Page 47 of 62 FirstFirst ... 22373839404142434445464748495051525354555657 ... LastLast

Thread: Myth The Fallen Lords-total war

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Default Re: Myth The Fallen Lords-total war/Undead preview(first post)

Quote Originally Posted by Trithwood View Post
    best looking stuff, your replaceing III games with one mod expertly, I can skin decently though your current skinner seems really good, if you need me just ask.

Anybody have Myth II obtained freely, can't find it, isn't it old enough to be free?
    Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Trithwood View Post
    best looking stuff, your replaceing III games with one mod expertly, I can skin decently though your current skinner seems really good, if you need me just ask.
    He IS his skinner
    Yep

He's also his own animator, his own research team, his own scripter, his own team.

The only thing that I know he has help with is beta-testing.

DobroVece's Avatar Senator

Yup, B. is a one man team.
    I made some sigs, didn't wan't to post them without his permission, but I can't reach him, so:

I've lost resized versions, so I'm posting this ones....

GodzFire's Avatar Laetus

Hi guys,

Sorry for haven't being around here lately. My life got real busy in this year. In fact, I hadn't really made any progress since the stygian knights so the state of the mod is kind of a "stand by" for a while. Not sure how long. But I had one of these big breaks before and I continued. All I'm trying to say is that don't worry, I'm very much into this and I'll continue the work on it as soon as I'll be able to.

answers:

@DomWeasel
    I'll put the Watcher form TFL. The Wolf Age's Watcher looked odd to me too. Too shamanistic/necromancer type which he was, but I liked its more "warlord" look from TFL.

I'm not putting the two other fallenlords into the mod.(I believe you're talking about the "The Faceless Man" and "The Lurker") Not as playable factions at least that's for sure.
    @Trithwood
    Thanks. And yes my current skinner is me as Killerbee answered.
    @The Holy Pilgrim
    The only thing that I know he has help with is beta-testing.
    Yep. I have helpful teammates there.
    @DobroVece
    Awesome sigs, I like them. Also I've read your e-mail, thank you man that was one hell of a review. I'll answer ASAP.
    @GodzFire
    Thanks for the links Godzfire. I assume this was posted as an answer for Trithwood's question.

Anybody have Myth II obtained freely, can't find it, isn't it old enough to be free?
    No it's not free. You could order the game from Amazon, for example. But the patches and add-ons the Myth community did are all free. Make sure you downloaded the latest patch from the projectmagma site, that Godz posted or from The Tain

>>>ANIMATION PACKS MINI MODS >>> CLICK TO CONTINUE >>>

Excellent. I'll leave it your discretion to decide which arm he shall be missing.
    The Watcher was always my favourite Fallen Lord, that's why I'm so interested in his presence.
    I look forward to seeing their previews, all of them.

awsome thanks guys for the answers, and wow your a good modder all round, love the stuff so far, love the feel of myth, as a kid it was my favorite, but it scared me.

I signed up on these forums just to follow the progress of this mod, it looks awesome, especially for you being a one-man team! I am that annoying guy commenting the mod videos on Youtube btw, aNonRealisticGuy (yeah, picked that name when I was 13). Can't wait to kill some humans with an army of thralls!... So, since this mod won't be coming out too soon I'm trying to start up my old Myth II which I haven't played for like 10 years!

This is a bit of topic but I know really old games like this usually have problems on modern computers, so yeah, I ran into a problem. Upon installation, I get an error that says "Service Pack 3 is required on Windows NT to play Myth II" and then installation closes. Not beeing too tech savvy, what do I do?

Nevermind, got it working ^_^ aaaaah, it feels good!

Quote Originally Posted by SavageBeatings View Post
    Nevermind, got it working ^_^ aaaaah, it feels good!
    It does, doesn't it?
    Last edited by Briarius; February 15, 2012 at 02:10 AM.

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Oh my... I've seen this thread many times, but I never bothered to open it. That was a mistake. You're really talented mr!
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

Radboud's Avatar Luctor et Emergo

Hey, I just had an idea for the Wight. You say you're not sure how to implement it, what about using the mine unit from TATW. It is a unit for Isengard with berserkers carrying a mine which is basically a cannon with a huge explosion range, once it explodes it kills almost anything near it including it's own unit. I don't know what Wights look like but if you want to use it you might want to remove the actual cannon/mine model or make it invisible (you could try to change the cannon/mine into a Wight itself). Keep in mind that the mine unit from TATW takes a long time before it explodes so you might want to make that faster or else the unit gets destroyed before it can explode.

Quote Originally Posted by Radboud View Post
    Hey, I just had an idea for the Wight. You say you're not sure how to implement it, what about using the mine unit from TATW. It is a unit for Isengard with berserkers carrying a mine which is basically a cannon with a huge explosion range, once it explodes it kills almost anything near it including it's own unit. I don't know what Wights look like but if you want to use it you might want to remove the actual cannon/mine model or make it invisible (you could try to change the cannon/mine into a Wight itself). Keep in mind that the mine unit from TATW takes a long time before it explodes so you might want to make that faster or else the unit gets destroyed before it can explode.
    This has already been mentioned in this thread... which of course you can't know if you haven't read all 45+ something pages like some unhealthily obsessed person Anyways, the Wight is a zombie with a dagger filled with gases, when he gets close to your soldiers he performs seppuku on himself and explode, covering everyone nearby in toxic zombie pus. Doing this, he lets out one of the most horrifying sounds in my history of gaming: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_8BSBB1JtQ
    (I just hate when you haven't paid attention and they've managed to sneak up on you, you all of a sudden hear that scream... it's just... agh!)

I don't know much about modding at all so I don't know if making a Wight with the same technique as in TATW is plausible, but it seems like it. If they could do it, why wouldn't Briarius?

Radboud's Avatar Luctor et Emergo

LOL, like you said I haven't read all the pages.

Sounds like a cool thing. In some extent it could be incorporated (the explosion is possible, though I'm not sure about the pus thing ), even the sound could be incorporated.

DobroVece's Avatar Senator

Well, pus->rotting animal effect.

Indefinitely Banned

so how is progress

Yeah, how is progress?!

Indefinitely Banned

yeah

Hi people,

I'm in Lyon on an important business event. I'll report about the progress after I'm done here.
    That's gonna be on Sunday!

Waiting for you mate!
    Nice to see you again...

Indefinitely Banned

yup