Thread: Townhall - Curial Commentary and Chat

Default Re: Townhall - Curial Commentary and Chat

Members of the Curia, A new citizen application.

Yes, I have a strange sense of humor.

General Brewster's Avatar The Flying Dutchman
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ♔PikeStance♔ View Post
    I am adding levity to the situation. Hanging Chad refers to ballots where you have to punch out the votes. The incident was over which votes to count in the State of Florida for the 200 elections between GW and Gore. The election rules stated the ballot has to be punch completely through to count. Anything called "Gate" now refers to any "scandal" in reference to Watergate.

The Party line does the Censor election a disservice. I am quite certain that no election since the removal of the CdeC had more than three applicants. We now have FOUR.
    More fun fact: March /April we had 7 applications for citizenship. THis is the most since We have not had that many since Nov/Dec of 2014. We did have 6 twice in 2015. Bravo to everyone!

The last bit, I am just teasing you!
    Thanks, really couldn't make anything out of it

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by General Brewster View Post
    I thank the Dude-O!.
    Pike had informed me as well after my post, I would just like to remind everyone it's the common procedure to inform the Curator beforehand!
    before I got to become a moderator (and later an Hexer), my procedure was: asking in a PM to my client and with an overseer in copy, if I could ask moderation to confirm me he/she was ok on terms of infractions; once I got the go from the applicant, I asked the overseer to confirm that everything was fine and then once I got that PM i forwarder that to the Curator before posting the application. It's a bit laboriuos, but it will a) grant that everything is fine and b) grant the privacy of the applicant.

I really can't see any other way to be sure or to make if "official" if the patron is not a moderator or hexer (meaning that he can see directly the moderation history of the applicant)
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Flinn View Post
    before I got to become a moderator (and later an Hexer), my procedure was: asking in a PM to my client and with an overseer in copy, if I could ask moderation to confirm me he/she was ok on terms of infractions; once I got the go from the applicant, I asked the overseer to confirm that everything was fine and then once I got that PM i forwarder that to the Curator before posting the application. It's a bit laboriuos, but it will a) grant that everything is fine and b) grant the privacy of the applicant.

I really can't see any other way to be sure or to make if "official" if the patron is not a moderator or hexer (meaning that he can see directly the moderation history of the applicant)
    How you describe it is indeed the best way and a lot of people do it like so! However recently a lot of people have been forgetting to get me in the loop.

I posted the application right before dinner. I already had Hex confirmed moderation history.

Aikanár's Avatar no vaseline
    Blog Entries

Happens, may I suggest to simply pm the Curator first, post the application and then go to dinner next time around. After all, simply forwarding HEX' reply shouldn't end in a case of you starving

Blog Entries

Announcement of the Curator:

As everyone can read
    here(clicky), SoulGamesInc's citizenship has been revoked. This means he loses his Curial function as well. The threads for election of a new censor were already running due to his term running out. Because I don't want to cripple the triumvirate until there is a new censor I've asked Halie to stay on as temp-censor until the new censor arrives.
    Last edited by General Brewster; May 13, 2018 at 06:42 PM. Reason: Spelling

Hitai de Bodemloze's Avatar 避世絕俗
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

Wait, what? His citizenship was revoked because of an off-site video?

Blog Entries

I can't talk for the decision of the Censors. I would suggest watching the video though. I support any revocation of citizenship for people who talk about other members like that.

Hitai de Bodemloze's Avatar 避世絕俗
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

I saw it. Some strong words for sure, but entirely outside of the Curia's jurisdiction to reprimand.

Blog Entries

Not really, off site material has been used in referrals for as long as I have been a citizen.

What the heck is happening lately in the TWC Media group? This is no good for the community here guys.

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Hitai de Bodemloze View Post
    Some strong words for sure....
    Stronger words than just "some strong words" come on my mind to be honest when thinking on a suitable description. Fortunately we are in the curia...
    Last edited by Jadli; May 13, 2018 at 06:40 PM.

Saw the video. Frustration perhaps, but for that you get your citizenship removed? Isn't free speech acceptable or am i wrong here.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by izzi View Post
    Saw the video. Frustration perhaps, but for that you get your citizenship removed? Isn't free speech acceptable or am i wrong here.
    Calling members a "" is hardly behavior becoming of a citizen, or do you disagree?

Hannibal2001's Avatar Simply Barbaric

Quote Originally Posted by izzi View Post
    Using such words publicly off site in a hateful video to describe members of the community and expect to get away with it by calling it free speech doesn't leave a good a impression about TWC. You can see that in the comments of the video fueled by even more insulting responses.

We cannot expect that to slide off, what image would it leave on other citizens or members of TWC?
    Last edited by Hannibal2001; May 13, 2018 at 06:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by General Brewster View Post
    Calling members a "" is hardly behavior becoming of a citizen, or do you disagree?
    You are correct. But when you are frustrated you say...well...weird things. I just feel that it's just bad for the community and TWC in general. I do not want a schism here, as we are struggling already sometimes. It saddens me to see those things here. Maybe we had to talk to him personal and find a consensus to work out the problem.

It will be interesting to see if the results are appealed, but until then I'll defer giving my long winded opinion on the matter and boil it down to this essential part: if citizenship is awarded for contributing to the community, it is appropriate to remove citizenship for public slander of the same.

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hitai
    Wait, what? His citizenship was revoked because of an off-site video?
    The video was posted on TWC publicly. Twice. So I can reasonably assume you could have seen them and I'm not revealing anything. I realise that may raise more questions, but I'd rather not get into it until all the factors are public. If that never happens, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Izzi
    Isn't free speech acceptable
    Actually no. This is a privately owned forum. What freedom of speech you have is decided by Hex, governed by the ToS and according to what GeD allows. Don't worry about it though. GeD allows quite a lot..

Quote Originally Posted by Jadli
    Stronger words than just "some strong words"
    Maybe just let this play out without getting involved. Just some honest advice.

Gaius Baltar's Avatar Old gods die hard
    Blog Entries

Appears to be a long running feud between several board members that was allowed to progress to this point. Not good for board relations or for board reputation. Losing long serving members of the community on both sides apparently.

This should have been dealt with much sooner.

​​
    Pillaging and Plundering since 2006

The House of Baltar

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers