Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Interactive Map Guide version 1

Default Re: Map comments

Ireland looks amazing!
    'Sup Gentlemen...
    "Militant" Atheist (Just kidding)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxGMqKCcN6A
    My Political Profile http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?p=8819965#post8819965

I think there is far too much of Africa being presented in this map. Much more in Africa than would ever really be used.
    Heir to Noble Savage in the Imperial House of Wilpuri

Hengest's Avatar It's a joke

You don't know that yet, wait and see what we do with it...

saamohod's Avatar Tiro

Hi, i got a question. What is the size of the map, absolutely and compared to vanilla?

Really big . No, seriously speaking tho, the map is slightly larger because we've removed the Americas and allowed for farther Eastern & Southern African Borders.
    DKnIgHT, ODiN_X
    Like my comments, like me, like what I do?! If so, rep me and leave your name so I can rep you back!
    -Dominion of the Sword: Promotional, Traits, Admin Assistant, and Coder

STELLover's Avatar Senator

Wow Wow Wow Wow

ROME 2 Mod: More Cities and Settlements on Campaign Map:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=194761024

Keyser Soze's Avatar Domesticus

nice map. but one notice, in winter you have too much snow. all white land seems little peliculiar... i think Ireland or England were notime all under snow....
    if it´s possible to do, look Empire map how winter looks.
    good luck with your job
    sorry my english.

Radboud's Avatar Luctor et Emergo

Quote Originally Posted by visitor View Post
    nice map. but one notice, in winter you have too much snow. all white land seems little peliculiar... i think Ireland or England were notime all under snow....
    if it´s possible to do, look Empire map how winter looks.
    good luck with your job
    I think it's realistic, the weather/climate was different (compared to nowadays) in the middle ages. (I'm not an expert on this though )

Quote Originally Posted by Radboud View Post
    I think it's realistic, the weather/climate was different (compared to nowadays) in the middle ages. (I'm not an expert on this though )
    maybe, but i´m afraid that the sea coast was never under snow as mountains/highlands. don´t forgot the Gulf stream
    between 1200 - 1300 and around 1600 a.d. was something like "small ice age" when froze south part of Baltic sea or north part of Adriatic sea... but it doesn´t mean that was all time cold, around 1500 was so warm that to central europe flew grasshopers from south Medi sea and at some christmas, trees came into flower...
    only last 100 years we can see global warm up and it´s +/- 0.5 °C.
    Last edited by Keyser Soze; March 19, 2009 at 04:27 AM.
    sorry my english.

Radboud's Avatar Luctor et Emergo

Quote Originally Posted by visitor View Post
    maybe, but i´m afraid that the sea coast was never under snow as mountains/highlands. don´t forgot the Gulf stream
    between 1200 - 1300 and around 1600 a.d. was something like "small ice age" when froze south part of Baltic sea or north part of Adriatic sea... but it doesn´t mean that was all time cold, around 1500 was so warm that to central europe flew grasshopers from south Medi sea and at some christmas, trees came into flower...
    only last 100 years we can see global warm up and it´s +/- 0.5 °C.
    I agree on the coasts thing and that it wasn't cold all the time , but the global warm-up isn't entirely true; yes it's warmer now (generally speaking) than 100 years ago, but the climate changes periodically.

when we speak about Ireland/Britain the cold year mean more rainy and freez weather. Heavy snow and long froze was rare, and in the south is warmer as in the north. so maybe to south give no snow...
    and what you say on my example (Empire map), we speak about 200-300 years different, it´s not possible the weather changed so quickly .
    i can only help to mod team... it´s realy seems paliculiar when all Ireland, or Britain are white.
    sorry my english.

Quote Originally Posted by Radboud View Post
    You are right, it was different. Generaly the climate in middleages was much warmer than today.

And about quick changes of climate. It's true that climate changes periodicaly and it can change in 200 or 300 years. It's sometimes unbelievable, but it's true. But "global warming" is another thing with no exaple in the past.. Sorry for OT.

I think that it's true, that in Britain permanent snow cover in winter is something rare, but I also belive, that there are more important things about map to deal with KEEP UP GOOD WORK!!! Map looks amazing.

Subuatai de Bodemloze's Avatar No rest for the wicked
    50 degrees, 26.2 minutes North, 119 degrees, 12.4 minutes West

Hate to break it to you guys, but climate map is not done yet. So don't worry to much about it as it will change.. And England and the isles do see snow.. maybe not as much as the Rocky mts. but it does snow there as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Future Filmmaker View Post
    I think there is far too much of Africa being presented in this map. Much more in Africa than would ever really be used.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hross View Post
    You don't know that yet, wait and see what we do with it...
    Yes, I'm curious about this. I posted a suggestion here:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=241549

I think Anatolia should be as mountainous as Scotland and Northern Italy. The Alp-Himaleya mountain range passes through Anatolia. The direction of the montains and the places of the passages influenced the whole wars fought in Anatolia.

Actually the whole map lacks some mountains

Groenepuntmuts's Avatar Miles

Isn't it a waste to include that much of Africa and scandinavia/russia? what could possibly take place there? most players may never see it anyway. other than that : great map. is it bigger than stainless steels' ?
    Last edited by Groenepuntmuts; April 06, 2009 at 10:36 AM. Reason: spelling

Copperknickers II's Avatar quaeri, si sapis
    Citizen

Not at all. You don't know what we plan to do with those portions of the map ;P.
    A new mobile phone tower went up in a town in the USA, and the local newspaper asked a number of people what they thought of it. Some said they noticed their cellphone reception was better. Some said they noticed the tower was affecting their health.

A local administrator was asked to comment. He nodded sagely, and said simply: "Wow. And think about how much more pronounced these effects will be once the tower is actually operational."

Groenepuntmuts's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Copperknickers View Post
    Not at all. You don't know what we plan to do with those portions of the map ;P.
    Sounds like I won't be dissapointed then ;o

I just want to make a point: at year 1.000 most of the coast line was different from now, but there were some very clear places today that were different (or were not) in that past. One of those places is the Ebro delta, at the most southern coast of Catalonia, eastern Spain. It's just a tiny detail, but if you're detail-lovers I think you'll appreciate it.

Nothing more. The map looks really great, the colors, the shapes, everything looks just great. Congratulations, really.
    "Déu és beure bé, menjar fresc i llevar-se a les deu"
    (God is to drink well, to eat fresh and to wake up at ten)
    ------ from the Catalan "Inquisition Trials Archive"

Cèsar de Quart
    Europe 1200 Team Member

Thanks for comments. The problem with this is, that we may know the coast was different, but we have no sources on how it looked like back then (maps). Therefore basically everything will look like today and not like it looked 1000 years ago because of it. On the other hand I hope people who knows it, such as you, Alexios, knows about Ebro delta, will provide the map with how it actually looked so I could change it that way. Saying "it looked different" does not help much in this and even if I wanted to change Ebro delta, I have no idea how...

Mod Leader, Mapper & Bohemian Researcher