Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: RELEASE; SPARTA TOTAL WAR 3.5

Spartan198's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: RELEASE; SPARTA TOTAL WAR 3.5

Use the grassy flatland map and you shouldn't get any CTDs. I play all my CBs on it and have never had any problems.

Sorry to disappoint, but it's doubtful we'll be adding a Thermopylae map. Hardcoded limits make Thermopylae maps less than ideal for what they're supposed to be.

where´s the Sparta IV post?

Quote Originally Posted by Tenerife_Boy View Post
    where´s the Sparta IV post?
    You mean the Sparta 4 thread?

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=348688

yeah, thanks for the link, why I doesn´t see it in the main list? :S

We weren’t sure if we would do it, and it will be some time before we start, so there’s no point in sticking it yet.
    Formerly quetzalcoatl. Proud leader of STW3 and member of the RTR, FATW and QNS teams.

bad news for me what about the material I gave to you?? it´s useless? :S I think you could get very nice models from there...

Sparta 4 will happen and yes the material you gave will be very useful.
    Formerly quetzalcoatl. Proud leader of STW3 and member of the RTR, FATW and QNS teams.

I really love this mod guy, you know ancient greece is my best hobby

blackpete's Avatar Foederatus

Have the creators messed with the AI? Because sometimes my units do whatever they want instead of what I order them.

And something else. I've already posted somewhere else this idea of mine. My two favorite mods are Sparta Total War and Europa Barbarorum. The first because it has such a great map and depth for the greek culture, and the second because it gives the game great management depth and historical accuracy. I believe that a combination of these 2 mods would be ideal and perfect. Can this happen?

I'd rather not see STW become anything like EB. Our aim for Sparta was fun factor and playability, not 100% historical accuracy like EB.

Can I merge them somehow or combine them in a way, just for my personal use?

You can merge them how you like mate.

We havent done anything with the ai, we mainly done a reskin and added a map.

Is there any tutorial? I want to put in EB the map, settlements and factions of SpartaTW.

My first post! The best mod I've seen, very well done. Had teething problems with the installer version but the (game freezing up during battles) .rar worked after following the instructions. Once again thanks for the good work.

Thanks leonidas, yes we are sorry about that, some people have problems some don’t, coding isn’t my strongest point.

looks like a good mod!!

It´s still in development?

It´s still in development?
    Well on reflection I was a bit hasty in releasing it when I did, it could have had the last minute changes added to the release thread, and been tested more. I don’t know if we will do anything more with the rtw version, but once a classical era buildings conversion has been done for m2tw then there is a good chance we will make the mod for that.

At the moment we are making, ultimate warriors; the han dynasty Vs imperial rome, the han are almost complete and I will add the romans from Sparta to it etc.

Screenies thread soon!

Hi Quetzalcoatl and all Sparta TW team !!!! I would like to congratulate all of your work and efforts to develop this wonderful RTW mod ....

I have an ordinary question ...

In the instalation guide , one of the steps ( i don´t remind if it ´s 4th or 5th ) says that we have to copy two files of the Sparta folder and paste over the similar RTW files in order to replace them ... but , in Released mods - TWC Wiki , the mods seems to be completely modfoldered ( green folder ) . Could this replacement affect the Vanilla game ?

TY all guys in advance ...
    Last edited by MarKusDib; September 11, 2010 at 04:32 PM. Reason: editing ... 4. Copy the 'banners' folder, and the 'models_engine' and overwrite the main rtw versions of them both.