Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Preview Scroll Three: The Song Dynasty

Default Re: Preview Scroll Three: The Song Dynasty

nice job man. so when you working on Dai Viet Faction plz notice us maybe we have some more detail for u because we've still continued to find the history evidence

zero0609's Avatar Civis

Great preview, I am really amazed by the amount of effort you guys put into researching the history of Song, I don't even know some of the stuff in the preview and i am Chinese

I think you guys made a mistake in the ethnography part of the preview, shouldn't it be Jiangzhe(江浙) instead of Liangzhe?

I just finished scanning the preview and I have to say again......Damn fellas. That was the best preview I have seen. I hope you get a couple more people to help you with this great project. I live in Taiwan so am I really appreciate the wok you guys have done.

Excellent as always, keep up the good work.
    Morning Sun (adds Korea and China to the Shogun 2 map)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...28-Morning-Sun

Expanded Japan mod (97 new regions and 101 new factions)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ew-factions%29

How to split a region in TWS2
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...split-a-region

Eras Total Conquest 2.3 (12 campaigns from 970-1547)

awsome!

Augustus Lucifer's Avatar Life = Like a beanstalk
    Patrician Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Rinan View Post
    Anyhow, I wondered; since artillery will have a more defensive purpose in this mod (at least for factions like the Song), does that mean you've found a way to make artillery more effective from behind city walls?
    I believe Dominion of the Sword was trying to elevate catapults and ballistas and cannons up on the castle walls, but I'm not sure, might be wrong.
    It would be cool to see, anyways.
    The ability to elevate artillery to city walls is something that Argantonio achieved some time ago using the World Editor. DotS is likely awaiting a time at which they can utilize this new technology. You can read up more on the world editor and its progress here, there's a lot that has been done with it and one of the main future hurdles will be making it so the layman isn't to confused to use it!

Quote Originally Posted by zero0609 View Post
    I think you guys made a mistake in the ethnography part of the preview, shouldn't it be Jiangzhe(江浙) instead of Liangzhe?
    It's possible. The ethnography information was provided by Xuande, he was one of our better researchers we've had but has sadly since left due to real life commitments. He left us some good information about the Song, but most of it is stuff we'd have trouble building on as it is university-level and none of the current team members are pursuing an East Asian History degree.

To all who can't open the spoilers, it's advised you check to see if you can open them as soon as you first load the page, and if you can't then try refreshing immediately. This seems to be an issue vB has on several occasions which is solved by refreshing the page 99% of the time.

I am glad to see that work on this mod continues, you have come far. The preview is excellent, the text entertaining and the images stunning! The video looks amazing! Will that be the intro movie for the Song in campaign?

I've put this in the news at TWH.
    Protein cores made in the rough endoplasmic reticulum are posttranslationally modified by glycosyltransferases in the Golgi apparatus, where GAG disaccharides are added to protein cores to yield proteoglycans; the exception is hyaluronan, which is uniquely synthesized without a protein core and is "spun out" by enzymes at cell surfaces directly into the extracellular space.

S-te-Fan's Avatar Primicerius
    Diessen, The Netherlands, Near the belgium border.

Omg, there's some of my work in this preview . The flamethrower!

James the Red's Avatar Campidoctor

I am convinced that this mod will one day have as much of a following as Europa Barbarorum, it looks truly excellent.

I have a question, it mentions the Byzantines at the flame thrower unit, I am wondering, how much did the Chinese and Romans know about each other?

Quote Originally Posted by JonathanB View Post
    I live in Taiwan so am I really appreciate the wok you guys have done.
    My brothers wife is from Taiwan

Are you ethnically Chinese or Taiwan native?

WImPyTjeH's Avatar Wimpy of the Sore Ass

Quote Originally Posted by Yelü Dashi View Post
    For those of you complaining about spoilers not opening: wait. There are literally 100mbs of images in the preview, which is why we created a thumbnail version in the first post.
    Err... no doesn't work with thumbnails version either, the spoilers still won't open...

I can easily load all the images in the normal version too, no problem, but the spoilers just don't open for me...

Wundai's Avatar Artifex

Oh yes, I guess after the preview, its finally okay for me to put Previewed Song Units in my profile picture.
    Ey Alex

Btw my buildings came out great on the pictures, thanks for that
    Last edited by Wundai; August 26, 2009 at 12:48 PM.

amazing... thank you

I also had a problem with opening the spoilers, but once I refreshed the page, they worked fine.
    Protein cores made in the rough endoplasmic reticulum are posttranslationally modified by glycosyltransferases in the Golgi apparatus, where GAG disaccharides are added to protein cores to yield proteoglycans; the exception is hyaluronan, which is uniquely synthesized without a protein core and is "spun out" by enzymes at cell surfaces directly into the extracellular space.

TiTiTimmy's Avatar Centenarius

OMG very nice +rep
    Wanted for:
    Breaking and gluing back together and trying to pass off as never being broken in the first place.
    Assault with a weapon that couldn't have possibly been deadly, but unfortunately was

"You know what they say: give a man a fish, and he'll stink up the whole town. Give a man a fishing rod -- see where I'm going here? Give him a fishing rod and he'll poke your eye out."

Rep goes both ways, just leave your name

Use another browser if you can't open the spoilers. When I used Google Chrome instead of Firefox it worked.

apple's Avatar Searching for 42

Well done guys.
    Son of Legio
    Father of Paedric & Remlap
    Roma Surrectum II, Ages of Darkness II, Rome Total Realism & RTR: Imperium Surrectum Developer

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam

Very nice work. I can't wait to see the code on this game.
    Son of PW

cocobongoclub-DJ's Avatar Père fourmois

My goodness, i though that i have saw the most beautiful previews, and i discovers yours... Awesome is not strong enough, keep it up, it's stunning...
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Under the Noble Patronage of Agisilaos
    CATW Modeller skinner since 2006, now retired - Proud grandfather of Classical-Age Total War, the ancient world in 300 bc...
    http://www.ancient-battles.com

Hello,

I have a question: are there this type of Chinese unit like in Age of Empires 2?

"Chu Ko Nu is the unique unit of the Chinese civilisation. This unique unit has the properties of the Arbalest" but can fire 5 arrows in a row. The only disadvantage is the range of the unit, it has a range of 4 : a poor range for an archer.

It would be great to see that...I wonder if they could fire 5 fire arrows too at the same time...It must have been impressive...

Jup, we'll have units with repeating crossbows.