Thread: Simply Anoying

Default Simply Anoying

Could AI be a bit clever with menaging it's armies?
    Im sick of milion tiny armies ! They are just ruining the gameplay!

And can you advice me on my campaign?
    Last edited by The Despondent Mind; August 18, 2009 at 08:30 AM.

Athenogoras's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Simply Anoying

Could AI be a bit clever with menaging it's armies?
    I dont think it is possible to improve this behaviour. Perhaps AI combines armies more on lower battledifficulty(do you play vh). If you have alexander-tw you might also try to run it through this exe. AI seems to combine armies more with this exe.

And can you advice me on my campaign?
    You have too little cash. Tax your population harder. Conquer Flanders.

BUt this problem doesn't occurs in other mods.

Maybe it has to do with how the units are a lot stronger than in vanilla RTW/most mods. Because even spear militia have like 14 defense, maybe the AI thinks they're stronger than they should be. Donno. Also happens sometimes if the AI is building up and you attack, it tends to get confused (but lots of things confuse it).

As for your campaign, it seems some of your towns are not building things, I guess you need more money. I usually have 1-2 units of peasants (or other cheap stuff) in a town, and tax as much as I can so that the happiness is 75% and above. And of course build the tax buildings, etc. Also, England has all those coastal places, you'll want to get the harbor/safe port up for sea trade.

Then start expanding like crazy. England doesn't get the -50% tax bonus that some factions (France/HRE/bohemia) get, so it's very nice. Each town can usually give you 1000+ from taxes alone, so start blitzing someone like crazy. Your Norman Men-at-Arms (London/Rouen) are awesome because of morale, and 1 turn recruit, so spam those. You'll have to take some of scotland to get good armor piercing units, though. The lewgnaght mercs are good but only hirable from taverns in scotland. Of course, you can use foot knights ... (to kill enemy armored spearmen) but I don't like them too much.

The HRE, by the way, are huge and you can bite them easily at first, but then the AI gets clever to you and I at least had problems when a large army of Swabians and stuff started appearing every time I sieged a city - it dropped three stacks into 1 by attrition.
    Last edited by Alavaria; August 18, 2009 at 05:48 PM.

Here's my kingdom 4hours after Athengorase's post
    The HRE, by the way, are huge and you can bite them easily at first, but then the AI gets clever to you and I at least had problems when a large army of Swabians and stuff started appearing every time I sieged a city - it dropped three stacks into 1 by attrition.
    Tell me about.It's like fighting Chinese not Germans.

You have a bunch of settlements with green people (100% or more public order). Can't you raise taxes there? If it's 100% at Low Taxes then yeah, but otherwise, they should go up. There's no real advantage to having more than 75% public order. Unless the AI seems to be spamming spies at you...

Quote Originally Posted by Alavaria View Post
    You have a bunch of settlements with green people (100% or more public order). Can't you raise taxes there? If it's 100% at Low Taxes then yeah, but otherwise, they should go up. There's no real advantage to having more than 75% public order. Unless the AI seems to be spamming spies at you...
    I raised the taxes.But i just don't like to see YElow people.
    And it's to damn hard to raise an army for the crusades or for Scotland!I just need money and those solders.but i gather slowly a crusader army

Hmm, well being in the Yellow isn't bad in any way ^__^.

Now scotland is annoying because they have stacks of all these elites, honestly. It's easier to cheeze them by using a catapault and assaulting a settlement when the stack is not inside. This way you can gain a place to train the lewgnaht mercs. The rebels will probably just stand around confused at suddenly losing their settlement.

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Funny thread, thanks, gave a few laughter.

P.S.: Mind, why are you whining that hard, after all it seems you've crushed the Franks.
    I normally don't see that much divided AI troops in my ChivTW games... what's the difficulty setting btw.? The mod is mainly balanced on H/H, alternative every combination below, but not Easy/Easy ...lol.
    Last edited by DaVinci; August 21, 2009 at 11:12 AM.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Quote Originally Posted by DaVinci View Post

Funny thread, thanks, gave a few laughter.

P.S.: Mind, why are you whining that hard, after all it seems you've crushed the Franks.
    I normally don't see that much divided AI troops in my ChivTW games... what's the difficulty setting btw.? The mod is mainly balanced on H/H, alternative every combination below, but not Easy/Easy ...lol.
    It's M/H
    I crushed the franks pretty much later.BUt the problem is they with 4 cities spawn armies like hell and nobody attacks them.As Alavaria Said when you conquer a lot of Cities from one particular faction they get MAD.But when i conqured Fougers and Anmgers they where calm only attacked me once.