Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 1080 campaign

Default Re: 1080 campaign

Is there any possibility integrating Banate of Bosnia (with one small region) between Kingdom of Croatia and Kingdom of Serbia in next version. I will research for you. Bosnia, in that time, was a small Banate (ruler was ban Ivan Kotromanic from 1059. till 1082/85) under Hungarian patronate (they were vassals to Hungaria). I would love to see Bosnia, Croatia and Serbia together in some mod...

Map with a small Banate of Bosnia between Croatia and Serbia:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Rebelling against Hungaria:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by sportsman81; January 14, 2010 at 04:05 PM.

Hrobatos's Avatar Praeses

that map isnot from 1080
    Last edited by Hrobatos; January 14, 2010 at 03:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hrobatos View Post
    in 1080 bosnia was under kingdom of duklja
    Huh? What are you taling about? In 1180 Bosnian ban Kulin ruled over Bosnia. But why I am discussing with you...the makers of this Mod can look at euroatlas and they will see that Bosnia was state in 1000. 1100. 1200 etc.
    kada se bjehmo svadili, tada nas Stjepan Rajkovic umiri i da nam nas grad Bobovac, a neda ga dati Ugrom.

"And when we were in a quarrel between each other; Stijepan Rajkovic calmed us down. And we entrusted our capital of Bobovac to him after which he defended it against the Hungarians (King Tvrtko I Kotromanic 1366.)"

In 1080 Bosnia was Banate under Hungarian patronate, they were Hungarian vassals. Yet, between 1082-1085, when Konstantin Bodin became King of Duklja, he conquered Bosnia and Rashka/Serbia while Bosnian Ban Ivan Kotromanic flew to Hungary. Then, Bodin sets a new Bosnian Ban Stjepan1 to be his vassal. In Rashka (Serbia) he sets Zupan Vukan to be his vassal. Sources:

1. Deinde caepit Bosnam posuitque ibi Stephanum knezium. Presbyteri Diocleatis regnum Slav., Lucius page 300. - - -
    - - - Franjo Racki, "Borba juznih Slovjena za drzavnu neovisnost u XI. vijeku (Rad jug. akad. XXX. page 93.)

Also see: Vjekoslav Klaic, "Poviest Bosne do propasti kraljevstva", page 45.

Quote Originally Posted by sportsman81 View Post
    In 1080 Bosnia was Banate under Hungarian patronate, they were Hungarian vassals. Yet, between 1082-1085, when Konstantin Bodin became King of Duklja, he conquered Bosnia and Rashka/Serbia while Bosnian Ban Ivan Kotromanic flew to Hungary. Then, Bodin sets a new Bosnian Ban Stjepan1 to be his vassal. In Rashka (Serbia) he sets Zupan Vukan to be his vassal. Sources:

1. Deinde caepit Bosnam posuitque ibi Stephanum knezium. Presbyteri Diocleatis regnum Slav., Lucius page 300. - - - Franjo Racki, "Borba juznih Slovjena za drzavnu neovisnost u XI. vijeku (Rad jug. akad. XXX. page 93.)

Also see: Vjekoslav Klaic, "Poviest Bosne do propasti kraljevstva", page 45.
    Klaic was not a good historian. Read what his graddoughter writes in het book:"The political position of the Bosnian rulers till the cronation of Tvrtko I"

Nada Klaic was a respected profesor. She writes correct:"There is no proof that Ban Boric was not an independent ruler. Ban Boric ruled around 1163-1168, dont know exactly. According to her Bosnia was independent from 1163.
    kada se bjehmo svadili, tada nas Stjepan Rajkovic umiri i da nam nas grad Bobovac, a neda ga dati Ugrom.

"And when we were in a quarrel between each other; Stijepan Rajkovic calmed us down. And we entrusted our capital of Bobovac to him after which he defended it against the Hungarians (King Tvrtko I Kotromanic 1366.)"

Quote Originally Posted by Bosnian_King View Post
    Huh? What are you taling about? In 1180 Bosnian ban Kulin ruled over Bosnia. But why I am discussing with you...the makers of this Mod can look at euroatlas and they will see that Bosnia was state in 1000. 1100. 1200 etc.
    It is not about 1180 nor Great Ban Kulin.
    It's about campaign 1080.

factions are used, if he adds bosnia he has to remove somebody....
    Last edited by Hrobatos; January 14, 2010 at 04:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bosnian_King View Post
    Klaic was not a good historian. Read what his graddoughter writes in het book:"The political position of the Bosnian rulers till the cronation of Tvrtko I"

Nada Klaic was a respected profesor. She writes correct:"There is no proof that Ban Boric was not an independent ruler. Ban Boric ruled around 1163-1168, dont know exactly. According to her Bosnia was independent from 1163.
    You are out off topic totally. No need to be smart. It is not about that period. And Bosnia was semi-independent (as vassal) even before Ban Boric. And during Ban Boric Bosnia was semi-independent (vassals to Hungary). This topic is about 1080 and Bosnia was semi-independent in 1080. That year Bosnia was Hungarian vassal ruled by Bosnian Ban Ivan Kotromanic.

See this: Nikola Lasvanin, "Ljetopis", page 96.

In this book, on page 96, it says: "In year 1059. Andre, Hungarian King was killed by Bela, new Hungarian King---Also, in this year 1059. Petar Kresimir IV. was King of Croatia and Dalmatia, a son of King Stjepan----1059. Bosnians accepted to be vassals to Hungary, but with one condition, that they can choose among them selves their own ruler (Ban), so, they chose Ivan Kotromanic as Bosnian Ban".

btw. Vjekoslav Klaic is very good historian also as his granddaughter Nada Klaic.
    Last edited by sportsman81; January 14, 2010 at 04:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hrobatos View Post
    factions are used, if he adds bosnia he has to remove somebody....
    He can add Bosnia in next version if it's not possible now.
    Anyway, it's his call to add it now, in next version, or not at all.

I cant find on the internet anybody with the same problem but only on the 1080 campaign when i press the button to start the campaign it breaks and the log said it wasn't a specified error so i can't figure out what it was, i tried alot of the factions and none of them seem to work any advice?

I don't know, you should ask mod leader or co-leaders...

Regarding Bosnia it only be in the campaigns when it was independent. I prefer to have vassals as part of the country they are a vassal of (France and the Holy Roman Empire are examples of this).

Quote Originally Posted by The Holy Pilgrim View Post
    Maybe you should remove the Americas in all of the campaigns except the "New Age" campaign and beyond.
    The problem with this is that if I remove the Americas and add new provinces I have to remove the new provinces in the late campaigns so I can add the Americas. Adding the Americas to the New Age campaign would involve remaking them map as there's no room for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Blooder27 View Post
    I cant find on the internet anybody with the same problem but only on the 1080 campaign when i press the button to start the campaign it breaks and the log said it wasn't a specified error so i can't figure out what it was, i tried alot of the factions and none of them seem to work any advice?
    That was due to an error in the descr_strat. I fixed it in the latest version (1.6).
    Morning Sun (adds Korea and China to the Shogun 2 map)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...28-Morning-Sun

Expanded Japan mod (97 new regions and 101 new factions)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ew-factions%29

How to split a region in TWS2
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...split-a-region

Eras Total Conquest 2.3 (12 campaigns from 970-1547)

Too bad for not having Serbia, Croatia and Bosnia together in some campaign...

oh thanks im gonna go get that patch

Is there any way to bring back the Khwarizmian Cavalry in the 1.6 version?

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Look here

EDIT: Dang it! I just saw that you posted there. Sorry

What about Dubrovnik/Ragusa state?
    It's ahistorical that Venetia( or anyone) controlls it.
    Duchy of Croatia in my Total War?! Oh I can't wait for factions unlocker mod!

in 1080 both Ragusa and Zara will be ( as they actualy were) part of Kingdom of Demetrius Zvonimir, King of Croats and Dalmatians as he titled himself( every croatian king has this title since Stjepan Drzislav(969-9969) who was given the rule of dalmatian cities ( Zara, Spalatum, Ragusa and few islands, else of east adriatic coast was considered to be Croatia) by Byzantines for his help against Bulgars

about Kingdom of Doclea, it should be instead of Serbian Kingdom which didnt existed at the time, it was catholic and enemies of Byzantines, allies with Normans

in lot of places you can find that Doclea( Duklja or Zeta) was serbian catholic kingdom, but in old sources by Byzantines they were called Croats as well as Serbians, thats way in your map, the first you used, Serbia is so big, all those small states were made to be Serbs while only Rascian were Serbs, for other like Docleans, Zahumljans, Naretans, and Bosniaks, well i dont believe they were either Serbs or Croats, more likely some smaller slavic tribes,
    anyway in 1077 Docle was recognized as Kingdom, crown was given by pope, they were catholic( not ortodox like Rascians/Serbs) and Doclea ruled in Rascia(Raska), Bosnia, well all teritoy changes i told you to do before
    i think serbian units with diffetent names will be ok,
    just to explain difference between Doclea and later Serbian Kingdom/Tsarstvo,
    Doclea very soon after it was created, was weaken by Rascians, theyre subject, Rascian grand zhupan( duke) in alliance with Byzantines rebbeled, in 1185 Doclea was attackef by rascian grand zhupan, and completely destroyed
    in 1217 Rascia, now often called Serbia become Kingdom, and in 1346 a Tsarstvo( Empire)
    Last edited by Hrobatos; February 09, 2010 at 05:04 AM.

I have been playing a Byzantine Campaign for several weeks now. NO major CTD's!!!! Yay. I will let you know how it progresses from here.

This is for you @Hrobatos:

Attachment 75274

Attachment 75275

Good luck!!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast