Thread: Rule and Conquer 1100 - alternate 1100 campaign for the Real Recruitment1.3/Real Combat1.8/CBUR/BFTB/BGR IV Compilation

Default Rule and Conquer 1100 - alternate 1100 campaign for the Real Recruitment1.3/Real Combat1.8/CBUR/BFTB/BGR IV Compilation

First of all I want to thank all the people who worked on the Real Recruitment1.3/Real Combat1.8/CBUR/BFTB/BGR IV Compilation found here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=197224
    I also want to thank gracul especially for his work on the 6.2 RC mods.
    These wonderful mods inspired me to create this alternate campaign based upon their great work. With kind permission from Point Blank I decided to post this alternate campaign, hopefully for your enjoyment.

Rule and Conquer 1100 is an alternate campaign intended to work with the Real Recruitment1.3/Real Combat1.8/CBUR/BFTB/BGR IV Compilation. It is meant to offer an alternative to the 1100 grand campaign that comes with the compilation.
    It is intended to offer a different campaign experience, making it more of a struggle to establish and secure your initial territory. It is a "rule first, then conquer" attempt at altering gameplay.

Main Features:

-Rebels have been overhauled. They are no longer pushovers and taking rebel provinces should feel like an acomplishment. Every rebel province should have its full army stack of regional troops.

-Alterations to the original campaign situations, some made for historical reasons, and some for balance reasons. In general factions now have less territories to begin with in order to make it a struggle to establish their original power bases. Example: Turks have lost their central territories(where the Danishmends, Artuqids etc should be) and were split in two - a Sultanate of Rum part in the West and a Eastern Seljuk Sultanate in the East.

-Many historical characters added to the campaign. Bonus points for recognizing them.

To install this campaign download the attached data.zip file. (found at end of post) Simply unzip the data.zip file to your "...\mods\Stainless_Steel_6\" folder.(wherever you have Stainless_Steel_6 installed it should just overwrite the data folder) When prompted to overwrite files, select yes - this will only add some text descriptions for the campaign, given the campaign itself is in its own folder and should not affect anything else - you can always backup your "Stainless_Steel_6\data\text" folder although this should not be needed unless you have modified the files there for your own purposes. This campaign is 100% compatible with the standard files found in the Real Recruitment1.3/Real Combat1.8/CBUR/BFTB/BGR IV Compilation and you should be able to enjoy all of the campaigns provided by the compilation with this installed, as this only adds another custom campaign.

The campaign will be playable like any other custom campaign provided by the compilation. It is called "Rule and Conquer 1100".

Any feedback is appreciated, as I intend to expand upon this in the future.

Hope you will enjoy the campaign.

P.S. I am going on holiday for a while - summer time brain wastage - so I won't be able to comment on here while I am gone. Hopefully when I'm back there will be some feedback. I was also thinking of maybe puting my wasted years of studying medieval history during my college days to good use and make a "as acurate as humanly possible" 1100 campaign when I return if people are interested. This current campaign contains many historical inaccuracies (territorial or otherwise due to balance or personal preference and aims of this particular sub-mod), some in part due to my desire not to modify some of the needed files required for a more accurate representation of history... For example the Scotish king should be Etgair (Edgar) but having him in requires the modification of the character related name files because Scotland doesn't have that name currently on its lists... not to mention many other historical personages I could not include for the same reasons.
    Last edited by AldAndred; June 12, 2009 at 11:57 PM.

Default Re: Rule and Conquer 1100 - alternate 1100 campaign for the Real Recruitment1.3/Real Combat1.8/CBUR/BFTB/BGR IV Compilation

Hmm interesting, should make the game start harder for those factions with rebels around to begin with. Like the sound of more historical chacters, do they appear all at the start or throughout the campaign? Will give it a try when I get a chance. Cheers for adding
    member of S.I.N.

Default Re: Rule and Conquer 1100 - alternate 1100 campaign for the Real Recruitment1.3/Real Combat1.8/CBUR/BFTB/BGR IV Compilation

[Ignore this post]

Love NCAA football? Go here.

Probably be included in next version of the compilation right?

Love NCAA football? Go here.

@ginger_hammer

This version only adds historical characters at the start. If people like the concept of this alternate campaign I intend to add more later, most notably I was thinking of adding more future "rebels" the way the Bulgarian rebels appear currently if you play Byzantium. Was also thinking to add famous generals/nobles via script in the future for AI factions.

@Asparagus

Not sure... What gets into the compilation is Point Blank's domain me thinks. Anyway this campaign is first and foremost in the "see if people like the idea" stage. If they do I will most likely improve/expand it.

Gorrrrrn's Avatar Citizen

Have downloaded and the game works OK.

Might like to remove a couple of cuman regions from the northeast.

(If one was being picky I'd remove Lithuania as a playable faction for the 1100AD campaign.)

Is it possible to give rebel units 2 or 3 secondary hitpoints so they do better in autoresolve? That would slow down the AI's expansion in the beginning.