Page 30 of 37 FirstFirst ... 5202122232425262728293031323334353637 LastLast

Thread: Aanker's Art

Lуra's Avatar Praeses

Default Re: Aanker's Art

Wow! I love this! Your style is so solid, so defined. And that fantasy stuff, interesting too, any more info on that? dA page?

~Lyra

The Dread Pirate Roberts IV

Aanker's Avatar Concordant

Quote Originally Posted by Lуra View Post
    Wow! I love this! Your style is so solid, so defined. And that fantasy stuff, interesting too, any more info on that? dA page?

~Lyra
    Thank you very much Lyra! My style is constantly under development so it is nice to hear that I am somewhere on the right track.

As for the fantasy, it is part of a universe that I have constantly added to and refined since... I can't remember.

My final aim is to write a book sometime, I just don't think I am old enough to do it yet (writing books is a serious matter that requires a certain amount of life experience) and on top of that, I haven't really got the time to turn a major story onto paper. However, I like to deepen the lore and background of the world, together with the art, of course.

My DA page is here, though you won't find much more in terms of information there:
    http://aanker.deviantart.com

Also,

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Last edited by Aanker; November 02, 2012 at 05:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Adar View Post
    Russia have managed to weaponize the loneliest and saddest people on the internet by providing them with (sometimes barechested) father figures whom they can adhere to in order to justify their hatred for the current establishment and the society that rejects them.

UNDER THE PROUD PATRONAGE OF ABBEWS
    According to this poll, 80%* of TGW fans agree that "The mod team is devilishly handsome" *as of 12/10

Imbera's Avatar Libertus

WOW!! I just love your images!!!! How can you do them? Do you use photoshop, or only pencil & co.?

Quote Originally Posted by Imbera View Post
    WOW!! I just love your images!!!! How can you do them? Do you use photoshop, or only pencil & co.?
    Thank you very much!

I use GIMP, together with an intuos tablet.

The Argell are a humanoid species living east of the Republic of Man, in the Mithanean Mountains. Adapted to life in cold climes, their confederation of feudal states prospered during the glacial ages some ten thousand years ago. Back then, enclaves of Men lived under the reign of powerful Argellan lords, who reputedly possessed magical abilities and near-immortality. As Cenumru thawed, however, human civilization rose to challenge Argellan power, and soon what had been a prosperous empire fell apart under external pressure.

The naivety of the Argell, and their reluctance to adapt to a changing world, is inevitably going to lead to their extinction. Pressured by settlers from the Altarlands, Imperial and later Republican armies have pushed ever deeper into the Mithaneans, rinsing out whatever Argell they find. Admittedly, the enemy has produced stiff resistance in some regions, but opposed by the industrial forces of mankind, there is little chance that they will prevail.

In the background: Mount Urmagnel is the highest mountain in the known world. It, together with four other massive volcanic massifs in the southern Altarlands, completely dominates the Mithaneans in the south. The Argell believe it to be the seat of their Sun God.

Russia have managed to weaponize the loneliest and saddest people on the internet by providing them with (sometimes barechested) father figures whom they can adhere to in order to justify their hatred for the current establishment and the society that rejects them.

According to this poll, 80%* of TGW fans agree that "The mod team is devilishly handsome" *as of 12/10

Menumorut's Avatar Ducenarius

Indeed, your art is wonderful

»MY GRAPHIC WORKSHOP« UNDER THE PARONAGE OF G☼D HIMSELF »MY ROMEII FAN ART«

T&D's Avatar Vicarius

Hey Aanker you are writing histories too???
    Are basing on something doing some things???

High quality work.

Quote Originally Posted by GERULA666 View Post
    Indeed, your art is wonderful
    Quote Originally Posted by T&D View Post
    Hey Aanker you are writing histories too???
    Are basing on something doing some things???

High quality work.
    Thank you Sirs!

In response to T&D: I like to draw things from an imagined world that I have sketched up here at home. I feel like art and storytelling are complimentary.

General Brewster's Avatar The Flying Dutchman
    Blog Entries

Could you draw a tank for me ?

Quote Originally Posted by General Brewster View Post
    Could you draw a tank for me ?
    I could try, that is not to say that the result will be anywhere near satisficial since drawing from reference is not really my strongest side.

Blog Entries

A leopard 2

Drawings appeal more to me then a picture

Eh.. Something like that Brewster?

Blog Entries

So epic. I run out of words to describe it

T&D's Avatar Vicarius

I was thinking that would be huge amount of work...One hour and vaula!!!

Quote Originally Posted by T&D View Post
    I was thinking that would be huge amount of work...One hour and vaula!!!
    To be frank I think I set my own speed record.

Your last drawings are beautiful Aanker.
    You have something special in your drawing, and a beautiful notion of the lighting.
    Clearly an artist !

+rep
    EBII fan appeal: The Europa Barbarorum II team [M2TW] is in dire need of YOUR HELP RIGHT NOW! - Dear modders, please get in touch HERE!

Thank you Skyn0s!

Hope you will be pleased with this next piece:

The Hoeklants (Pruellan: "highlands") region of southern Pruelland is characterized by its eponymous basalt massifs. Standing high above the southern steppes of Xevan, and also guarding the inlet of the Parshart bay, these gigantic cliffs have long served as virtually impregnable walls of nature against southerly foes of the Pruellan people.

One such foe was the Xivanian Empire, which in ancient times stretched across virtually all of Cenumru. Having lain under its mighty armies the surrounding provinces of Hôms and Noven, the Xivanian emperor - Manung - eyed the great prize that was the Pruellan city of Parshart. But no matter how his well-trained armies were sent into the Hoeklants, they made no progress in the rough terrain that greatly favoured the outnumbered defenders. This state of affairs remained for almost a hundred years, until the Architect Emperor - Hu-Yeyung (the grandson of Manung) - ordered the construction of a gigantic tunnel that would seek to pass below the high cliffs and prefertably emerge directly in the capital of his adversary. Assisted by the first recorded steam engines and gunpowder, the Xivanians started in the westerly province Xevan and worked north. Between them and Parshart lay rivers, cliffs and mountains, but the Architect Emperor was undaunted.

Hu-Yeyung died before his great tunnel could be completed. Funding dried out as more stressing concerns emerged and, eventually, the project was abandoned. The Hoeklants had emerged victorious, but celebrations were short-lived. Soon, southern Pruelland descended into civil war and disarray, and a final push by the Xivanian Empire into the region succeeded in conquering Parshart some hundred years before the ascension of Hzaar.
    Last edited by Aanker; November 30, 2012 at 03:59 PM.

Lуra's Avatar Praeses

Awesome! The Parshartians look like a mix between Nords and Babylonians. And there seems to be a language, is it made?

The image is fantastic, I like the cold and windy scene. And the detail on the grass, too!

~Lyra

The Dread Pirate Roberts IV

The Pruellan language is not fully made but I do have a notion at least of how it works.

And good observation on the armours. Not only Parshart but other Pruellan cities were generously supported by Servainne, a rival of Xivan. Amongst the donations were armours and weapons, which of course were fashioned in the Servainnean Babylonean-style pattern. The Pruellanders adopted some of the techniques for themselves - preferring the new scalemail over the traditional ringmails and leather shirts - and eventually became largely autonomous in their armour production.

Thank you!

Daily's Avatar Flingin' ma mace son
    Content Emeritus

Aanker. Yet another well drawn picture. That grass is just looks so good!

Thank you Daily! Though I would like to point out that the grass was not what pleased me most, personally, but rather the reflections on the metal surfaces.