Thread: 2nd Marius event, no reformed legions

Default 2nd Marius event, no reformed legions

Well, I knew that after I got the Marius event in 195 it was off, but I expected by 108 to be using something better than Polybians. I got the event notice but my recruitment has not changed. I can still only recruit Polybians and Egypt is consequentially raping me because I can't pump out any units good enough to face the.

When do I finally get my legions?

Default Re: 2nd Marius event, no reformed legions

Salvor would be the one in a position to explain how the script works and if you`ve missed anything. Until then, have you read this? :

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=208205

And btw, have you made sure to activate the script?
    Last edited by florin80; January 18, 2010 at 09:55 AM.

After 107 BC:

A new level of the Reforms building will appear in 107BC, this time named "Era militare Mariana". The building will be spawned in almost all the settlements of the map. So, if you have survived the game until then (or you have not won yet), you will be able to recruit core Roman units (including legionnaries) in almost all of the settlements of the map. This is not entirely historically accurate, but it is how the mod was originally designed.
    Of course, AOR units will still be available in their regions.
    That hasn't happened and it is now 105 BCE? What do I need to do in order to activate the script?

Every time that you start the game and load a campaign, when you click on a settlement for the first time, the advisor will appear, asking you to activate the script by clicking on the "show_me how" button.

Unfortunately, it is a known issue of RTW that, if you quit a campaign and then load a save-game without COMPLETELY exiting the game, then the script will not activate and the scripted features, like the Roman Reforms, will not take place.

I am afraid that this might have happened to you. Anyway, if you are interested, just let me know and I will make a custom script file for you so that your campaign has the Reforms in 104BC.

After all, there are not that many players who manage to reach 105BC

Quote Originally Posted by Salvor Hardin View Post
    Every time that you start the game and load a campaign, when you click on a settlement for the first time, the advisor will appear, asking you to activate the script by clicking on the "show_me how" button.

Unfortunately, it is a known issue of RTW that, if you quit a campaign and then load a save-game without COMPLETELY exiting the game, then the script will not activate and the scripted features, like the Roman Reforms, will not take place.
    Oh how unfortunate...

I am afraid that this might have happened to you. Anyway, if you are interested, just let me know and I will make a custom script file for you so that your campaign has the Reforms in 104BC.
    Excellent! Shall I upload my save game?

After all, there are not that many players who manage to reach 105BC
    Its just unfortunate that I haven't been able to expand as rapidly as I can. I've had to bribe so many Ptolemaic generals that one is now Praetor.

I shall yet undo this Egyptian empire ...

Quote Originally Posted by Pøntifex View Post
    Shall I upload my save game?
    No need to, just download the attached file

and place it inside your RG\data\scripts\show_me folder. Just for security reasons, rename the extant one to rgbs1 or whatever.

In theory, now your Reforms should happen in 104BC, as long as you activate the script.

alex_shields's Avatar Miles

can you make one for me that will allow the 1st reforms to occur in 140BC? lol

If you really need it, there is no problem at all, mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Salvor Hardin View Post
    Hi Salvor Hardin

So, if that happened to me, at least in one ocassion, is my save game file corrupted and then the Marian reforms will not occur, even if I activate the Script correctly in every other occassion?

And btw, if that happens in one non-roman campaign, which are the negative consequences?

Best regards / Saludos
    Miki

Cheers, miki

Quote Originally Posted by miki View Post
    So, if that happened to me, at least in one ocassion, is my save game file corrupted and then the Marian reforms will not occur, even if I activate the Script correctly in every other occassion?
    Nope. The only issue will be if you have had your script inactive during the years that the Reforms should have taken place. If it is so, then they will not happen.

And btw, if that happens in one non-roman campaign, which are the negative consequences?
    None in terms of Reforms. But you will miss some features like the balanced recruitment script, to put an example.

alex_shields's Avatar Miles

nah I wish I could get republican legions - but I may as well wait.

Thank you, Salvor.

I have had the 1st reform but non of my unit rosters have changed and I have loaded the scrips correctly
    :brit::brit::brit::brit::brit::brit::brit::brit::brit:

Rule, Britannia! Britannia, rule the waves!
    Britons never, never, never shall be slaves!
    Rule, Britannia! Britannia, rule the waves!
    Britons never, never, never shall be slaves!
    copyed from Emperor Richard

Hi I have a question If you don’t totally log out of the game the script won’t work?