Page 74 of 84 FirstFirst ... 24496465666768697071727374757677787980818283 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,480 of 1661

Thread: EMPIRE TOTAL FACTIONS...... (Last updated 17/08/2011)

Default Re: EMPIRE TOTAL FACTIONS...... (Last updated 17/08/2011)

So changing steams location to not C:\Program Files (x86 should help?

Also in case I get it wrong(again) is there a video of a person installing it on windows 8.1?

It worked. It doesn't lick me out and opens the world map. I just needed to uninstall steam and change its location when I reinstalled it. Thanks for the tips.

For some reason after I shut my computer off and came back on later and tried to use the game it didn't work and stopped working even though the game worked earlier.

?

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by JLHartsock View Post
    For some reason after I shut my computer off and came back on later and tried to use the game it didn't work and stopped working even though the game worked earlier.
    You must have the Steam Client running in systray (where the clock and the calender is), otherwise ETF will not work properly.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

How do I put it down there?

Quote Originally Posted by JLHartsock View Post
    How do I put it down there?
    Just double click on the desktop "Steam" shortcut.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Hi, new to the forums but not the game, really wanted to play as Ireland so I downloaded this mod and installed it via installer and tried to load up Ireland's early campaign, I could make it as far as the faction select screen but when I click start campaign it loads for a second and then crashes to the desktop.. With any faction, including the vanilla ones. I uninstalled the mod but the problem continued, I couldn't start any faction's campaign without the game crashing. I removed all mod files from the directory, same thing. At the moment I am fully reinstalling the game but I have no idea what the issue could be except that I don't have the Warpath campaign. Is it really necessary to have that DLC to play this mod? Is there any mod for emergent factions that doesn't require DLC?

♔hammeredalways♔'s Avatar Darthmod Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by macchan42 View Post
    Hi, new to the forums but not the game, really wanted to play as Ireland so I downloaded this mod and installed it via installer and tried to load up Ireland's early campaign, I could make it as far as the faction select screen but when I click start campaign it loads for a second and then crashes to the desktop.. With any faction, including the vanilla ones. I uninstalled the mod but the problem continued, I couldn't start any faction's campaign without the game crashing. I removed all mod files from the directory, same thing. At the moment I am fully reinstalling the game but I have no idea what the issue could be except that I don't have the Warpath campaign. Is it really necessary to have that DLC to play this mod? Is there any mod for emergent factions that doesn't require DLC?
    You should also check the following location on your computer
    C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Empire\scripts

as you may still have some script files left over, if so delete that entire folder
    Knight of the binge-drinking-Kebab-shop-vomiting-taxi rank-punch-up? 32nd degree

Also make sure you're running the Steam Client, otherwise ETF won't work.

Thanks for your help, I did as you said and when I clicked Ireland in ETF's launcher it tried to launch the game but it instantly crashed. But then I ran the game from Steam with ETF open and it ran fine and I can play as Ireland! And it's running great, haven't run into any bugs or slowness or anything
    I just almost wonder if it's intentional (on the game dev's part) that every nation is super friendly with Ireland (even GB.. Who declared war on me 5 turns into the game despite being friendly..)
    Anyway many thanks to the dev of this mod!

A.) On my new Win10 laptop, the Total Factions refuses to load.

B.) Prior to this, using Win7, If playing Quebec, my game always crashes in 1769.

There was an earlier version for America in which Warpath map could be played with all factions unlocked, although you had to launch the game from the Grand Campaign option to do so. Does this new mod use the same method to be able to play on the Warpath map with any faction?
    I tried launching from the Warpath option but CTD.

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by macchan42 View Post
    [...]
    I just almost wonder if it's intentional (on the game dev's part) that every nation is super friendly with Ireland (even GB.. Who declared war on me 5 turns into the game despite being friendly..)
    Anyway many thanks to the dev of this mod!
    Welcome to TWC, macchan42! When we play as any emergent nation, that seems to happen - other countries in general are friendly, however the country which our faction emerged from (such as Britain for Ireland and Scotland) will tend to want 'their' region back and attack the player. Surviving that initial attack, when Britain is more powerful and so close, seems like the biggest challenge for playing Ireland and Scotland. I found that adding a unit pack (I used the Early American Revolution unit pack when I played the campaign which was the basis for my Ireland AAR; an alternative would be to use the excellent Additional Units Mod. Another option is the Minor and Emergent Factions Unit Pack. There are also specific unit mods for some factions - I have had a lot of fun playing Pom's Italian States mod with Venice, for example. If you visit the Empire Total War Modification area, there is a Unit Packs sub-forum.)

Quote Originally Posted by 2fistedhistory View Post
    A.) On my new Win10 laptop, the Total Factions refuses to load.

B.) Prior to this, using Win7, If playing Quebec, my game always crashes in 1769.
    Welcome, 2fistedhistory! I am not an expert on ETF (I think that hammeredalways and Leonardo know more than I do and recommend following their advice). Here are a few things which have caused ETF to refuse to load for players in the past:-

1. Do you start the Steam client before starting Empire Total Factions (I imagine that you do - you mentioned being able to play Quebec before. I'm just mentioning it because I think some people have made that mistake in the past).

2. Is your copy of Steam installed in the default location on your computer? When I got a new computer, I tried installing Steam in a custom location and then tried installing Empire Total War and Empire Total Factions. Empire Total Factions did not work until I put Steam in the default location - it works now.

3. If you are using Windows 10, you could try what bigbloke71 explained in this post.

I am sorry to hear that your Quebec campaign kept crashing in a specific year. I do not know how to fix that, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by General Gordon View Post
    There was an earlier version for America in which Warpath map could be played with all factions unlocked, although you had to launch the game from the Grand Campaign option to do so. Does this new mod use the same method to be able to play on the Warpath map with any faction?
    I tried launching from the Warpath option but CTD.
    The latest version of ETF has a launcher with several options (so you do not have to launch the game from the Grand Campaign option to play on the Warpath map):-
    - Early Campaign (begins in 1700 with all major and minor factions unlocked)
    - Late Campaign (begins in 1789 - this is part 4 of the Road to Independence with all major and minor factions unlocked. Also, more reasonable levels of technology are known by other factions at the start - in vanilla, it seems that all factions except the US know all technologies at the start.)
    - Warpath Campaign (with all major and minor factions unlocked)
    - Emergents, with a button to select 'Early' or 'Late' campaign

Sorry, I do now know why the game crashed when you selected the Warpath option - hopefully someone else will know.
    Last edited by Alwyn; May 21, 2017 at 09:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alwyn View Post
    Welcome, 2fistedhistory! I am not an expert on ETF (I think that hammeredalways and Leonardo know more than I do and recommend following their advice). Here are a few things which have caused ETF to refuse to load for players in the past:-

1. Do you start the Steam client before starting Empire Total Factions (I imagine that you do - you mentioned being able to play Quebec before. I'm just mentioning it because I think some people have made that mistake in the past).

2. Is your copy of Steam installed in the default location on your computer? When I got a new computer, I tried installing Steam in a custom location and then tried installing Empire Total War and Empire Total Factions. Empire Total Factions did not work until I put Steam in the default location - it works now.

3. If you are using Windows 10, you could try what bigbloke71 explained in this post.

I am sorry to hear that your Quebec campaign kept crashing in a specific year. I do not know how to fix that, unfortunately.
    Unfortunately it still continues to CTD as soon as I click on the 'Total Faction' button on the game's main menu. Steam is in the default location, and ETF is where it's supposed to be. Good ideas, but I'm afraid ETF doesn't like to be on the new computer. :^/

Welcome, 2fistedhistory! I am not an expert on ETF (I think that hammeredalways and Leonardo know more than I do and recommend following their advice).

I'm flattered to hear that you see me as an expert of ETF. Which I am not, just a mod user of ETF.

I have never heard anyone saying that playing Quebec will CTD at a certain year. This needs to be investigated, so I suggest to do this with only ETF installed without having any movie or mod packs in the data folder or other mod foldered mods installed.

The latest version of ETF has a launcher with several options (so you do not have to launch the game from the Grand Campaign option to play on the Warpath map):-
    - Early Campaign (begins in 1700 with all major and minor factions unlocked)
    - Late Campaign (begins in 1789 - this is part 4 of the Road to Independence with all major and minor factions unlocked). Also, more reasonable levels of technology are known by other factions at the start - in vanilla, it seems that all factions except the US know all technologies at the start.)
    - Warpath Campaign (with all major and minor factions unlocked)
    - Emergents, with a button to select 'Early' or 'Late' campaign

Sorry, I do now know why the game crashed when you selected the Warpath option - hopefully someone else will know.
    A small correction about the Late Campaign. It starts in year 1783 not in 1789, I just checked vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Leonardo View Post
    I'm flattered to hear that you see me as an expert of ETF. Which I am not, just a mod user of ETF.

I have never heard anyone saying that playing Quebec will CTD at a certain year. This needs to be investigated, so I suggest to do this with only ETF installed without having any movie or mod packs in the data folder or other mod foldered mods installed.
    Thanks for the thoughts. No other mods or movie packs are installed. Just plain old ETF.

Not that that one is as much the issue anymore as not running on the new OS is anymore. ;^)

Not that that one is as much the issue anymore as not running on the new OS is anymore. ;^)
    So you reinstalled Windows 7 and now you can play ETF. Correct?

If that's not the case then maybe this might be what's causing your issue with ETF. A while back I discovered that ETF seems to be designed to only work, if ETW is installed in the Steam folder and not outside of Steam.
    Unfortunately it still continues to CTD as soon as I click on the 'Total Faction' button on the game's main menu. Steam is in the default location, and ETF is where it's supposed to be. Good ideas, but I'm afraid ETF doesn't like to be on the new computer. :^/

So what I'm trying to say here is that if you installed Steam in default folder e.g C:\Progam Files(x86) then UAC (User Account Control) in Windows 10 could prevent ETF to work properly.

Try to reinstall Steam outside of the UAC-protected folder and see what happens when installing ETF then launching ETF. Should that not work then try to exit ETF then the Steam Client and launch the Steam Client then launch ETF.

Playing a full game as any of the Italian state factions is always tough. As Savoy, Genoa, or the Papal (ahem Italian) States, France is out for you. As Venice, it's Great Britain. All the various Italian factions have a period when they risk serious bankruptcy in order to build a sufficient army and navy to stay alive. Overcoming that is always a challenge.