View Poll Results: Release the most stupid Beta ever?

Voters
82. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

39 47.56%
  • No! Finish it

43 52.44%

Thread: Batavia Total war - [Continued]

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Valkar's Avatar Senator

Default Batavia Total war - [Continued]

RELEASED BATAVIA TOTAL WAR OPEN BETA 0.4

The Open Beta Custom Battle Only version of BataviaTW has been released!

Features:
    - 9 playable factions based on the Netherlands in Roman times.
    - Fully playable custom battles with a basic set of units who are well balanced
    - New Balance system provides more intensive fights than vanilla
    - Neutral faction colours and aimed historical accuracy
    - New Symbols, loading screens, generals, officers etc

Before downloading, big thanks to:
    - Tone, for borrowing some helmets (roman helmets, my own designs still suck)
    - Pinarius, for the nice horses
    - SigniferOne, for the very handy and nice legionair animations
    - Anyone who supported this mod. Anyone who kept this thread alive for the years it had its peaks. I mean you, Irishguy, Bulletproof, Cpdway\ne, Glorfindel (now Miroslav), Lucarius(who disappeard), Sabazios, Cinuz, Skull, LoliSuck, JorisofHolland, Spike, Achea, skullheadq and other names I did not mention! Everyone who contributed to this thread and helped me get this idea of the ground deserves an applause!.
    Also a big thanks to EB and their mod folder. I saw how they did their work and that's how I figured out how to do it myself. No work taken, but a big thanks, and also a big thanks for inspiring me!

Download Link (I will add an alternative in the future)
    - BataviaTWBeta Link1 (gamefront)
    - http://www.mediafire.com/?kbs1kevvuqzgh9n

Installing Instructions:
    Its modfoldered. Simply unpack the modfolder in your RTW map.
    After that:
    1. Find your regular RomeTW shortcut
    2. Copy it and Paste
    3. Rename it 'BataviaTW'
    4. Right click on the shortcut and hit 'properties'
    5. You see a row with 'shortcut'. You see a line witch is referring to your base of the shortcut. Its name is 'target'
    6. Edit 'target'. Add this at the end of the line: -mod:Batavi -show_err -nm
    7. Click the shortcut and test it.

Well, that took a little longer than expected.
    Looking back i see that i learned a lot in the process. My skills improved over time. Too poor i lost my motivation to continue several times. That is why it took so long.
    In the beginning i worked very unorganized. I added units in the game but didn't add their unit cards and description. Result: a severe buggy messpool of unknown units.
    The units that i made in the beginning are completely different from the ones who are actually in the release. I think i removed a lot of 'early Batavia TW days' units. Units such as 'Knuppelaar, moeraswachter, schuimer, belgae noble, batavian cavalry, celtic swordsmen, boere and a lot more. I simply disliked them: they were an shadow of an earlier failure, plus that their model was different from the main RTW model (most of them were based on the Berserker model). I also disliked their skinning. (For comparison, you can see 7 units on the OP. Only one of those made the cut!)
    So, here it is. A completely new BataviaTW, with a lot of units who look familiair, but most are still some sort of surprise for some of you.

The Future? I can expand this a lot. A campaign is being developed. More units will be added. Maybe another faction, maybe some buildings. Who knows?

Here are some pictures from the BataviaTW Beta 0.4:

Roman Legatus, Germanic Chieftain and Belgae lesser Chief

Sali Swordsmen

Aduatuci Nobles

I hope that all of you will have fun playing this, to break the tension for Rome 2!
    Happy playing!

~Valkar
    Last edited by Valkar; March 25, 2013 at 02:40 PM.