Page 46 of 47 FirstFirst ... 21363738394041424344454647 LastLast

Thread: Creating a World - Bare Geomod

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: Creating a World - Bare Geomod

Quote Originally Posted by Rudes
    I added a new faction, edited the data/banners, added symbols9 and changed the descr_sm_factions.tga but the faction on the loss map doesn't have the flag I added and the flag is empty. What could happen?
    Did you edit descr_standards to add symbol9?

Code:
    factions
    symbols                banners/symbols1.tga
    symbols                banners/symbols2.tga
    symbols                banners/symbols3.tga
    symbols                banners/symbols4.tga
    symbols                banners/symbols5.tga
    symbols                banners/symbols6.tga
    symbols                banners/symbols9.tga    ; <--- 9 goes here
    rebels_factions
    symbols                banners/symbols7.tga
    symbols                banners/symbols8.tga

I've already sorted it out. I have another question. I am looking for a tutorial on how to make my own battle map banner? I am thinking specifically of banner_trans

Blog Entries

Check in the graphics forum. There should be a PS template for battle banners around. The 'trans' texture is simply a de-saturated original if memory serves.

Všetko, čo musím urobiť, je banner_trans

Mám ďalší problém, pridal som nové frakcie, dal som každej európskej model kráľových strát pre vodcu frakcie, ale pre poslednú frakciu je na mape stále obyčajný generál, všetko je tak, ako má a nechápem, prečo sa pre jednu frakciu vodca frakcie neobjaví na mape ako kráľ?
    Last edited by Gigantus; January 04, 2024 at 09:43 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rudes View Post
    All I have to do is banner_trans I have another problem, I added new factions, I gave each European a king loss model for the faction leader, but for the last faction there is still an ordinary general on the map, everything is as it should be and I do not understand why for one faction the faction leader does not appear on the map like a king?

Most likely an issue with the set up of the model - check this tutorial in detail how to do it.

Hey I was wondering if there's any recommended practice for getting this to run on Linux - I am running the steam version on Proton and when I start the executable in the mod folder the batch file complains that it can't locate my Medieval II or Kingdoms install. I presume that this is something to do with the fact that the executable is now rolled into one package? I'm guessing the setup takes care of that on windows. Should I just rename the medieval exe to kingdoms.exe?

And secondly, is there a way to enable the vanilla behavior of unlocking the factions as you beat them? It's been a while since I played this game and I enjoyed the progression of gradually unlocking factions as you played

Thanks in advance for any help!

Quote Originally Posted by mzy12 View Post
    Hey I was wondering if there's any recommended practice for getting this to run on Linux - I am running the steam version on Proton and when I start the executable in the mod folder the batch file complains that it can't locate my Medieval II or Kingdoms install. I presume that this is something to do with the fact that the executable is now rolled into one package? I'm guessing the setup takes care of that on windows. Should I just rename the medieval exe to kingdoms.exe?
    Never mind, I figured it out! I followed this guide on steam and chose the steam argument option and it works as expected.

Still would like to know if I can bring back the behaviour of having to unlock the factions as you play in vanilla Medieval

Blog Entries

This is curious - Bare Geomod installs into the correct directory (provided you don't change anything) and has a universal batch file that allows it to start on disk and Steam. Maybe there is something else in Linux?

Anyhow - Bare Geomod has all factions unlocked which means you could just play it. else have a look into the descr_strat file in your main game's ...\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign directory and simply edit the top part to look like this (from the Bare Geomod file):
    Code:
    campaign        imperial_campaign
    playable
        england
        france
        hre
        spain
        venice
        sicily
        milan
        scotland
        byzantium
        russia
        moors
        turks
        egypt
        denmark
        portugal
        poland
        hungary
    end
    unlockable
    end
    nonplayable
        papal_states
        aztecs
        mongols
        timurids
        slave
    end

Mám ešte jednu otázku, pridal som veľa frakcií, ale každá frakcia, ak verbuje kňazov, neverbuje obyčajného kňaza úrovne 1, ale okamžite kňaza úrovne 2. Nemôžete mi povedať, v čom je problém?

Blog Entries

=RudesI have one more question, I added a lot of factions, but each faction, if it recruits priests, does not recruit a regular level 1 priest, but immediately a level 2 priest. Can you tell me what the problem is?

It has to do with level traits, the circumstances of the recruiting (high level church most likely) allows for those traits to be applied

Ďakujem veľmi pekne za pomoc, pokúsim sa to opraviť, ale nie som si istý, čo to spôsobuje.. Nič som neupravoval, v podstate pri nábore kňaza hra ukazuje model biskupa alebo kardinála namiesto obyčajného kňaza, nechápem, čo to spôsobuje, keďže som zatiaľ pridal len nové frakcie a neupravil schopnosti postáv

I've looked at it, but I can't figure out what's causing it.

Is it possible to change a weapon, for example, if a soldier uses an axe, what do I have to do to use the sword?

Je ľahké namontovať chodiacu jednotku na koňa?alebo nájdem návod, ako na to?

Blog Entries

Is it possible to change a weapon, for example, if a soldier uses an axe, what do I have to do to use the sword?
    It involves modding the soldier's model - there guides about this in the model forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudes
    Is it easy to mount the walking unit on the horse? or can I find instructions on how to do it?
    That one is a text file edit - you need to change the animation entry of the unit in the modeldb file, see the model forum.

Any tutorial on how to create a map image in the menu?

Blog Entries

You mean the faction maps? The only restriction is for the canvas size, else there is no limit to your creativity.
    Most common is to use one of the map file to obtain the coastal line layout - adjust the size and then go wild 'decorating' it.
    You now have a template which you can then overlay with the 'factions' map created in Geomod's 'tools\generating of maps' function to create the individual faction maps.

Z nejakého dôvodu mi nástroj nefunguje

Blog Entries

For some reason the tool is not working for me
    You have to be more specific. The tool == Geomod Tool? It doesn't start? You can't find the maps I mentioned?

When loading, the tool throws an error message and turns off.