RELEASED BATAVIA TOTAL WAR OPEN BETA 0.4
The Open Beta Custom Battle Only version of BataviaTW has been released!
- 9 playable factions based on the Netherlands in Roman times.
- Fully playable custom battles with a basic set of units who are well balanced
- New Balance system provides more intensive fights than vanilla
- Neutral faction colours and aimed historical accuracy
- New Symbols, loading screens, generals, officers etc
Before downloading, big thanks to:
- Tone, for borrowing some helmets (roman helmets, my own designs still suck)
- Pinarius, for the nice horses
- SigniferOne, for the very handy and nice legionair animations
- Anyone who supported this mod. Anyone who kept this thread alive for the years it had its peaks. I mean you, Irishguy, Bulletproof, Cpdway\ne, Glorfindel (now Miroslav), Lucarius(who disappeard), Sabazios, Cinuz, Skull, LoliSuck, JorisofHolland, Spike, Achea, skullheadq and other names I did not mention! Everyone who contributed to this thread and helped me get this idea of the ground deserves an applause!.
Also a big thanks to EB and their mod folder. I saw how they did their work and that's how I figured out how to do it myself. No work taken, but a big thanks, and also a big thanks for inspiring me!
Download Link (I will add an alternative in the future)
- BataviaTWBeta Link1 (gamefront)
Its modfoldered. Simply unpack the modfolder in your RTW map.
1. Find your regular RomeTW shortcut
2. Copy it and Paste
3. Rename it 'BataviaTW'
4. Right click on the shortcut and hit 'properties'
5. You see a row with 'shortcut'. You see a line witch is referring to your base of the shortcut. Its name is 'target'
6. Edit 'target'. Add this at the end of the line: -mod:Batavi -show_err -nm
7. Click the shortcut and test it.
Well, that took a little longer than expected.
Looking back i see that i learned a lot in the process. My skills improved over time. Too poor i lost my motivation to continue several times. That is why it took so long.
In the beginning i worked very unorganized. I added units in the game but didn't add their unit cards and description. Result: a severe buggy messpool of unknown units.
The units that i made in the beginning are completely different from the ones who are actually in the release. I think i removed a lot of 'early Batavia TW days' units. Units such as 'Knuppelaar, moeraswachter, schuimer, belgae noble, batavian cavalry, celtic swordsmen, boere and a lot more. I simply disliked them: they were an shadow of an earlier failure, plus that their model was different from the main RTW model (most of them were based on the Berserker model). I also disliked their skinning. (For comparison, you can see 7 units on the OP. Only one of those made the cut!)
So, here it is. A completely new BataviaTW, with a lot of units who look familiair, but most are still some sort of surprise for some of you.
The Future? I can expand this a lot. A campaign is being developed. More units will be added. Maybe another faction, maybe some buildings. Who knows?
Here are some pictures from the BataviaTW Beta 0.4:
Roman Legatus, Germanic Chieftain and Belgae lesser Chief
I hope that all of you will have fun playing this, to break the tension for Rome 2!