Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: [Add-On] APE: TI with AUM

Default Re: [Add-On] APE: TI with AUM

Hello to all APE:TI + AUM fans,

11. October 2009 - ADDITIONAL UNITS MOD (AUM) 2.7 has been released
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Today I released my "ADDITIONAL UNITS MOD (AUM) 2.7" and it is fully compatible with the following versions:
    - patch 1.5 + both DLC packs: "Elite Units of the West" + "Warpath Campaign"
    - DarthMod 3.1 / A Proper Empire:Terra Incognita 1.0.8 / Imperial Splendor 2.1b Hotfix

- all unit stats are balanced to the corresponding mod > DarthMod / A Proper Empire:Terra Incognita / Imperial Splendor or vanilla = standard ETW balanced stats (standalone)

It isn't required to download a language file, if you did it on the AUM 2.6 release.

There aren't any changes in the language files for AUM 2.7.

> changes according to patch 1.4 + 1.5
    - fixed the "aum_units_stats_naval_crew_to_factions_tables", because the table wasn't readable anymore after patch 1.5

- re-balanced and optimized all land + naval units of the four AUM versions to the new patch 1.5 and the three updated major mod versions

- set the "MP Unit Limit" of all custom AUM + ORNAMENTUM units to the same as in singleplayer mode

- the "Horse Grenadier Guards" + "Royal Swedish Dragoons" have now the ability "rank_fire"

- the following cavalry units have now the ability "fire_while_moving" because they use carbines:
    Horse Grenadier Guards + Spanish Conquistadores + French Mousquetaires du Garde + Royal Swedish Dragoons + Don Cossacks Cavalry + Freikorps Cavalry.

Spanish Carabinieros Reales + Feldjäger zu Pferd from ORNAMENTUM

> other changes
    - fixed the drummer/standard-bearer of the "French Douaniers Infantry" + "Hessian Jaegers" + "American Infantry Mercenaries" + "Polish Trabant Cavalry"

- all custom 1st rate + 3rd rate ships are now Admiral ships

- the vanilla "Hessian Line Infantry" is now available for the same factions like the "Hessian Jaegers" (region = Americas)

- changed the unit size of several AUM-IS units

- included a new info card picture for the "Marines (early)" made by REIKSMARSHAL
    - included a new unit icon + info card picture for the "Royal British Marines Nocks Volley Gun" made by REIKSMARSHAL
    - included a new unit icon + info card picture for the "Landwehr Militia" made by REIKSMARSHAL

> patch_aum_graphics.pack v1.6

Swiss Line Infantry made by HELLFELL
    Netherlands Line Infantry by JARNOMIDEMA
    Hessian Line Infantry made by SIR DIGBY CAESAR
    Naples-Sicily Line Infantry made by SIR DIGBY CAESAR
    Venice Line Infantry made by SIR DIGBY CAESAR
    Spanish Irish Brigade made by SIR DIGBY CAESAR
    France Guards made by KLA
    Prussian Guards made by REMO
    Austrian Guards made by REMO
    British Light Infantry made by LEGOFINGERS

Icon for the "Spanish Guerillas" made by REIKSMARSHAL

NEW FACTION RE-TEXTURES:
    Russian textures + icons made by HELLFELL > The Glory of the Russian Empire Light 1.4
    21 textures

Netherlands textures made by JARNOMIDEMA > United Provinces Full Mod 1.1
    22 textures

Ottoman textures + icons made by REMO > Ottomans re-texture pack
    17 textures

New included textures in GP 1.6 = 70

Included JARNOMIDEMA's fantastic "Historical Event Messages"

The Graphic Pack v1.6 is available in two different versions:
    The file "patch_aum_graphics_full.pack" contains all re-textures + JARNOMIDEMA's "Historical Event Messages"

The file "patch_aum_graphics_small.pack" contains all re-textures

Both files are called the same after you unzip them. Therefore you can simply switch between these two and overwrite the files.

UNIT LIMIT IN THE UI RECRUITMENT QUEUE
    As you probably know there is a "Unit Limit UI" problem. I've started these two threads about this issue.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=255974

http://shoguntotalwar.yuku.com/topic...ENT-QUEUE.html

There is absolutely no comment at all from CA until now.

If CA doesn't fix this problem, then all "Unit Pack mods" have really a problem to be played together and some units are missing in the recruitment queue.

If you have an account on the official "CA YUKU" forum, then please post your opinion and thoughts about this problem on their site.

Problems, bugs, comments and balancing issues
    If you have any problems with AUM, then please read the detailed FAQ on the second post of the AUM main-thread.

If you have any comments or problems you can give me feedback here in this thread.

Please write which AUM "mod-version" and "language" file do you use.

If you see any major balancing problem please report your used version and give me some feedback.

I need to update now the first post with all new information and change the credits. The huge FAQ on the second post will be updated too.

Cheers and happy playing AUM 2.7!
    Swiss Halberdier

I have never used a TW mod. Where do I go to download APE and find instructions on how to install it to work with ETW 1.5. Which AUM version will work with 1.5?

Quote Originally Posted by Babajan View Post
    I have never used a TW mod. Where do I go to download APE and find instructions on how to install it to work with ETW 1.5. Which AUM version will work with 1.5?
    Hello Babajan and welcome to the TWC community! Please download the AUM 2.7 version for APE:TI

aum_mod_ape_ti.7z

Please go to this thread:
    A Proper Empire: Terra Incognita v1.0.8 - Installation and Downloads

Thanks very much!!

Hi! I would like to play APE:TI 1.08 with AUM2.7, as you know the APE:TI 1.08 comes with it own BAT file and created a destop icon for launching (and it creates a separate folder inside the game directory with several *.LUA files inside). If I use AUM2.7, does it mean I should start the mod by using Mod Manager to select those pack files of APE:TI and AUM mod instead of using the BAT file/icon comes with APE:TI?
    Last edited by CyrusTheGreat; October 12, 2009 at 05:13 AM.

Cyrus: The BAT file works file as long as you edit it to include the AUM file. You just need to include one in the file for it to work -- it'll pick up the others.

It should look like this:

Empire.exe mod apeti_customcampaign.pack; mod apeti_modcore.pack; mod apeti_skins.pack; mod apeti_newflags.pack; mod apeti_graphics.pack; mod aum_mod_ape_ti.pack;

Note that the mod aum_mod_ape_ti.pack; command is at the END of the file. You can make these changes in notepad, for example.

Quote Originally Posted by CyrusTheGreat View Post
    Hi! I would like to play APE:TI 1.08 with AUM2.7, as you know the APE:TI 1.08 comes with it own BAT file and created a destop icon for launching (and it creates a separate folder inside the game directory with several *.LUA files inside). If I use AUM2.7, does it mean I should start the mod by using Mod Manager to select those pack files of APE:TI and AUM mod instead of using the BAT file/icon comes with APE:TI?
    Quote Originally Posted by myarta View Post
    Cyrus: The BAT file works file as long as you edit it to include the AUM file. You just need to include one in the file for it to work -- it'll pick up the others.
    Empire.exe mod apeti_customcampaign.pack; mod apeti_modcore.pack; mod apeti_skins.pack; mod apeti_newflags.pack; mod apeti_graphics.pack; mod aum_mod_ape_ti.pack;

Note that the mod aum_mod_ape_ti.pack; command is at the END of the file. You can make these changes in notepad, for example.
    Hello myarta, thanks for your example.

I'll include this into my installation instructions + the FAQ.

Note that the mod aum_mod_ape_ti.pack; command is at the END. You can make these changes in notepad.

thanks so much!! I will try it myself

Hello. I first checked on this question in the 2.7 thread, but since I don't see anything, I have this question. Are there supposed to be two Marines units? I have AUM marines available due to the Admiralty buildings, in up to three types as the building level improves (Marines, Marines (late), and Nock gunners), as British. But I also have a fourth type, also called Marines, also available from the lowest level of the building. This is a standard unit provided by APETI, but it's actually rather inferior to the AUM unit in terms of statistics. AUM marines are truly an elite force, while the extra stats above line infantry on the APETI marines don't always make up for their 60 unit size (instead of 80 for AUM, on the sizing settings I play on) when I sometimes use auto-calc.

Well, I digressed a bit. But anyway, perhaps it was a disabling that was missed for the APETI edition? Personally, I'd prefer to turn off the APETI marines, since the AUM marines are part of a three unit progression that makes sense to me, plus really good troops. I'm not sure how to do that, though.

Hello. I first checked on this question in the 2.7 thread, but since I don't see anything, I have this question. Are there supposed to be two Marines units? I have AUM marines available due to the Admiralty buildings, in up to three types as the building level improves (Marines, Marines (late), and Nock gunners), as British. But I also have a fourth type, also called Marines, also available from the lowest level of the building. This is a standard unit provided by APETI, but it's actually rather inferior to the AUM unit in terms of statistics. AUM marines are truly an elite force, while the extra stats above line infantry on the APETI marines don't always make up for their 60 unit size (instead of 80 for AUM, on the sizing settings I play on) when I sometimes use auto-calc.

Well, I digressed a bit. But anyway, perhaps it was a disabling that was missed for the APETI edition? Personally, I'd prefer to turn off the APETI marines, since the AUM marines are part of a three unit progression that makes sense to me, plus really good troops. I'm not sure how to do that, though.
    Hello myarta, yes the "extra" Marines are the standard Marines of APE:TI.

You could disable this unit if you open the apetimodcore.pack with DBEditor.

Look into these two tables and delete all "euro_marines" entries there:
    units_to_groupings_military_permissions_tables/units_to_groupings_military_permissions
    units_to_exlusive_faction_permissions/units_to_exlusive_faction_permissions

Okay, thanks. From your guide, I can figure out how to make this next fix, too, but I thought you might want a heads-up for your next release. Since APETI 1.0.8, there's been a hotfix that addresses two technologies present in APETI that are missing text descriptions. Since I installed AUM 2.7 for APETI, they have been back to text-less. I imagine this is because I had to disable the APETI localization file, and the APETI version for 2.7 was built on the pre-hotfix edition of 1.0.8, thus including the error in the strings. I'm not entirely sure what changes were made, but they are mentioned up top here:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=302230

l33tl4m3r's Avatar A Frakkin' Toaster

There are six extra lines for the localisation -- Swiss should have the SVN location which DOES contain the updated localisation information!

Any questions for me Swiss, you know how to get a hold of me.
    [House of Caesars|Under the Patronage of Carl von Döbeln]

Quote Originally Posted by l33tl4m3r View Post
    There are six extra lines for the localisation -- Swiss should have the SVN location which DOES contain the updated localisation information!

Any questions for me Swiss, you know how to get a hold of me.
    Thanks L33tl4m3r!

I've updated the patch_aum_en_loc_ape_ti.7z to APE:TI 1.0.8 + hotfix.

Download link:
    patch_aum_en_loc_ape_ti.7z

Dago Red's Avatar Primicerius
    "Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war" ~John Adams

This is all a lot to digest for someone just DLing APE for the first time. Is the following correct for using AUM with APE now with these hotfixes? I'mlost in steps 5 and 6 - please help there!

1. DL and install APE:TI and all it's patches, etc.
    2. DL and install aum_mod_ape_ti.7z ("Just put this file in your ETW data directory and it loads automatically like the language file")
    3. "' patch_aum_en_loc_ape_ti.7z (for the correct unit cards and english)
    4. change apeti_localisation.pack to apeti_localisation.pack_disabled.

5. then i'm lost at mod manager:
    "5a Use the Mod Manager 1.5 to activate aum_mod*** "

Is Mod Manager 1.5 included in the DL or something I get from elsewhere? I see no mention of it in APE:Ti manual.

6. "If you use A Proper Empire:Terra Incognita you have to edit the APE:TI start batch file."
    Add mod aum_mod_ape_ti.pack; to the end of the APE:TI start batch file... etc, etc

SAy what?

l33tl4m3r's Avatar A Frakkin' Toaster

Quote Originally Posted by Dago Red View Post
    This is all a lot to digest for someone just DLing APE for the first time. Is the following correct for using AUM with APE now with these hotfixes? I'mlost in steps 5 and 6 - please help there!

1. DL and install APE:TI and all it's patches, etc.
    2. DL and install aum_mod_ape_ti.7z ("Just put this file in your ETW data directory and it loads automatically like the language file")
    3. "' patch_aum_en_loc_ape_ti.7z (for the correct unit cards and english)
    4. change apeti_localisation.pack to apeti_localisation.pack_disabled.

5. then i'm lost at mod manager:
    "5a Use the Mod Manager 1.5 to activate aum_mod*** "

Is Mod Manager 1.5 included in the DL or something I get from elsewhere? I see no mention of it in APE:Ti manual.

6. "If you use A Proper Empire:Terra Incognita you have to edit the APE:TI start batch file."
    Add mod aum_mod_ape_ti.pack; to the end of the APE:TI start batch file... etc, etc

SAy what?
    Go from step 4 to step 6 and you should be okay!

APE: TI + AUM does NOT need ModManager.

In step 6 you have to edit a file in your Empire folder and add that line for AUM onto the end of the line in the batch file.
    [House of Caesars|Under the Patronage of Carl von Döbeln]

Thanks L33tl4m3r for your answer while I was away!

I have updated the installation instructions + FAQ.

If you use A Proper Empire:Terra Incognita you have to edit the APE:TI start batch file.

Add mod aum_mod_ape_ti.pack; to the end of the APE:TI start batch file which is located in this directory:
    C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\

Example Script:

Note that the mod aum_mod_ape_ti.pack; command is at the end. You can make these changes in notepad.

Hello to all APE:TI + AUM users,

if you have problems with AUM, then please report these informations below in a "spoiler" that I can help you better and faster.

It's always helpful if you provide as much information as you can.

This section is listed on my FAQ AUM Troubleshooting-Guide too.

• Which AUM version do you use? (version number + Van, DM, APE:TI, IS)
    • Which language file do you use?
    • Which AUM units are affected?
    • Campaign or custom battle problem?
    • Is the error re-producable in any battle?
    • Are there any other mods or re-texture packs installed?

It can be very helpful if you provide screenshots of your data folder, script folder, script-file and if used Mod Manager List.

I've uploaded all language files again to the download section on my FAQ. All language files are now available on these three locations: FAQ + Mediafire + Filefront.

Cheers
    Swiss Halberdier

Dago Red's Avatar Primicerius
    "Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war" ~John Adams

I want to include this now that i've had a full campaign with APE:TI without it... waiting on this patch.
    How does this add on effect savegames? Will the units in my save games be all out of whack?

Quote Originally Posted by Dago Red View Post
    I want to include this now that i've had a full campaign with APE:TI without it... waiting on this patch.
    How does this add on effect savegames? Will the units in my save games be all out of whack?
    You can install AUM without any problems within your started APE:TI campaign.

The future releases of AUM will be compatible to older versions.

There is only a problem if you remove an unit pack like AUM from your ongoing campaign. This problem have ALL mods. It occurs because the save game tries to load the mod's DB-tables and it doesn't find them anymore after removing of the mod.