Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: EMPIRE TOTAL FLAGS V2.9 IDEAS THREAD

Default Re: EMPIRE TOTAL FLAGS V2.8 IDEAS THREAD

Heh, awesome. much better than just black to a white background.

However I regret to tell you I've found a flag possibly better suited for Afghanistan ^^;

The Durrani Empire wich is the first actual Afghan state. It was Established in Afghanistan 1747 and separated from the Persian Empire.

this was their flag:

And this is their coat of arms wich has been kept in Afghanistan until this day. It could be used as inspiration for a battle flag:

Sorry I didn't realise about this sooner, the Pasthuns caligraphy is still a very nice alternative though.

Quote Originally Posted by JFC View Post
    Afghanistan?
    Looks very nice Liking it very much

JFC's Avatar Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by Might of Kitsuria View Post
    Heh, awesome. much better than just black to a white background.

However I regret to tell you I've found a flag possibly better suited for Afghanistan ^^;

The Durrani Empire wich is the first actual Afghan state. It was Established in Afghanistan 1747 and separated from the Persian Empire.

this was their flag:

And this is their coat of arms wich has been kept in Afghanistan until this day. It could be used as inspiration for a battle flag:

Sorry I didn't realise about this sooner, the Pasthuns caligraphy is still a very nice alternative though.
    Yes, saw this on wikipedia, however I thought it was just boring with the green and white for a battle flag. Perhaps I could do something that incorporates the crest as a battle flag? Or maybe the Pashtun text on the green and white flag?

tango21's Avatar Laetus

Hi I just read through this thread and I hope you don't mind my tuppence worth on England, firstly I think if great britain became a republic constitutionaly it becomes a minefield Scotland might choose to have the stuarts and not join any GB republic or go it alone as a republic as the act of union requires a monarch, Ireland would almost certainly become independent so that would leave only England and Wales therefore the St Georges cross is the correct flag for an English republic as it does not represent any monarchy, however this is your mod and your choice

Geronimo2006's Avatar TAR Local Moderator

For the Savoy land battle-flags, I would suggest one of these (captured by the French in 1704 at the Battle of Marsaille-Orbassano or at Ivrea or Vercelli) be used (source: "The Army of the Duchy of Savoy (1688-1713)"):
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Last edited by Geronimo2006; February 10, 2010 at 09:01 PM.
    Colonialism 1600AD - 2016 Modding Awards for "Compilations and Overhauls".

Core i7 2600 @ 3.4ghz - NVIDIA GTX950 2GB

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

Yes, saw this on wikipedia, however I thought it was just boring with the green and white for a battle flag. Perhaps I could do something that incorporates the crest as a battle flag? Or maybe the Pashtun text on the green and white flag?
    I'm unable to find any sort regimental or naval flag (hurrr Naval flag, ofcourse they have one hurrrdurp). The Ideas you have so far seems awesome. If I understand correctly, this mod doesn't focus too much on realism right?

I noticed Democratic Austria didn't have a naval flag. why not have current austrias state and war flag (it's used for both as a state and naval flag).

I know it doesn't really fit the time, but there aren't much other options for a democratic Austria of that age.

another option is the naval flag wich was invented 1786

Though this is more fitting for a monarch Austria but it fits better the state flag of Democratic Austria in the current version of the mod.

JFC's Avatar Lieutenant

Savoy? Why change the flag for the sake of it? I think the current Savoy flag is pretty cool tbh.
    Going to use the green Afghan flag for the land flag. Green is the colour of Islam and I love the text.
    The whole split up of GB is an interesting comment, however, ETW doesn't split up countries when governments change; a radical idea, but not implementable in this game.
    Going to leave Austria Republic for the time being, as the current flag is the most appropriate flag.

Anyway, I think that Knight's St John need a better land flag:

Going to leave Austria Republic for the time being, as the current flag is the most appropriate flag.
    I wasn't talking about the state or land flag of Austria, but the NAVAL flag of republic Austria. Well anyways, it's no choice of mine really. I'll just give other suggestions.

Tuscany did actually have a Naval flag. However it is unknown when exactly this one was used. Atleast no later than after the 1850s since it was found from a book during that time, it could be used as a source of inspiration though for a naval flag:

Default Re: EMPIRE TOTAL FLAGS V2.9 IDEAS THREAD

Hmmmm... I think for French Republic, you should change the land battle flag. The current look like ceremony flag ^^

Look on this site, http://www.crwflags.com/fotw/Flags/fr%5Er_rv.html#reo

I think this flag will look nice in the game and they are the real battalion flag of french revolution, sooo... =)

it just a idea =)

Quote Originally Posted by onytoytoy View Post
    Hmmmm... I think for French Republic, you should change the land battle flag. The current look like ceremony flag ^^

Look on this site, http://www.crwflags.com/fotw/Flags/fr%5Er_rv.html#reo

I think this flag will look nice in the game and they are the real battalion flag of french revolution, sooo... =)

it just a idea =)
    This flag had been voted away during a previous poll. ( Thats why I hate polls)

JFC's Avatar Lieutenant

New alternative download available, called AETF V1.0

Very nice work JFC Now you can please both sides with the AETF, great ideal Keep cooking them goods up love the work

New alternative download available, called AETF V1.0
    could you give some more information about this?

JFC's Avatar Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by Finrod View Post
    could you give some more information about this?
    It's a free download. Have you not even looked at the download thread?

It's a free download. Have you not even looked at the download thread?
    No but I don't see the difference between the other ETF.

helmersen's Avatar Praepositus

Can you PLEASE change the Norwegian flag back to the way it was? I kinda hate it now.. it's so ugly. Or at least something similiar to the way it is now.

Please, I mean it. I really hate the way it is now. I don't get that "honor" feeling when my men carry the flag to war

Please make it look like this:

I'd be FOREVER in your debt!
    Last edited by helmersen; February 19, 2010 at 08:36 AM.
    Interested in how Attila and the new LONGBEARDS DLC plays?

Check out my Total War Attila: Jutes Let's Play: http://youtu.be/rFyxh4mj1pQ
    Check out my Total War Attila: The Langobards Let's Play: http://youtu.be/lMiHXVvVbCE
    Total War: Attila with ERE vs Sassanids GEM at max settings:
    http://youtu.be/jFYENvVpwIs
    Total War: Rome II Medieval Kingdoms Mod Gameplay: http://youtu.be/qrqGUYaLVzk

JFC's Avatar Lieutenant

Here we go again!

I'd like this to be open to discussion... Chances are, I'd change them and then get moaned at. There are some interesting flags Here
    But again, which one to use? If it's a general consensus to move back to vanilla, then I will. However, this thread, despite being a popular mod with DMUC and general use, never really gets large amounts of feedback.

If in keeping with ETF, the flag should go as you propose as it's the 'real flag of choice' for Norway as a representation of the close ties between Sweden and Denmark.
    Feedback would be great... Remember there is an AETF now, which could keep the 'historic' flag.

helmersen's Avatar Praepositus

Here we go again!

I'd like this to be open to discussion... Chances are, I'd change them and then get moaned at. There are some interesting flags Here
    But again, which one to use? If it's a general consensus to move back to vanilla, then I will. However, this thread, despite being a popular mod with DMUC and general use, never really gets large amounts of feedback.

If in keeping with ETF, the flag should go as you propose as it's the 'real flag of choice' for Norway as a representation of the close ties between Sweden and Denmark.
    Feedback would be great... Remember there is an AETF now, which could keep the 'historic' flag.
    I'm really sorry if you felt that my post was a bad one I'm sorry. But this is something I really want, and I can't live with the flag being as it is, if you can understand my patriotism

If I can propose two suggestions:

This flag:

Or this flag:

I'm a very patriotic guy, so I hope you'll manage to do something about it, and again, I'm sorry if I upset you.

EDIT: By the way, in the AETF, the Norwegian flag is the same as in the normal version.
    Last edited by helmersen; February 19, 2010 at 09:26 AM.
    Interested in how Attila and the new LONGBEARDS DLC plays?

Check out my Total War Attila: Jutes Let's Play: http://youtu.be/rFyxh4mj1pQ
    Check out my Total War Attila: The Langobards Let's Play: http://youtu.be/lMiHXVvVbCE
    Total War: Attila with ERE vs Sassanids GEM at max settings:
    http://youtu.be/jFYENvVpwIs
    Total War: Rome II Medieval Kingdoms Mod Gameplay: http://youtu.be/qrqGUYaLVzk

Well, I wasn't really happy with the current mod version of the norwegian flag either. But it was disscused and accepted in an older post so I guess there wasn't much to complain about. Though the Second flag Helmersen suggested could be used as inspiration to a land flag. You could put the current version of the faction flag into AETW and change it for the normal mod.

You're not alone being a tad patriotic Helmersen ^^
    "Bröder av nordiskt blod, ma vi spendera vara liv och dö i tjänst at Konungarna i Norr"

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast