Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 1547 Camapign (Empires)

Default Re: 1547 Camapign (Empires)

I almost think a few gold mines in general around India, with two in Golconda would do, but it's your call, so long as there's at least something to make up for it.

As for the muskets, giving them a unit using the Turkish musket while improving Indian gunners somewhat (Perhaps to 16 or 17 damage to show the great craftsmanship and increased amount of gunpowder being used) is acceptable.

Weapon upgrades is a great idea! I'm impressed at your like for constructive criticism.
    Last edited by BATUBATUBATU; December 07, 2010 at 12:22 AM.

After doing some consulting with a friend of mine who is a small arms weapons technician, we've come upon a good template for the Indian musketeers.
    Range should more than the European, which he explained to me because the Damascus steel barrel would have less give and be able to pack more gunpowder. Size of the round doesn't matter as much for the range, but the force behind it does. Larger explosion behind in the Indian musket=more range. However, because it is a smaller shot, it will do less damage. If we build it off the template of the janissary musketeer, it'd be at 27 or 28 damage. Same sized shot, but more power behind it, and useful at a longer range. Same reload rate as the Ottoman. Sound good, unanime5?

The attack of Janissary Musketeer is 26, while Europeans have an attack of 32 (European muskets fire a heavier shot to pierce plate armour but are slower.). So 27 or 28 would be a higher attack than a Janissary Musketeer.

How about -2 to attack and +5 to range (base abilities attack 24, range 130). Also how well trained were the musketeers used by the Mughals (better training means they get a longer range).
    Morning Sun (adds Korea and China to the Shogun 2 map)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...28-Morning-Sun

Expanded Japan mod (97 new regions and 101 new factions)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ew-factions%29

How to split a region in TWS2
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...split-a-region

Eras Total Conquest 2.3 (12 campaigns from 970-1547)

It should have more damage than janissary musketeers. They fire the same shot as the janissaries, but with more gunpowder and therefore more force and range. Still, smaller than European shot.

Mughal musketeers were quite well trained, because they were only recruitable by the Emperor himself, and not in the hands of local nobility. 28 with significantly more range than a Euro musket would be good enough, as they could be considered to be on par in training with janissaries, being that they both are property of the Sultan/Emperor. Perhaps Mughal musketeers should be trainable only in Royal settlements?

Again, given that they fire the same shot as janissaries, but with more gunpowder, they should do more damage slightly and have more range than Europeans. And because they are not in the hands of local nobility but are drilled according to the Emperor's standards, they could be considered very well trained.

Paladin94610's Avatar Senator

Location of Toungoo is extremely wrong in the map.
    I know it because I am a Burmese living in Yangon. Well, as a Burmese I should know where a famous Burmese town lis, right?? Chaing Mai should be a bit relocated to 2 tiles north of current location diagonally. And Toungoo should be located back towards Western Bank of Ayyawady River just 3 tiles west of Chaing Mai. I hope you appreciate my suggestion.
    Formerly Iberia Auxilia

TW_User's Avatar Libertus

Here a screen from a battle between the Shogunate and the Mings:

Great Mod
    German Medieval: 2 Total War Freak and Modder

Sogdog's Avatar Centenarius

Hi uanime5. I like the changes to this mod with the 2.3 patch. I was also wondering, as I have seen a few people mention it, whether or not you could make the cities on the map a bit smaller in order to make the map look a little less congested? Also I am very excited about your planned sub-mods for this campaign. One question: how on earth did you get the nations to horde???? the 1547 campaign is the only one where I couldn't get the hording to work!

really ?? sogdog it works for me... (hordes)
    maybe because i have the version 2.0, but it should horde in every campaign

Nope, no such luck.

Hi. Could someone please post the latest desc_buildings file for the 1547 campaign. I somehow (or my sons did) altered mine.

for wich version ?

I've attached the export_descr_buildings for 1547 to this post. This is the 2.3.3 version.
    Morning Sun (adds Korea and China to the Shogun 2 map)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...28-Morning-Sun

Expanded Japan mod (97 new regions and 101 new factions)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ew-factions%29

How to split a region in TWS2
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...split-a-region

Eras Total Conquest 2.3 (12 campaigns from 970-1547)

Thanks very much. I had to reinstall everything after unpacking the vanilla game.Note to self: never do that again. I also managed to get the nations to horde in the 1547 campaign!

A bit cluttered, but that's to be expected. Overall, a great mod.
    I thought about writing something clever, but then I remembered I'm not clever enough.

Hound of Ulster's Avatar Senator

Some ideas on the 1547 campaign.

I would drop Crimean Khanate and Tibet and replace them with the Ethopian Empire and the Mapuche, switching the area of what is now Chile and Argentina from Spain to the Mapuche. Given some good units, the Mapuche could at least keep the Spanish honest.

San Luis Potosi should be either a rebel territory or Spanish, not Portuguese. I would tweak some of the provience boundries in the Americas as well, increasing the population levels in the Eastern North American regions and sub-Saharan Africa, especially the Sawihli coast.
    'Only the Dead Have Seen the End of War' Plato

'Killing is Negotiating' A militiaman in 'Blackhawk Down'

Quote Originally Posted by Hound of Ulster View Post
    Some ideas on the 1547 campaign.

I would drop Crimean Khanate and Tibet and replace them with the Ethopian Empire and the Mapuche, switching the area of what is now Chile and Argentina from Spain to the Mapuche. Given some good units, the Mapuche could at least keep the Spanish honest.

San Luis Potosi should be either a rebel territory or Spanish, not Portuguese. I would tweak some of the provience boundries in the Americas as well, increasing the population levels in the Eastern North American regions and sub-Saharan Africa, especially the Sawihli coast.
    What about the Incas de Vilcabamba.

Bellus88's Avatar Ducenarius

I wanna be the Holy Roman Empire, is it possible to create (without editing any files) a major Catholic powerblock. I just wana pretend that Im fighting in a Benevolent Monarchy where all the poor people in huts have giant underground leaisure complexes with hidden entrences, sort of like the communism of this time, aside from my imagination.

This is what Im thinking, Can I effectivley create a Catholic Empire playing as HRE, Allied with Spain and Portugal and always following the Papacies demands ? Never attacking Venice, establishing good relations with those I do not wish to conquer. Obviously all Catholic Factions would be allied at the start right. Most of all I don't want the main power blocks to ever declare war on each other, Portugal Spain and HRE, when you guys played as a Prostastant of Mideastern factoin, did you ever see those 3 factions ever come in to conflict with each other.

Historically it would not make sense at all, the HRE only had minor conflicts with Italian city states, never all out war with Catholic Neighbours. I don't wanna counquer the world, I just want cATHOLIC world

Forgive me for my bad spelling, I did not sleep all night.

Rougeman's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Bellus88 View Post
    I wanna be the Holy Roman Empire, is it possible to create (without editing any files) a major Catholic powerblock. I just wana pretend that Im fighting in a Benevolent Monarchy where all the poor people in huts have giant underground leaisure complexes with hidden entrences, sort of like the communism of this time, aside from my imagination.

This is what Im thinking, Can I effectivley create a Catholic Empire playing as HRE, Allied with Spain and Portugal and always following the Papacies demands ? Never attacking Venice, establishing good relations with those I do not wish to conquer. Obviously all Catholic Factions would be allied at the start right. Most of all I don't want the main power blocks to ever declare war on each other, Portugal Spain and HRE, when you guys played as a Prostastant of Mideastern factoin, did you ever see those 3 factions ever come in to conflict with each other.

Historically it would not make sense at all, the HRE only had minor conflicts with Italian city states, never all out war with Catholic Neighbours. I don't wanna counquer the world, I just want cATHOLIC world

Forgive me for my bad spelling, I did not sleep all night.
    you can use the console by opening it up and typing in "diplomatic_stance <faction_a> <faction_b> allied" without quotes, and replace <faction_a> and <faction_b> with the factions you want to be allied

Tia's Avatar Primicerius

I'm playing a rather interesting campaign.
    I'm playing as the Austrians, 2 colonies in America (Cherokee and Quebec).
    The HRE wiped out my possessions in Europe, so now our capital is Quebec, we're preparing armies to send back over to Europe and wipe out the HRE once and for all.
    Luckily we managed to ship our Janissaries (bribed the Ottomans for them) to America before Zagreb fell, so we do have some of the more powerful troops on our side.

My empire as Sweden is becoming pretty cool.
    We have all of Scandinavia, and we're allied with Novgorod, and we're at war with Poland-Lithuania. We've taken their Baltic land, but they have two cities left: Kiev and (?) Caffa (the peninsula on the Black Sea) so if we take both of them we'll have a major border with Novgorod (hopefully no backstab) but we'll be at the mercy of the Ottomans (who have taken all Austrian land) unless we keep huge garrisons in all cities on the border

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast