Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: [SUBMOD] Unit variety mod for TROM *Not yet updated for TROM v1.7x*

Default Re: [REL] Unit variety submod for TROM

I see in French texture modification some very good regiment like Régiment de Normandie (i like it because it's the region where i live a long time ago), regiment de champage, realist royal ecossai ... cool if you can had it

Merci d'avance ...
    léo

Some of the new units in the next release.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    French cavalry by PSYCHO V: Royal De Carabiniers, Royal Cravattes, Cuirassiers Du Roy

French infantry by ranger86: Infanterie Petit-Vieux 'Auvergne' (slightly edited by Romulu$), Infanterie Vieux 'La Marine', French Regiment of Foot 'Royal Pologne'

Austrian units by WAAAGH.313ph4n7: Austrian Cuirassiers 'Stampach', Austrian Dragoons 'Batthyànyi', Austrian Grenzers 'Slavonian Broder Regiment'

Last edited by Yarkis de Bodemloze; June 20, 2009 at 03:59 AM.

Johan217's Avatar Campidoctor

Cool!

By the way, in a future release (soon) we'll be differentiating Prussian Line Infantry: Musketeers (generic line infantry) and Fusiliers (mitre caps, a reserve-type unit, recruitable in territories outside Prussia proper). Just so you're prepared
    Rock 'n' roll is the only religion that will never let you down

In the coming version, every European territory (and most of the US) will have an unique identifier. This will allow you to tie more units to a particular region. E.g. if you have a French regiment "Alsace", you can tie them to Alsace. It's only as accurate as the ETW map allows, of course.

Hope this will be useful to you.

Thanks for the info. Basically I don't want to deviate too much from the recruitment zones of the units I make variants of. But any more diversity in TROM is very much welcome.

this is gonna be good....... 1.3 with new units, trom and the variety mod

Sail your ship as part of a fleet. Devs previously worked on: Darthmod, World of Warplanes, World of Tanks, RaceRoom, IL2-Sturmovik, Metro, STALKER and many other great games..

New version 1.1 for TROM 1.33 is up.

Default Re: [REL] Unit variety submod for TROM *new version for TROM 1.33*

I just noticed that I forgot to add the latest text file to v1.1. Will fix this asap! New version 1.11 will also contain some fixes to unit limits and 4 new units for Austria.

God bless you boy.
    In God we trust...everyone else gets searched.

i take it this is not compat with 1.4?

Sail your ship as part of a fleet. Devs previously worked on: Darthmod, World of Warplanes, World of Tanks, RaceRoom, IL2-Sturmovik, Metro, STALKER and many other great games..

New version 1.12 up. I incorporated the changes to the recruitment areas of TROM 1.41.

Default Re: [REL] Unit variety submod for TROM *new version for TROM 1.4x*

sweet - grabbing now

The newest TROM versions 1.43 and up now include my text changes, so you no longer need the trom_text.pack from my mod and can savely overwrite it with the newest TROM files.

Libertus

Thanks for your work mate

Yarkis,

I don't know if you are aware of this excellent mod (still unreleased): http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=272877

We'll be including some of these units in a future version of TROM (either as new units or reskins of existing units). Just letting you know so that there will be no overlaps with your work.

Also, you may want to start looking for French Revolutionary units, because it wouldn't be right to have Royalists and Revolutionaries march side by side. I should get this part ready in a week or two. I'll let you know what needs to be done to make your units work correctly with it.
    Last edited by Johan217; June 29, 2009 at 02:59 AM.

Wow, very impressive stuff. And no, I didn't know about these. I am currently implementing the Prussia realistic uniforms mod, so the next update will be about Prussia.

I discovered a problem with recruitment limits yesterday. In the newst TROM version, the TROM units file has the same name as the vanilla file. Now, for whatever reason, my changes to the recruitment limits no longer work. For example I reduced the limit for the euro_line_infantry_france from 16 to 7, because I have 9 line infantry variants in my mod. With the newest TROM, this changes no longer work. All you need to do is to rename the unit file to trom_unit or something, like it was before.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarkis View Post
    I discovered a problem with recruitment limits yesterday. In the newst TROM version, the TROM units file has the same name as the vanilla file. Now, for whatever reason, my changes to the recruitment limits no longer work. For example I reduced the limit for the euro_line_infantry_france from 16 to 7, because I have 9 line infantry variants in my mod. With the newest TROM, this changes no longer work. All you need to do is to rename the unit file to trom_unit or something, like it was before.
    Fixed in latest update (v1.45)

Coulda sworn there were some Prussian regiments in this mod...

Are any going to be added in the future?

hiiii ... you know i love you...'r units but :

i try this sub mod " Les Droits de l'Homme French Revolution BETA v0.1 for TROM " and it's a very good idea but when revolution turn on you'r royalist unit are still available !
    It's a good think if you (both autor of this two mod) work together : so when the revolution come the royalist unit must'nt be available and the old named royalist regiment turn on infantery or petit vieux or vieux republican regiment. In my dream the name of vieux and petit vieux disapear after revolution (we must find other naming).
    What you think about this ?

Leo

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast