Thread: what do you use to skin

korsakoff's Avatar Tiro

Default what do you use to skin

Hi i was wanting to know what program you used to skin the diadochi unit's i am using GIMP 2 but i can't seem to get this to open up the files i can edit loading screens and other stuff but i would like to no

Default Re: what do you use to skin

Loading screens are .tga files so I think they can be done with GIMP. The unit models are made with 3dmax, the unit textures I am not sure but I think Photoshop or GIMP with a .dds plug in.

korsakoff's Avatar Tiro

okay thank you do you no any place were i can get a dds plug in

korsakoff's Avatar Tiro

i got it thank you for the help =) i really love the mod

You're welcome! Glad you enjoy the mod!

PS, nice avatar! I loved Spartan and Gates of Troy...before I started to play with RTW!

korsakoff's Avatar Tiro

me to it's a great game spartan your avatar reminds me from something but im not sure if it is what im thinking of

It's CABAL from Command & Conquer...

korsakoff's Avatar Tiro

oh yes isn't that not that computer that can talk or something i have played tiberium sun and he was in it

Yes, it was Nod's AI and battle advisor before going rogue. Tiberian Sun and its expansion Firestorm are my favourite RTS game ever.

korsakoff's Avatar Tiro

yeah i know now i have tiberian sun it's okay but a bit hard lol i like the NOD because of kane

If you like you can download it free with its expansion Firestorm from here: http://www.commandandconquer.com/classic I prefer GDI but Kane is the most charismatic character I've ever seen in a game. Too bad the CnC franchise has been ripped and ruined with the last game, which is the worst game I've ever played in my life.

korsakoff's Avatar Tiro

yes i to believe C&C 4 was a let down i tried it and it just wasn't C&C

korsakoff's Avatar Tiro

WOW it's free is that because they don't sell it anymore any ways i think i will download

Tiberian Twilight is just awful, but because it's really lame. If it had been well made I could have enjoyed it even if it isn't a real C&C, but other than not being C&C it's also horrible, obscene...I can't find an appropriate word to describe it. I tried to play to see how the story ended, but really couldn't do it, I watched the cutscenes on Youtube. And I must say that I was lucky! The ending is lame too, so luckily I didn't waste my time playing a horrible game for a lame ending.

Anyway yes TS\FS is free because you can't find it in the stores anymore, you can buy The First Decade or Saga (both are collections of C&C games). But it has a lot more sense downloading them, since they are free. It's quite surprising considering the EA policy, which is MONEY MONEY MONEY AND THE REST.

korsakoff's Avatar Tiro

yes i agree to about how they messed up C&C4 i haven't seen the ending of it but im not going to buy it anyways when i saw they were making it into small battles and such i knew it would be a total fail but i just downloaded tiberium sun and it's good it's kepping me busy since i don't have RTW anymore but im going to ckeck the shops tommorow and see if it is there.

P.S i got your friends request

I was lucky that a friend of mine bought it, got sick with it and lent it to me. I would be even more angry if I had spent even 1$ for that crap.

Tiberian Sun\Firestorm is absolutely better!

korsakoff's Avatar Tiro

i agree to

Get the plugin from Nvidia (you dont need a Nvidia graphics card) just type in on google Nvidia .dds plugin

korsakoff's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by OceanPhoenix View Post
    Get the plugin from Nvidia (you dont need a Nvidia graphics card) just type in on google Nvidia .dds plugin

it's an okay idea but i have found that gimp is a great tool to use for making skins much easier

*sorry for the necro reply there*