero; December 11, 2013 at 05:42 PM.

onmy6's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by stackero View Post
    Snow and Blood.

Winter approaches and five Roman cohorts with two light auxiliary cohorts disperse, foraging for supplies. Suddenly attacked by a large horde of Dacians, the scattered Romans sounded the call to form up and combine into a square, but the Dacians came on ferociously in great numbers from different directions.

The 3rd cohort quickly formed up and prepared to defend against a large charging force. The Centurion of the cohort signaled for the other cohorts to merge with his.

Pilum barrages decimates the first charge of howling barbarians.

Pilums decimate the second charge.

Slows the third charge.

The 3rd and the 4th cohorts link and hold their ground killing many, but the other cohorts have yet to link up leaving them all in a very perilous situation as more Dacians flood the battle field.

The 2nd cohort, still a good distance away from the other two cohorts, finds itself heavily outnumbered with another pack of Dacians closing fast from behind.

The 1st cohort was quick timing it to the other two cohorts when it saw the 2nd being flanked. It's Centurion hesitated, knowing it was vital to link up with the 3rd and 4th cohort to form a square.

The Centurion made a fateful decision,he was unable to watch the 2nd be butchered, he halted his formation and sounded the charge into the backs of the flanking Dacians. Surprising the enemy and killing many.

The 5th cohort on the far right flank is trying to fight its way to the others. But is slowly being surrounded.

The 3rd and 4th heavily attacked from the front are now flanked on their right as the 5th cohort is unable to link up on the right. But still, the Romans slaughter many as the horde's numbers seem endless.

The Centurion of the 5th cohort is killed and his optione takes command and in a bit of a panic, calls a full pull out and head for the other cohorts. Which means every soldier turns and runs as fast he can to the other cohorts.

Many a Roman was cut down from behind as they turned to run and as they were running, for many of the Dacians weren't weighed down with armor. As the 5th ran to the other cohorts they ran into the Dacians who were flanking the 3rd and 4th cohorts on their right. Things went bad to worse for the 5th, fighting the flanking force in front and now from behind, the Dacians that they had run from was on them with a new blood-lust of an obvious victory at hand.

What was left of all the cohorts had finally merged, but a square was difficult to form and the enemy was all around them. Countless barbarians killed, but too few Romans left to do any thing but fight back to back against a tidal wave of more howling death.

'Fight, fight, fight', the last Centurion repeated.

The circle of Roman Legionnaires grew smaller and smaller.

One legionnaire says in a gasping voice to an older veteran next to him. 'Maybe... we should.... surrender?'
    'Ha. Don't you know'? Said the veteran as he gutted a charging Dacian. 'Legionnarires do not surrender... they die'.

And they all continued to die to the sound of the victorious howling of their enemy.

If there is a moral to this story, it is; Never get caught with your 'Square' down!

Very nice up close and personal love it,

EDIT: tried to rep ya but apparently Ive got to share the love with others more first
    Last edited by onmy6; December 11, 2013 at 07:17 PM.

onmy6's Avatar Miles

Ok Playing as Armenia ATM my allies were the Ptolemaic Empire but they betrayed our alliance so I sent an army on a punitive strike against one of their cities when on the way I got ambushed by 2 of their armies

I set up a defensive formation first to see how they would deploy

enemy army 1 moves in my archers go to work

enemy attacks

enemy attacking while my reserve whats for second army

cav moves in or flank attack on army 1

my boys holding line well

Spearman hold formation and slowly move forward

Battle thickens

all in before second army arrives

getting into formation before second army onslaught

engaging second army

kill em all!

My cav intercept enemy cav

enemy pikemen hold outs getting slowly cut down HA

Ah my beautiful cavalry ride you beauties ride

OH the Horror

My beautiful cav kill the last hold outs, die you treacherous scum

Eat steel you heathen scum

HA Ha ha HAAAAA

Quote Originally Posted by onmy6 View Post
    Ok Playing as Armenia ATM my allies were the Ptolemaic Empire but they betrayed our alliance so I sent an army on a punitive strike against one of their cities when on the way I got ambushed by 2 of their armies

I set up a defensive formation first to see how they would deploy

enemy army 1 moves in my archers go to work

enemy attacks

enemy attacking while my reserve whats for second army

cav moves in or flank attack on army 1

my boys holding line well

Spearman hold formation and slowly move forward

Battle thickens

all in before second army arrives

getting into formation before second army onslaught

engaging second army

kill em all!

My cav intercept enemy cav

enemy pikemen hold outs getting slowly cut down HA

Ah my beautiful cavalry ride you beauties ride

OH the Horror

My beautiful cav kill the last hold outs, die you treacherous scum

Eat steel you heathen scum

HA Ha ha HAAAAA

Okay. Now that was awesome. Taste of victory is sweet indeed when you overcome two enemy armies on the same battlefield. Doubly so against traitors.

Send word back to the Capital. Your name and victory shall be celebrated and entered into the Book of Deeds of the history of Armenia forever.Let it be done. Let it be written.

Yeah, sometimes I get carried away.

Man, i'd loved to been able to mini cam that bloody battle, The close ups in that battle would've shamed Hollywood. One for the books. One to savor.

I'm more into up close pictures, but after seeing how awesome you did the overhead shots I have a new perspective.

Most excellent battle. Keep us updated on your campaign.

PS. If you start doing alot of closeups and if its not a big deal to you, you might turn off the green arrows for immersion factors. Making the scene as immersive as possible. Without it, you can still highlight the unit you click on, or even your whole army.

Example: This picture is great, it has the feel and look of violence and battle. Spears, dust, horses, battling men with axes and 'green arrows'. Adviser too. When writing in text it hard to relay emotions so please don't feel I'm being critical. Just a suggestion. The rest of the battle is fantastically panoramic. Don't lose these pictures.

Good gaming.

onmy6's Avatar Miles

Yeah true that Stack, you know I never noticed the green movement arrows, it's like my mind was blind to them for some reason, It's not until you pointed them out that I saw them, weird really anyways your dead right does detract from the over all experience I think

Right lads, I was away for a while, but I played Roma for a good few hours and I gotta say, I had a damn tough battle there.

A few pages ago I posted a battle against one of the four stacks of Cimbrii in the Cimbrian invasion of Italy. Well, the other three armies didn't move at all. In fact, they stayed completely immobile until the commander of that battle died peacefully at a ripe old age, acting as Propraetor of Macedonia.

Then they did move, to my horror! We were still neutral since that battle though, so I wasn't too worried... Still, looked like fun...

The Most Exhausting Battle I've Ever Fought on RSII

Here is the Germanic horde, gathered around Patavium.

The Senate has decided that they should be enslaved, the business made from them as a tourist attraction has died off over the last number of years, now they are of little use to us.

The Patrician Sextus Volumnius Gallus Amintinus has been chosen to lead the legions against the horde.

He leads three and a half thousand men against the six thousand Germanics. Half of the army is placed under the command of General Quintus, a plebeian but a hardened veteran and proven tactician.

The Army under Amintinus

The Army under Quintus

The Germans number six thousand, though are spread evenly amongst three tribes of even strength. Their army composition is all the same.

Dah Germanz

Ya know what? I'm not bothered writing up much, so many damn pictures.

The legion.

The Ligurian Cavalry on the left flank.

Ligurians skirmishing.

Germans doing the same on the right.

Equites Extraordinaire and the Legatus Legionis taking on the German light cav and Cimbrii nobles on the right.

Two cohorts rushing to reinforce as one unit of nobles pulls out of the fight.

Enveloping the other nobles.

Ligurians spot an isolated general on the left flank.

Boom! He dead.

Triumphant, they turn to the archers and skirmishers behind the infantry lines.

More damn nobles.

The far left flank is victorious! Hail the Ligurians!

Still fighting nobles on the right.

The left flank is free and ready to envelop.

But more are coming...

The last cohort in reserve charges into the fray.

Rolling the flank.

Even more on the left rout.

The Ligurians throw their javs into the fighting German's backs.

The General bravely holds off some Cimbrii nobles so the antesignanni can work on the infantry unmolested.

The Ligurians charge home.

Glorious rout. Damn but they gave us a bloody nose.

The Equites Extraordinaire return to the General's side.

General almost chases the nobles into a mass of infantry.

Said infantry are soon engaged.

And annihilated.

The remnants are swept up. Some archers and even some light cavalry remain out there, and hunt some wayward antesignanni from Quintus' army.

Naked fanatics show up.

And died.

Amazingly I got a synchronised charge against these Nobles with my AI allies. :O

Here's all that remained; a few infantry units and...

A general.

Even got my ballistae around the forest to fire on the general - they hadn't done much in this battle besides fire at some infantry blobs.

Gasp and shock! More units?

My god! More units!

Aaaaah!!!

The brave Ligurians charge the undefended archers.

The Legate, again engages some Cimbrii nobles with help of a cohort.

The antesignanni throw themselves at some approaching Noblemen on foot. They've got to hold them off!

Bear warriors absolutely chewing through this weakened cohort.

But the First is here to save the day!

Forgot about my Ligurians. They got bumrushed by the nobles and were routed.

Meanwhile, the ballista crew were also bumrushed. I got them out at least, but at a severe cost.

Wince.

The Legate (along with the governor of Patavium, Numerius Aemilius Paullus, who joined in after the first fight) desperately tries to bring these nobles to their knees. They were capable of bringing down even our cohorts in melee.

The Most Exhausting Battle I've Ever Fought on RSII - Continued

All of my army at this stage (not counting AI reinforcements).

This is bad, as we were outnumbered by nearly two to one.
    Certain of a defeat at this stage. I was raging.

The damn Cimbrii nobles... One unit on foot, one on horseback (the ones the Legates were charging last turn). Numerius Paullus and his much depleted bodyguard, along with two other depleted cohorts, try to take
    them on. We'll call this the right.

It is satisfying seeing those high born pricks being cut down.

Whats this? Success in the infantry fight
    on the left?

Whats this?! The AI is sending help to Paullus and his cohorts fighting the nobles?

God bless those men. Oh yeah, Paullus died in a charge, there goes the last of his bodyguard. Look at him fly...

A routed enemy unit returns... Bad news for us.

Here is what the last fight boils down to... Aminius is still alive.

The carnage of the day.

The final battle.

And it's victory!

And at such a cost.

Guess then what happened. Go on. Guess. Just ing guess.
    The ing game crashed!

@ High Fist - absolutely brutal, probably one of the best battles I've seen on here, perhaps a rep might help to ease the pain of the crash.
    “The hardest thing in the world is to assume the mood of a warrior. It is of no use to be sad and complain and feel justified in doing so, believing that someone is always doing something to us. Nobody is doing anything to anybody, much less to a warrior.” ― Don Juan
    "It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us the freedom to demonstrate. It is the soldier, who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag." -- Father Dennis Edward O'Brien, USMC

Quote Originally Posted by High Fist View Post
    Right lads, I was away for a while, but I played Roma for a good few hours and I gotta say, I had a damn tough battle there.A few pages ago I posted a battle against one of the four stacks of Cimbrii in the Cimbrian invasion of Italy. Well, the other three armies didn't move at all. In fact, they stayed completely immobile until the commander of that battle died peacefully at a ripe old age, acting as Propraetor of Macedonia.Then they did move, to my horror! We were still neutral since that battle though, so I wasn't too worried... Still, looked like fun...
    The Most Exhausting Battle I've Ever Fought on RSII
    Here is the Germanic horde, gathered around Patavium.The Senate has decided that they should be enslaved, the business made from them as a tourist attraction has died off over the last number of years, now they are of little use to us.The Patrician Sextus Volumnius Gallus Amintinus has been chosen to lead the legions against the horde.He leads three and a half thousand men against the six thousand Germanics. Half of the army is placed under the command of General Quintus, a plebeian but a hardened veteran and proven tactician.The Army under AmintinusThe Army under QuintusThe Germans number six thousand, though are spread evenly amongst three tribes of even strength. Their army composition is all the same. Dah GermanzYa know what? I'm not bothered writing up much, so many damn pictures.The legion.The Ligurian Cavalry on the left flank.Ligurians skirmishing.Germans doing the same on the right.Equites Extraordinaire and the Legatus Legionis taking on the German light cav and Cimbrii nobles on the right.Two cohorts rushing to reinforce as one unit of nobles pulls out of the fight.Enveloping the other nobles.Ligurians spot an isolated general on the left flank. Boom! He dead.Triumphant, they turn to the archers and skirmishers behind the infantry lines.More damn nobles.The far left flank is victorious! Hail the Ligurians!Still fighting nobles on the right.The left flank is free and ready to envelop.But more are coming...The last cohort in reserve charges into the fray.Rolling the flank.Even more on the left rout.The Ligurians throw their javs into the fighting German's backs.The General bravely holds off some Cimbrii nobles so the antesignanni can work on the infantry unmolested.The Ligurians charge home.Glorious rout. Damn but they gave us a bloody nose.The Equites Extraordinaire return to the General's side.General almost chases the nobles into a mass of infantry. Said infantry are soon engaged.And annihilated.The remnants are swept up. Some archers and even some light cavalry remain out there, and hunt some wayward antesignanni from Quintus' army.Naked fanatics show up.And died.Amazingly I got a synchronised charge against these Nobles with my AI allies. :O Here's all that remained; a few infantry units and...A general.Even got my ballistae around the forest to fire on the general - they hadn't done much in this battle besides fire at some infantry blobs.Gasp and shock! More units?My god! More units!Aaaaah!!!The brave Ligurians charge the undefended archers.The Legate, again engages some Cimbrii nobles with help of a cohort.The antesignanni throw themselves at some approaching Noblemen on foot. They've got to hold them off!Bear warriors absolutely chewing through this weakened cohort.But the First is here to save the day!Forgot about my Ligurians. They got bumrushed by the nobles and were routed. Meanwhile, the ballista crew were also bumrushed. I got them out at least, but at a severe cost.Wince.The Legate (along with the governor of Patavium, Numerius Aemilius Paullus, who joined in after the first fight) desperately tries to bring these nobles to their knees. They were capable of bringing down even our cohorts in melee.
    All of my army at this stage (not counting AI reinforcements).This is bad, as we were outnumbered by nearly two to one.
    Certain of a defeat at this stage. I was raging.The damn Cimbrii nobles... One unit on foot, one on horseback (the ones the Legates were charging last turn). Numerius Paullus and his much depleted bodyguard, along with two other depleted cohorts, try to take them on. We'll call this the right.It is satisfying seeing those high born pricks being cut down.Whats this? Success in the infantry fight on the left?Whats this?! The AI is sending help to Paullus and his cohorts fighting the nobles?God bless those men. Oh yeah, Paullus died in a charge, there goes the last of his bodyguard. Look at him fly...A routed enemy unit returns... Bad news for us.Here is what the last fight boils down to... Aminius is still alive.The carnage of the day.The final battle.And it's victory!And at such a cost.Guess then what happened. Go on. Guess. Just ing guess.
    The ing game crashed!

Okay now, just hold on. I thought I was good at this stuff and you guys are embarrassing me. Great battle, better than watching a 2 hour action move. Because the battles stir emotions, excitement and even fire the blood wanting more.

But damn, CTD, oh I know, makes you mad enough to chew nails and bleed iron. When I ran that test on 2.6 with my PC those were the kind of battles I sought out, especially if a siege was involved with multiple armies because that's where I recall having the most CTDs. You may have to turn off unlimited men on the battle field. Bummer

I fought several dozen of those fights blitzing as fast as I could and I never had a CTD. With this New PC. But I haven't sat down yet and played normally and allowing things to transpire. By the way, you do know about the way two expand your ram use, You know what I mean. Its that, I was hoping that helped me and my new pc to not have CTDs when I get deep into a campaign.

Well, It was still a hell of a battle and you got it in pictures. I find It can still be cool to later go back in a week or two and study my and you guys battles and still get enjoyment from them and likely learn something.

Take a bow High Fist. Damn the CTD, there should be a triumph awaiting you in Rome.

Peace and good tidings.

Thanks myth, it took a good hour and a half to fight out and when I saw that it had crashed... Facedesk. And thanks Stackero for the rep too. It soothes me. Look, a new fleur-de-lis!

Anyway, I autoresolved it again - I wasn't gonna fight that again. Got an average victory for that as well, I think I lost fewer men all around though. Whatchyou gonna do, I suppose.

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

High Fist : Do oyu have your anti-virus disabled or turned off, Auto save set to false?

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

tungri_centurio's Avatar Senator

damn such a CTD at that moment is good to trow your laptop against a wallgreat battle mate,+10rep if it was possible
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. -Marcus Aurelius

@dvk, I think so and yes. How do I disable the anti virus for RS? Think I did it ages ago but can't remember.

@Stackero, You ninja'd me and I didn't even notice. To be fair, I think the only reason I won was because the third army bugged out or, shall we say, "betrayed" the other tribes and stayed out of it. It doesn't really look like it, but I was under a fair deal of pressure in the first battle. Had I not the AI reinforcements I might have been able to take at most one of the armies out.

Thank you for your kind words and support over this CTD. This has been a very tough time for me, and I appreciate your considerations.

onmy6's Avatar Miles

Bloody hell mate, EPIC High Fist Epic, truly amazing battle and recap major effort gone it that, great stuff

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

Fighting this stacks in winter and in woods gives them +bonus. Respect!
    i did attack them in summer and stack by stack via night-attack, then suddenly the last stack disappeared into modern Slovakia
    bloody hell on earth