Page 17 of 51 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262742 ... LastLast

Thread: DBEditor 1.8

Default Re: DBEditor 1.5.1

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at DBEditor.PackLoadingDialog.PackLoadingDialog_Shown(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnShown(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Form.CallShownEvent()
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbackDo(ThreadMethodEntry tme)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbackHelper(Object obj)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.runTryCode(Object userData)
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallback(ThreadMethodEntry tme)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbacks()

That is what I'm asking for, except instead of the Null Reference Exception, the second error you get after you hit continue (the Table.Type one, hit the 'Details" button)

Follow up to Question #1, what particular OS are you running? And, when you point to it manually, does a dialog appear on its own, or do you have to push the Add Directory Button yourself?
    Last edited by Jinarik; September 24, 2009 at 10:57 AM.

alpaca's Avatar Harbinger of saliva

Quote Originally Posted by Jinarik View Post
    @ToonTotalWar:

1. Do you have to manually point to your \data folder, or is brought up automatically for you?
    2. You cannot load CA .pack files, DBEditor loads them automatically for you. (Post #301)
    3. Could you put up the stack trace (the list with all the "at"'s in it) on the 2nd error, the "table battle_entities_tables does not contain a Table.Type property" error?

@LtChamber, or Alpaca:
    Either of you noticed a "patch_media.pack" in your ETW \data directory that seems to have been created by 1.4?
    Yeah the patch_media is movie type and contains the injun background movie

Quote Originally Posted by ToonTotalWar View Post
    Answers to above:

1. I manually have to point to "data" folder
    2. I never see CA .pack files, ONLY my mods appear?
    3. ????? not sure what you mean ?????

This is getting me frustrated and annoyed that i cannot use this editor to finish my mods!
    CA packs don't appear in the selection list, if you have any greyed-out files in the dropdown list they have been loaded.

No thing is everything. Every thing is nothing.

Just did a quick Test and recreated your Error ToonTotalWar.

Just for confirmation, you are running Windows 7 correct?

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Just did a quick Test and recreated your Error ToonTotalWar.

Just for confirmation, you are running Windows 7 correct?
    No i run, Windows XP Service Pack 3 32 Bit??

LT Chambers & Alpaca - Any ideas on resolving my problem with DB Editor from posts 307 & 308 please??
    Last edited by ToonTotalWar; September 24, 2009 at 11:59 AM.

Interesting, I was able to recreate your error by forcing the program to not find my registry entry, so I wonder if you are missing the registry entry. To check, hold down the Windows key and press 'R' (or look in the Start Menu, bottom right just above Log Off and Shut Down for 'Run'), this should bring up the Run dialog, enter 'regedit'. This will bring up the Windows registry. Don't worry, it's just a big Folder List. Look for either:

"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Steam App 10500"
    "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Steam App 10600"

do either of these exist? If so, if you select either folder, does the right side of the window look something like this (see attached image)?

Nope, no idea from me.

Alright, so I when back to my older versions, everything works fine in the DBEditor now, but my game still crashes...
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=260572

Game Scripter @ Reverie World Studios

Interesting, I was able to recreate your error by forcing the program to not find my registry entry, so I wonder if you are missing the registry entry. To check, hold down the Windows key and press 'R' (or look in the Start Menu, bottom right just above Log Off and Shut Down for 'Run'), this should bring up the Run dialog, enter 'regedit'. This will bring up the Windows registry. Don't worry, it's just a big Folder List. Look for either:

"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Steam App 10500"
    "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Steam App 10600"

do either of these exist? If so, if you select either folder, does the right side of the window look something like this (see attached image)?
    I get to the stage of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall but there is no Steam App 10500.
    I have upgraded my PC and i have my old hard drive connected? as i did manually move the empire folder into the new hard drive, and that was over three weeks ago?? i did not do a new install as i have had no problems till Patch 1.4 as game has been running stable
    Pic below showing that there is no Steam App 10500?

I get to the stage of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall but there is no Steam App 10500.
    That explains the error, I've already put in a catch for this, and will be e-mailing LtChambers the updated code to avoid this, hopefully you'll be up and running very soon.

I have upgraded my PC and i have my old hard drive connected? as i did manually move the empire folder into the new hard drive, and that was over three weeks ago?? i did not do a new install as i have had no problems till Patch 1.4
    Pic below showing that there is no Steam App 10500?
    Now THAT is bizarre, but a quick question, were you running DBEditor 1.3 prior to ETW patch 1.4?

That explains the error, I've already put in a catch for this, and will be e-mailing LtChambers the updated code to avoid this, hopefully you'll be up and running very soon.

Now THAT is bizarre, but a quick question, were you running DBEditor 1.2 prior to ETW patch 1.4?
    Nope, i was running PFM 1.11 and PFM 1.11b to do all my unit corrections in db files, i had DB Editor 1.2 and it runs fine as i have tried it but the program does not allow my changes??
    Please tell me this can be resolved, and i suppose i am ok running my game as is at present till we find an solution?
    Last edited by ToonTotalWar; September 24, 2009 at 12:39 PM.

i don't know why but like ToonTotalWar, i get error when i open dbeditor. :S

Nope, i was running PFM 1.11 and PFM 1.11b to do all my unit corrections in db files, i had DB Editor 1.2 and it runs fine as i have tried it but the program does not allow my changes??
    Please tell me this can be resolved??
    It can be resolved, and it has been resolved, so as soon as LtChambers puts in the modified code I sent him, and puts up a quick hot-fix version, you won't be getting this error at all.

PackLoadingDialog was added to DBEditor 1.4, so the particular piece of code that is causing you error didn't exist in the version you were running. .

i don't know why but like ToonTotalWar, i get error when i open dbeditor. :S
    The same error as ToonTotalWar? A "System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object." error? If so, then just wait for the hotfix.

It can be resolved, and it has been resolved, so as soon as LtChambers puts in the modified code I sent him, and puts up a quick hot-fix version, you won't be getting this error at all.

PackLoadingDialog was added to DBEditor 1.4, so the particular piece of code that is causing you error didn't exist in the version you were running. .

The same error as ToonTotalWar? A "System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object." error? If so, then just wait for the hotfix.
    Thanks Jarnik, i hope this works as i have lots to do to my mod!, thank you
    Lt Chambers - Please PM me once you have Hotfix please, +rep to you both

toontotalwar, your problem occurs when you open dbeditor, yes? you can't do anything, just suddenly error appears. Am I right?

Quote Originally Posted by AmiR TimuR View Post
    toontotalwar, your problem occurs when you open dbeditor, yes? you can't do anything, just suddenly error appears. Am I right?
    Yes, i then press "Continue" and i can open some files but most i cannot due to further "table error etc.."?

Quote Originally Posted by ToonTotalWar View Post

LT Chambers & Alpaca - Any ideas on resolving my problem with DB Editor from posts 307 & 308 please??
    I'm at work now but I would like to give some information from my tests tonight.

I run the same version like Toons above. Completely re-installed WinXP SP3 32Bit on new upgraded PC just two days ago. Everything clean and unchanged + required .NET 3.5

I can't paste my "aum_units" or "aum_units_stats_land" tables into the new created equal tables in the DBE 1.5.1.

Do we just have to copy/paste all the data lines without the header or all of the TSV? Both actions did not work for me.

I've tried the same with Toon's AWI mod "British_mod.pack"... unfortunately exactly same behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Halberdier View Post
    I'm at work now but I would like to give some information from my tests this night.

I run the same version like Toons above. Completely re-installed WinXP SP3 32Bit on new upgraded PC just two days ago. Everything clean and unchanged + needed .NET.

I can't paste my "aum_units" or "aum_units_stats" tables into the new created equal tables in the DBE 1.5.1.

Do we just have to copy/paste all the data lines without the header or all of the TSV? Both actions did not work for me.

I've tried the same thing with Toon's AWI mod "British_mod.pack"... unfortunately exactly same behavior.
    Just the data lines but you have to add any missing columns first.

Edit: When updating factions table, the new column was actually added before the rebels column which is why the columns are labeled wrongly at the moment. What's called Rebels is the new column and the next one is rebels, the same goes for early and late availability

Quote Originally Posted by alpaca View Post

Edit: When updating factions table, the new column was actually added before the rebels column which is why the columns are labeled wrongly at the moment. What's called Rebels is the new column and the next one is rebels, the same goes for early and late availability
    Thanks for your answer alpaca!

Yes I did integrate the new columns into "aum_units" + "aum_units_stats_land". (MP Limit + Fire while moving)

But no success until now, but I'll look at it later after I'm coming home from work.

Quote Originally Posted by alpaca View Post

What exactly do you mean?

On another note, were there any tables that added new rows, not columns? Because I am still getting a game crash I most of my files are just the new stuff I have added, and I think I have checked every file but I am still getting crashes so I do not know.
    Last edited by harshman_chris; September 24, 2009 at 02:22 PM.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=260572

Game Scripter @ Reverie World Studios

LT chambers - Any chance of that Hotfix from Janarik for tonight please, as i really want to start on my mods, as this "Fire while moving" is not good news for some of my units!! thank you in advance