Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: What Faction Do You Consider the Best?

Vic Vega's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: What Faction Do You Concider the Best?

Quote Originally Posted by zero0609 View Post
    Song dynasty, I hope Yue Fei get represented in this mod somehow, because i want to use 岳家军(army of Yue family) to retook northern china, 直捣黄龙!
    Hell Yeah

Default Re: What Faction Do You Consider the Best?

Do we have Yang Spear clan under Song dynasty ? I remembered there one famous general battled several time with Rue Fei and they are both decent opponents. His name is Yang Zai Xing. Who love Jin Yong novel must be familiar with Yang clan in Condor heroes series

Radboud's Avatar Luctor et Emergo

I would play the mongols first. They are going to be in this mod, right ? I hope this gets finished, so we'll finally have a proper asian total war game.

Talic's Avatar Libertus

Since I do not know much of Asian history before WW1, I'm pretty open for every faction (Sure I know mongols and japanese (Age of empires ) but only from games/movies).

STELLover's Avatar Senator

Yes, I agree with Radboud.

I would want to try the mongolian person becomes when coming to Total War

I am a CALVARY PERSON Yeah!!!

ROME 2 Mod: More Cities and Settlements on Campaign Map:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=194761024

Dai Viet for sure, that's my mother's home country, which i consider my home country. This is the first time they show up in a RTS (EU is a turn base). And i think rewrite history is a fun thing to do, even in game
    _____________________________________________________________________________

do you understand? This topis say " what is the strongest faction?", not " What is the faction you like?".

I think the strongest faction is

1/ Mongol ( best in cavalry - numberous, agility and cavalry archer )
    2/ Jin ( I don't know, but they stronger than Song)
    3/ Song ( have many kind of army, siege machine, they have even firearm army)
    4/ Khmer Empire ( best in Elephant)

outside these faction, I think other faction as trong as each orther. They have their strong and their weak.
    - Dai Viet strong is crossbow, light infary have good agility and don't be effect by any area (like mountain, or forest). They have several army like Khmer ( Elphant) and Cavalry. But their armor don't good as Song, Their Elphant don't strong as Khmer, Champa. Their cavalry is few and don't strong as Mongol or Song. And their siege machine is very few ( only have two kind of trebuchet).
    - Champa is strong in Elephant and naval's agility but may be weak about cavalry and armor.
    - Korea have a strong cavalry use long flail, may be good in Archer ( actually, I think Japan's samurai will better than in archer). But their weak... I don't know.
    - Japan strong in samurai use naginata and archer ( may be). I don't know their weak, too.

About Burma, Dali,... I don't know much about them, I can't say any thing.
    I have a little sad because mod don't have Thailand, Malaisya and Indonesia.

zero0609's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by yevon View Post
    - Korea have a strong cavalry use long flail, may be good in Archer ( actually, I think Japan's samurai will better than in archer). But their weak... I don't know.
    Japanese archery technology is quite outdated compare to his neighbors on the main continent. The Japanese long bow loose in both range and penetrating power comparing to the composite bow.(not saying they are unskilled in archery, just their bows suck.)

Koreans on the other hand, have a long legacy of excellent archers, it can even been seen in today's world, Korean archers usually win a lot of gold medals in the Olympic.

actually, say Korea good in Archer because they usually win in Olympic is... have a little... droll. If say that, Why we don't make karate army or sumo army for Japan?

I don't know much about Korea. I only know they have cavalry use long flail, and their naval is very best ( I am saying about Yi Su Sin's Naval, they have good agility and armor, firearm.). unfortunate, both of them don't have in time of game. But if we can, I really hope mod will add Heavy Cavalry use long flail go in game for Korea.

do you understand? This topis say " what is the strongest faction?", not " What is the faction you like?".
    I don't know why you reacted strongly like this? You should look at the topic title again.

In the Ly -Tran period, Dai Viet had a strong military power at least in defending her homeland. It's because of good generals and brave soldiers. Ly Thuong Kiet fought with Song 2 times. Nung Tri Cao invaded Quang Chau. To Hien Thanh killed King of Khmer Suryavarman II. And first of all is the 3 time successful defence against Mongol Invasion.

Therefore, I myself consider Daiviet is the best faction. Whatever you think, It's up to you.

There isn't any best faction. Because if there was, the mod would fail. I hope the modders will make a balanced modification.
    Last edited by gamevn; June 15, 2009 at 07:54 AM.

Sorry, but cannot base on olympic records to say that Korean archers are better than japanese archers at that time.
    I think gamevn is right, there is not any best faction in game

There is no superior faction, some have more advantages. It all depends on tactics and terrain.
    I hope there will not be too much balance, I think players should be forced to adapt.

I want to play one of the Indochina factions first, probably Khmer or Champa but I'm not sure yet.
    I suspect the Indochina factions have a lot of light infantry and skirmishers, so I'm going to use hit-and-run, ambushes etc.

Jeez , who win will be the strongest and i always win .

The topic is "what is the strongest faction" not "what was" and the mod is not out yet so it's controversial my friend.
    _____________________________________________________________________________

STELLover's Avatar Senator

ROME 2 Mod: More Cities and Settlements on Campaign Map:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=194761024

Wundai's Avatar Artifex

It doesn't matter what the title says people, we all know this thread is created for people to express their preference faction to play with when the mod releases.
    Not a bickering fight which faction was the best in the time period, throwing historical facts at eachother.

Lets keep the good atmosphere around here please.

From a historical perspective Chinggis is not guranteed to win. Frankly early on few of the other empires viewed him as a threat. The other Khans of the Naimans and Kereyid treated him as an upstart. It was not until the defeat of Toghrul Khan that he started to appear stronger in the eyes of the other nations. The Jin with their divide and conquer steppe foreign policy most of all treated the Mongols with little to know respect considering them a minor threat. Even the Song thought they could take some land back from them and renegading on their alliance but that failed miserably.

Rinan's Avatar Centenarius

Default Re: What Faction Do You Concider the Best?

I'm definately going to play one of the Japanese factions, I quite like Japanese culture. Jaaaapaan!
    But I must admit I don't know much about Asian history besides a little bit about a Japan, which is why I'm looking forward to this mod. A nice gaming experience+a history lesson=(All Under) Heaven

I guess I'll try out a Chinese faction as well and the Mongolians, of course. I'll see!

song of course!!! One of the greatest empire in the history!!!

song of course!!! One of the greatest empire in the history!!!
    No. Song is the weakest empire in China's history. They be defeated by Liao, Jin, Xia, Mongol, even by Dai Viet when they invalder them in 981 and 1077. In 1075 - 1077, Dai Viet's general is Ly Thuong Kiet (李常傑) can attack into Song's territory ( the only one in history war between China - Daiviet.).

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    But Song is the times have many the great of heroes - patriot in China's history as Yang Clan of North Song, Yue Fei, Wen Tianxiang of South Song,... In 1077 ( North Song), Song's general is To GIam ( sorry, I don't know his original name) defend Ung châu ( sorry, I don't know its original name, but I know now it is Nanning). He only have 2000 soldier, but he defend the forstress against 100 000 soldier of Dai Viet. After 40 day, he be defeated and killed himself but Dai Viet lost 10 000 soldier. And after when South Song be conquered by Mongol, have many Song ( citizen, soldier and syndic) run to Dai Viet ( now, in Dai Viet have many refugee from Song and Dali). In there, They combine with each other ( Song, Dali, CHampa, Dai Viet,...) against Yuan empire when they invalder Dai Viet and Champa in 1285, 1288.Until now, in some seaside village of North of Vietnam, still have some temple commemorated these refugees and few story about that time, so dreadful. In Vietnam's Nghe An they say in 1279, many refugees of Song run into there from sea, but many of them had died by storm . One temple make for one eunuch named Yu. he protect some Song's madam but all of them died in the sea, only he survived. After that, he mustered more many Song refugees and built one village for them. He named this village is HUa Yang village. Follow him, this is name of one madam he has failed when protect them. In Dai Viet History say that, general Tran NHuat Duat ( full cousin of genral Tran Hung Dao - or Chen Xin Dao if read by chinese) is a who know many language, he has talk with refugees and accept them into his army. In Legend, one Song general is Zhang Zhong very good in archery and he lead one Song's contingent attack Yuan in 1885. In 1258, Daiviet history say that one Dai Viet's Lord named Ha Dac created one contingent have many soldier is Dali's refugees to fight with Mongol,...

Yes, follow me, South Song is the weakest empire in China history, but can be the greatest empire if you say about its patriots.

The greatest empire in China's history ( follow me) is Han, Tang and Ming. I think Ming empire can defeat ally of all of Europa country in that times. I really think Ming is the greatest empire in World in that times.
    Last edited by yevon; July 07, 2009 at 10:32 PM.